News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

doctornick

Again, if they really wanted a Tiana restaurant and some NOLA theming, they should add stuff on the far side of the Frontierland RR station. There's even an expansion pad in that area. Putting a restaurant (and retail or whatever) would actually expand MK for a larger guest footprint and help to keep the New Orleans theming separated from the rest of Frontierland.

Putting New Orleans stuff in Pecos Bill just disrupts stuff even more than they are already doing.

Vp9503

It’s pretty simple. New Pirates restaurant coming. Semi French cuisine and of course NOLA. They share a kitchen so they will both shutter and reopen As the NEW Frontierland Eateries. And technically that area was frontier before the West was. if I recall correctly, part of Tiana’s new image was exploration.

EPCOT-O.G.

Again, if they really wanted a Tiana restaurant and some NOLA theming, they should add stuff on the far side of the Frontierland RR station. There's even an expansion pad in that area. Putting a restaurant (and retail or whatever) would actually expand MK for a larger guest footprint and help to keep the New Orleans theming separated from the rest of Frontierland.

Putting New Orleans stuff in Pecos Bill just disrupts stuff even more than they are already doing.
They clearly have no desire to expand. They can’t fully utilize what they’ve already built out.

EPCOT-O.G.

“look forward to sharing more announcements about Frontierland … so y'all come back now, ya hear?"… proceeds to remove more of Frontierland
1) Ending the announcement on “Y’all Come Back Now, Ya Hear?”
2) This slogan was also the sign off for The Beverly Hillbillies.
3) 90’s nostalgia for major motion picture remakes of Boomer sitcoms meant that in 1993 a feature film of The Beverly Hillbillies was released by…20th Century Fox.
4) Disney now owns 20CF catalogue, and hence, The Beverly Hillbillies film.

Ergo, Beyond Big Thunder will be Beverly Hillbillies themed.

Epcot82Guy

I really hope it's not Pecos Bill's. (Though I agree that's most likely.) It is one of the better restaurants in MK, as low as that bar is. And, it's got one of the best themes that really feels like the castle parks. In a park that DESPERATELY needs more food options, replacing one for another is just stupid, hits even more on the nostalgia front and takes yet again something very popular out for Tiana to be added. It's just not a good look at this point where it could be easily avoided by a New Orleans Court or something like that elsewhere.

Very happy to eat my words if not, but it's hard to hold out hope with current management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom