News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

CntrlFlPete

I assume the hand dipped special edition mickey bars at AK now cost more than the $6.69 they were a few months ago?

I tend not to get Mickey bars, but those are rather good.

handdipped.jpg

MurphyJoe

A quick search found this: https://touringplans.com/blog/how-much-have-wdw-snack-prices-increased-in-10-years/

Mickey's Premium or Sandwich was $2.75 in 2009.
Mickey's Premium or Sandwich was $5.75 in 2019.

From 2014 to 2021 the Internet Archive has assorted dates for the cart menus at AllEars.
web.archive.org/web/20211025112828/https://allears.net/dining/menu/ice-cream-treat-carts/snacks

In May 2014, Mickey's Premium or Sandwich was $4.00.

Patcheslee

I think it is not a bang for your buck especially if one tries eat a Mickey Bar in the middle of August , 100 degrees on MK Main Street with the ice cream dripping and melting on you and onto the hot sidewalk.
Pop rock dipped Mickeybar might give a small fizz vs bang.

JoeCamel

A quick search found this: https://touringplans.com/blog/how-much-have-wdw-snack-prices-increased-in-10-years/

Mickey's Premium or Sandwich was $2.75 in 2009.
Mickey's Premium or Sandwich was $5.75 in 2019.

From 2014 to 2021 the Internet Archive has assorted dates for the cart menus at AllEars.
web.archive.org/web/20211025112828/https://allears.net/dining/menu/ice-cream-treat-carts/snacks

In May 2014, Mickey's Premium or Sandwich was $4.00.
So the NFL project is the trigger.....

Minnesota disney fan

We were at disney right before the pandenic in March of 2020. I remember paying 5 dollars each for Mickey bars. Believe me, I remember it exactly because I commented that I couldn't believe the price gouging!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We were at disney right before the pandenic in March of 2020. I remember paying 5 dollars each for Mickey bars. Believe me, I remember it exactly because I commented that I couldn't believe the price gouging!

Couldn't have been $5 in March 2020, as there is a picture in the link from 2019 of Mickey bars being $5.75. And I was there literally 4 days before the pandemic shut things down (Still have a bottle of Germ-X I bought in the WL gift shop while we waited for our bus :) ), they weren't $5/each. We went out of our way to order several rounds of Mickey bars on our cruise before we hit WDW because of the price in the parks. Either way, the price of food and beverages these days is bordering on ridiculous. We've done more cooking in our room over the past several years as a result. I see no end to that pattern, provided we go back anytime soon.

Cesar R M

Back in 2020.. I went to WDW mid pandemic where the shows are closed. And they had very interesting pricing mechanics. Which were later removed.
Example, the coke starwars robot thing, was around 5.25 USD in the Star Wars Land.
The price varied depending on the area, with the lowest in the food carts between the theatre and Sunset Boulevard at 4.10 or something. more than 1 USD of difference between areas.

When I went back in 2021. The prices were then homogenized and were flat in all parts of the park.

Minnesota disney fan

Couldn't have been $5 in March 2020, as there is a picture in the link from 2019 of Mickey bars being $5.75. And I was there literally 4 days before the pandemic shut things down (Still have a bottle of Germ-X I bought in the WL gift shop while we waited for our bus :) ), they weren't $5/each. We went out of our way to order several rounds of Mickey bars on our cruise before we hit WDW because of the price in the parks. Either way, the price of food and beverages these days is bordering on ridiculous. We've done more cooking in our room over the past several years as a result. I see no end to that pattern, provided we go back anytime soon.
LOL, if it was 5.75 I really did have a melt down! I knew it was about 5 dollars, so 5.75 is right. My memory isn't as good as it used to be, but I only know it was north of 5.00, which I thought was outrageous. I wouldn't buy one now just out of principle. But that point is moot, as we will not be going back to disney at all. We are one of those families who have decided to stop giving them money. If, and only IF, they get back to great customer service and actually caring about their guests, then we will return. I doubt if that happens under the current money grabbing regime. We are planning at least 2 trips this year around the country, definitely not WDW!

DisneyDebRob

Same here. As DVC members we are ordering more food delivery from Publix and Instacart for our 2 week stays. Along with cases of water and Diet Coke to take to the parks with us. Every time down we cook more in our room. Except for quick service meals we are saving a fortune. Still go to a few of our favorite places but they may be on the way out soon also.

Club Cooloholic

I hate the price hikes too, but I'd like to say...

I went to an NBA game last week, and the concessions there were higher than this. The week before that, we were in Vegas - and I've never seen so many overpriced restaurants. This is just what it costs when you go to a vacation spot or premium event. WDW is certainly premium...
I totally agree that sporting events are nuts, but until they start allowing tailgating at the WDW parking lots it's really apples and oranges.
That said many amusement parks are a rip but the prices on the Mickey bars are reaching ridiculous.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Same here. As DVC members we are ordering more food delivery from Publix and Instacart for our 2 week stays. Along with cases of water and Diet Coke to take to the parks with us. Every time down we cook more in our room. Except for quick service meals we are saving a fortune. Still go to a few of our favorite places but they may be on the way out soon also.
I find Publix's prices to be rather on the high side, and selection can sometimes be spotty. As much as many malign it, WalMart's selection and prices tend to be pretty decent.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just realize that Wally World cooks special deals with suppliers, who often have to ... modify ... their product to get the costs below Wally's demand.

Maybe for somethings, but their Diet Coke is still the same Diet Coke I can get elsewhere, plus Blue Bell is still Blue Bell. ;) Name brands whenever possible, store brands only when we know/it's proven to be the same quality.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe for somethings, but their Diet Coke is still the same Diet Coke I can get elsewhere, plus Blue Bell is still Blue Bell. ;) Name brands whenever possible, store brands only when we know/it's proven to be the same quality.
Would you consider Coleman camping products a "store brand"?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Would you consider Coleman camping products a "store brand"?
Nope. But also not something I'd buy while on vacation. :) But now you have me quite curious... Are you saying they have made "lesser" varieties of their products for Wally World than what you can buy elsewhere for a higher price?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Nope. But also not something I'd buy while on vacation. :) But now you have me quite curious... Are you saying they have made "lesser" varieties of their products for Wally World than what you can buy elsewhere for a higher price?
I'll just say that you shouldn't expect long wear out of camping gear you buy at W2.

After our tent experience, I don't trust the products in W2. About the only thing I'll buy there is greeting cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom