News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Indy_UK

I am actually not against Genie+ especially if they used the $$$ from ILL to cover the costs they paid for the attraction but they simply don't do that. Its just more money to shareholders and sunk into Disney+ losses.

Could you imagine if that they did use that income to make more attractions more frequently? oh boy

aladdin2007

Whats crazy is this. They can expand parks and people will still pay up for Genie. Any new ride they can still charge an ILL fee people will pay. These rides can pay for themselves over time. Add in a couple cool dark/family rides and its a no brainer.
yep that right there, I was just going to respond with that and you already did lol. genie$$$ is all that matters anymore to them. I think its now above merch/bev$$$.

Bocabear

I wonder if one day the end game for Genie + will be to have everyone buy their day passes to the park which will include no rides... then you can purchase each attraction separately, thereby paying more than double to spend a day at the park...or the current park entrance fee to just enter and buy food and souvenirs...

SteveAZee

But they have lots of hotel rooms to staff and fill, empty rooms don't generate cash flow or merch bev sales which is where the money is
It does seem like only building DVC resorts and converting existing hotel rooms to DVC is part of their solution for that.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wonder if one day the end game for Genie + will be to have everyone buy their day passes to the park which will include no rides... then you can purchase each attraction separately, thereby paying more than double to spend a day at the park...or the current park entrance fee to just enter and buy food and souvenirs...
they'd love that... but guests wouldn't and i think it would majorly hurt attendance

plus you need some people in lines because there isn't enough room to spread out the crowds without many doing attractions

SamusAranX

I am actually not against Genie+ especially if they used the $$$ from ILL to cover the costs they paid for the attraction but they simply don't do that. Its just more money to shareholders and sunk into Disney+ losses.

Could you imagine if that they did use that income to make more attractions more frequently? oh boy
But then they wouldn’t sell as much Genie +. Disney has no incentive to add capacity

TrainsOfDisney

But they have lots of hotel rooms to staff and fill, empty rooms don't generate cash flow or merch bev sales which is where the money is
Everything was sold out last week… wanted an extra night at riverside - all moderates and values were full so stayed at flamingo the last night.

Disney is filling rooms sometimes!

Fido Chuckwagon

That was literally how Disneyland operated when it opened.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
That was literally how the Magic Kingdom was when I went as a kid... Individual tickets for each ride... That is what makes me wonder if they are toying with going back to that model...
that's why E tickets are called that - the E ticket was for roller coasters, technologically advanced, or new attractions and were more limited/expensive

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom