News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

celluloid

Still, I never imagined a vape thing could do such damage.

Compression, intense heat, oxygen. next to the battery... very combustible. Pretty crazy, but more common than people think.

ImperfectPixie

Compression, intense heat, oxygen. next to the battery... very combustible. Pretty crazy, but more common than people think.

We had a battery in a phone swell once (apparently, it had gotten wet)...the Apple guy said they can have a "heat incident"...he literally made it sound like a mini-nuclear-meltdown.

celluloid

So, at what point are we all going to just stop going?

Different for everyone, but that is why the food prices and nickel and diming rises faster than ticket price percentages. They can steadily rise the passes, and steadily rise the foods, but some will still go and pack more snacks/eat off property/have one big meal instead of a couple. Less merch purchases/frequency.

Its a web of a situation and complex.

Dutch Inn '76

The difference is.. like you decided to go to ChickaFil, you can select a variety of restaurants when you're outside. Inside the parks you only have what they offer there.
Well, yeah. The servings are also massive at WDW counter service. They're not overpriced, but if you really wanted to save a buck, four people could easily split 2 or 3 CS entrees.

J4546

when me and my gf go to DL/CA we sometimes park a few blocks away to avoid the parking fee even though its only 15 with her keyholder discount.
Also I only drink water and have a nice metal insulated water bottle. Totally worth the 15-20 dollar investment it amazing how ice cold water stays ice cold all day and there are a lot of water bottle filling stations around DL
Also also I bring a pack full of snacks and with a water bottle holder. Having a water bottle holder is a must on a pack or backpack.
Its hard to go to DL and not spend 100 bucks minimum but its def possible

Patcheslee

Never paid attention to the soda prices, we're a Mt. Dew/Dr. Pepper family, and DD13 is practically a fish with her water drinking, so it's normal for us to stop at a Walmart or Target and stock up. We also get some breakfast food and snacks. The rest, we had the dining plan to cover. We're use to Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and locally owned diners so the offerings at Disney are more than we normally get. Having a rental car as well, if we wanted we can visit places outside the bubble. At least arrival day we've spent the hours until check-in at Wonderworks, Titanic Museum, etc. and hunting down a Harley shop for souvenir poker coins.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Dasani bottled water contains tap water + chemical additives including potassium chloride, which causes birth defects and is used in lethal injections to stop the heart. It also has magnesium sulfate (which dries your mouth), and salt (which makes you thirsty) - which makes you purchase another bottle of water...
There are tons of videos and info out there on it to help you decide what's best for you for your next trip to the Mouse.
Don't forget the dihydrogen monoxide, a liquid that kills millions of people every year around the world!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’d have to see if I have any old receipts where I bought a Mickey bar. But I did create a thread a few years back when the prices jumped up quite a bit percentage-wise. Can’t remember if that was $4.25 to $5, or $5 to $6.

Lilofan

I'm old and I don't remember that, I think $5 is what it was when I last went and that was for FoP
We need a chart of historical mickey bar prices
I think it is not a bang for your buck especially if one tries eat a Mickey Bar in the middle of August , 100 degrees on MK Main Street with the ice cream dripping and melting on you and onto the hot sidewalk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom