Disney has released free dining! First to cardholders!

Disneyfalcon

AEfx

I have had a ressie for free dining during this time for quite some time...did they open up a new set of rooms or something?

Upvote 0

AEfx

I thought about it, but we used a discount for the room when we booked. I'm thinking it might be cheaper then getting the free dining.:shrug:

I'd check it carefully.

Free dining is a BIG deal. Calculate how much you'd spend on food otherwise, and check that against the discount. We were in a similar situation before, and we came out way on top with Free Dining.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

i've been pondering this myself, whether this offer is really a savings or not. truly confused.
i just booked an AKL club level room the day before this offer came out.
with my annual pass i was counting on a 35-40% discount eventually- THAT'S the risk, will there be one??? and i have a TIW discount card that gives me 20% off on all food. between the two discounts is there still a big savings? also with the club level we can get a quick breakfast for free every morning, so that only leave lunch and dinner, and we'd still have to pay the appetizer and tip ourselves anyway. that certainly whittles down the savings!
since a package costs more than a straight room discount, is it worth paying more, and having less freedom to cancel if something happens.
any ideas?

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I have had a ressie for free dining during this time for quite some time...did they open up a new set of rooms or something?

They did offer free dining for that time frame once already. But the booking window closed a while ago, long before some people even knew if they were going. Lots of people were hoping they would offer it again around this time when they normally announce it.

I thought about it, but we used a discount for the room when we booked. I'm thinking it might be cheaper then getting the free dining.:shrug:

The room discounts are definitely better in some cases. If you're two people in a deluxe for example. If you're staying in a value or even moderate, free dining is almost always better. Since you've already got a discount though, it may be close enough that it's not worth changing. I'd run the numbers and check.:)

i've been pondering this myself, whether this offer is really a savings or not. truly confused.
i just booked an AKL club level room the day before this offer came out.
with my annual pass i was counting on a 35-40% discount eventually- THAT'S the risk, will there be one??? and i have a TIW discount card that gives me 20% off on all food. between the two discounts is there still a big savings? also with the club level we can get a quick breakfast for free every morning, so that only leave lunch and dinner, and we'd still have to pay the appetizer and tip ourselves anyway. that certainly whittles down the savings!
since a package costs more than a straight room discount, is it worth paying more, and having less freedom to cancel if something happens.
any ideas?

How many people are in your party? Kids and their ages? That will make a big difference.

You would have to buy tickets with the free dining package. You don't have to use them, you can save them for another trip, or use them to apply to the cost of your next annual passes.

The TIW savings is a good one. So IF an annual pass discount comes out, an depending on your party size, you may be better off with what you have. It just depends on those factors.

Upvote 0

The Andrews

Visa Dining

Hey does anyone know for sure if this visa deal will be offered to the general public, and then what are the odds they will offer this same deal the first week in December. Please advise! We come the first week in December every year and get the free dining, but the cutoff date for free dining this December was last December and since we were getting ready to go........we were broke and missed out.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Hey does anyone know for sure if this visa deal will be offered to the general public, and then what are the odds they will offer this same deal the first week in December. Please advise! We come the first week in December every year and get the free dining, but the cutoff date for free dining this December was last December and since we were getting ready to go........we were broke and missed out.

Yes, the free dining is set to be released to the general public. Nobody knows what the odds are for free dining the first week of December. That's just a wait & see thing. They didn't always do the free dining then. I think it's only been the past 2 or 3 years. Discounts have been a little different with different release dates and such this year. It's kinda done a little shake-up with us repeat visitors who got used to watching for discounts according to their historic offers and release dates. The mouse is keeping us on our toes! I understand about missing the booking window last December. It's tough to plunk money down for deposits on a trip that's so close or even after your current trip. I feel that. We've got a big land/sea package booked for this September that we've been working on. Then the new DCL itineraries for 2012 released. We thru a deposit down on one of those cruises even tho it won't take place until a year after our upcoming trip because we wanted to be sure to lock in the best price we could. It's crazy the things us Disney fans will do sometimes! :p

Upvote 0

BuzzGoofy

We are staying at All Stars Sport 9 to 17 September. Wee booked with table servic dining plan. It has been stated that the free dining for values is quik service. Is it possible to switch? and if we do, can we upgrade to the table service?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

We are staying at All Stars Sport 9 to 17 September. Wee booked with table servic dining plan. It has been stated that the free dining for values is quik service. Is it possible to switch? and if we do, can we upgrade to the table service?

As far as is it possible, absolutely based on availability at your resort for those dates. To get the Regular Dining plan you would just upgrade the offer and pay the difference between the Quick Service Dining plan and the Regular Plus Dining. Call as soon as possible for best availability!!! Marie

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

Thank-you ! I'll stick to the room only offer then !:wave:
What room only discount did you get?? We did that last year and paid for dining out of pocket, but i haven't seen any for September..I want to try and book tonight with the expectations of making changes before we leave,but I want to start making my dining reservations

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
What room only discount did you get?? We did that last year and paid for dining out of pocket, but i haven't seen any for September..I want to try and book tonight with the expectations of making changes before we leave,but I want to start making my dining reservations

There were some room discounts for those dates, but the booking window has ended. Hopefully Disney will release some more room discounts for that time, although it will probably be a while.:)

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

There were some room discounts for those dates, but the booking window has ended. Hopefully Disney will release some more room discounts for that time, although it will probably be a while.:)

Thank you..I am gonna go ahead and book tonite so that I can start booking dining since we are going September 11th...I am hoping they will release more room discounts as this tends to work better for us since we stay at AKL

Upvote 0

gksipps

Is it possible to just buy the dining pkg as a standalone? We are passholders, and go several times a year, but always end up paying cash for our dining. Just seems like dining planners get a better deal than those paying cash.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Is it possible to just buy the dining pkg as a standalone? We are passholders, and go several times a year, but always end up paying cash for our dining. Just seems like dining planners get a better deal than those paying cash.

Thanks!

You can add the dining plan to a room booked with an annual pass discount. You can not buy the dining plan if you aren't staying on property.

Is that what you meant?:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom