News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

James Alucobond

It is one of the better restaurants in MK, as low as that bar is.
I mean, while that may be sort of true in a relative sense, it's still kind of generic so-so slop. There aren't many Magic Kingdom restaurants I'd be sad to see them re-imagine as long as it raised the bar for quality. That said, I would prefer they use Disneyland's Hungry Bear Restaurant as a model for change rather than Tiana's Place. If she gets something, they should try to tuck it in behind the train station somehow, which is where they should contain the more explicitly New Orleans additions. Hungry Bear, by contrast, would require very little to change on the exterior, perhaps aside from softening of the southwestern elements around the secondary entrance.

jeanericuser001

It makes sense that pecos bill is next on the list. The original cartoon has some rather unsavory things in it. As for country bear jamboree, that has not been bringing in the crowds like it use to. Im guessing the plan is to convert frontier land into new orleans complete with new restaurant, new entertainment, and even some new stores. Bye bye roadkill hat and fake guns. Hello sugar skull masks and glowing voodoo bubble shooting wands. Bye bye Bears singing blue grass and country music. Hello swamp creatures doing cajun music. Bye bye bland mexican food. Hello spicy seafood and dry oversugared beignets. More things change the more they stay the same.

Edit: Oh god its worse than I thought. Disney does opry land doing country versions of disney tunes. Disney already has some bad remixes already. We don't need more...

yensidtlaw1969

Again, if they really wanted a Tiana restaurant and some NOLA theming, they should add stuff on the far side of the Frontierland RR station. There's even an expansion pad in that area. Putting a restaurant (and retail or whatever) would actually expand MK for a larger guest footprint and help to keep the New Orleans theming separated from the rest of Frontierland.

Putting New Orleans stuff in Pecos Bill just disrupts stuff even more than they are already doing.

Once again shamelessly reposting my own sketch from 2020:

1704853593233.png

Note Tiana's Palace drawn in place of the current exit restrooms (which would be moved nearby). Could be a proper, scratch-built Table Service restaurant, with a Beignet Window to entice people who've just dried off from the ride.

Epcot82Guy

Once again shamelessly reposting my own sketch from 2020:

View attachment 762372

Note Tiana's Palace drawn in place of the current exit restrooms (which would be moved nearby). Could be a proper, scratch-built Table Service restaurant, with a Beignet Window to entice people who've just dried off from the ride.

I would be 100% ok with this. It would also help create a bit more separation, too. I like the Tiana's Palace concept from DL, and this (along with a Beignet window) would be a very nice addition.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Pecos Bill is a shell out itself, a stale taco shell. It hasn't been any good post-pandemics. Some of it is attributable to the loss of the condiment bar but it's gone so downhill that condiments can't even save it anymore. It was once our favorite MK QS but this last trip we avoided entirely and the trip before that I went in a different direction with the burger.

I'm curious if Disney intentionally slowly kills spaces so that they're less missed.

SteamboatJoe

At this point they might as well just build a new Frontierland fitting for 21st Century sensitivities beyond Big Thunder and re-theme all of current Frontierland as a Liberty Square extension transitioning into New Orleans. Perhaps new Frontierland can borrow from some of the more rustic, outdoorsy vibe that exists in DCA's Grizzly Peak.

Centauri Space Station

I mean, while that may be sort of true in a relative sense, it's still kind of generic so-so slop. There aren't many Magic Kingdom restaurants I'd be sad to see them re-imagine as long as it raised the bar for quality. That said, I would prefer they use Disneyland's Hungry Bear Restaurant as a model for change rather than Tiana's Place. If she gets something, they should try to tuck it in behind the train station somehow, which is where they should contain the more explicitly New Orleans additions. Hungry Bear, by contrast, would require very little to change on the exterior, perhaps aside from softening of the southwestern elements around the secondary entrance.
Columbia, skippers, caseys, sleepy hollow are far better than hungry bear

tanc

If they make Pecos into Tiana's palace, I will legit laugh. How you could possibly thematically fit a New Orleans style restaurant in frontierland. Then again Hollywood Studios is a testament to how much of a hodgepodge it all has become.

Who knows, could be country bears themed too. Guess we'll have to see.

Epcot82Guy

If they make Pecos into Tiana's palace, I will legit laugh. How you could possibly thematically fit a New Orleans style restaurant in frontierland. Then again Hollywood Studios is a testament to how much of a hodgepodge it all has become.

Who knows, could be country bears themed too. Guess we'll have to see.

I heard Peter Quill visited Pecos Bill's on his second day (after visiting EPCOT Center day 1), and they were staying at Port Orleans that trip. Problem solved. #modernWDI #storytelling

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
I feel like Frontierland is going to be such a mess three years from now. Does that seem like a long time to you? Whatever they do won't be done until then, I'm sure.

I ate at Pecos Bill's once in 2011, never before or since. I didn't care that much for the food, but I loved the look and feel of it. The warm lighting during the twilight hours was like a warm lamp waiting in the window after traversing Adventureland (pardon me while I poetically reflect on my youth at WDW). I don't have high hopes for this, and it's not because of the IP replacement.

A Tiana's Place/Palace Restaurant, done right, requires a new build, full stop. I want to visit the restaurant from the movie, NOT Pecos Bill's redecorated (in DL's case French Market).

For crying out loud, couldn't they just ADD something for once without replacing something? Whatever happened to "the blessing of size?" When was the last time they actually added something on to a park without closing something else in the same place first? Expedition Everest?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom