Disney has raised it's prices...

MousDad

[quote from article]"The difference between $74, $73, $75 -- there's not that much difference. Once you reach that level, you might as well go to $75," Speigel said. "But I think that puts their increases away at least for a couple of years."

I needed that refreshing chuckle this morning.

WDWFigment

[quote from article]"The difference between $74, $73, $75 -- there's not that much difference. Once you reach that level, you might as well go to $75," Speigel said. "But I think that puts their increases away at least for a couple of years."

I needed that refreshing chuckle this morning.

Idiot, they were obviously talking dog years. I think you should be thankful that they are holding off 7 D.Y. before increasing the price to $81 in August 2009! :p

hokielutz

Well this pretty much confirms the rumors from this week. I feel better about saving $50 on my tickets by purchasing this week.

For those who think Disney should give a warning about a date that price increases will go into effect, I think the rumor mill that started last week was a good enough warning.

I guess today is the last day to purchase cheaper tickets... so get out there and buy!

crassmonkey

So now that that's out of the way (not like anyone here wasn't expecting price increases)

Does anyone have any idea when they will begin accepting reservations for 2009? (September specifically) The website still only takes res. for 2008

I can see paying $75 for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. $75 for AK not just yet. $75 for Studios... HELL NO! I again dont agree with this decision to raise ticket prices. :hammer:

MousDad

This article just discusses 1 day passes and MYW passes, anyone heard about AP increases?

From Mousesavers.com:
First time Annual Pass purchase: $499.49 Adult (10+), $440.91 Child (3-9)

Renewal Annual Pass purchase: $456.89 Adult (10+), $403.64 Child (3-9)
Premium Annual Pass

First time Premium Annual Pass purchase: $637.94 Adult (10+), $562.32 Child (3-9)
Renewal Premium Annual Pass purchase: $584.69 Adult (10+), $515.46 Child (3-9)

culturenthrills

The price of a one day ticket has gone up $23 in 5 years. To put that in perspective it took the one day ticket 14 years to go up $23 before that. That is just insane. Only at WDW and only in the Orlando market is this going on. Yes, Disney will get away with it but they are really pushing it with the latest price increase. And now it is $50 extra to park hop. That to me is where they are really sticking it to people. Typical WDW management, raise prices and cutback on stuff.

beyondinfinity

Nevermind.......

:brick: :shrug: :hammer:

Ok, so I go to "checkout" and the ticket prices charged there are higher than what was on the 'selection' screen. Make sense to anyone??

rickarenu91

We took our kids to Disney for the 2nd time last summer, first being in 2005. I started saving after our last trip after we got back so we could go back in 2009, expecting that to be our last time to Disney, as our kids are getting to an age where they will be busy with jobs etc....unfortunately I think last summer will be our last trip....prices are so out of hand and that saddens me. We usually drive also....gas prices are what that are, but when adding it up, it's just too hard. I would think Disney makes enough with the volume of people.....but maybe if the volume of people decreases they'll "get it". Oh well.....just venting since I know that we won't be going back :(

slowbee

:brick: :shrug: :hammer:

Ok, so I go to "checkout" and the ticket prices charged there are higher than what was on the 'selection' screen. Make sense to anyone??

because tax isn't calculated on the 'selection screen'.

I just bought our annual passes (DVC Rate) for the old rates. Make sure you jump on it... The DVC AP rate went up 21 bucks a ticket... so we saved 84 bucks today (2A, 2C)...

yankspy

I can see paying $75 for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. $75 for AK not just yet. $75 for Studios... HELL NO! I again dont agree with this decision to raise ticket prices. :hammer:
I am wondering what the criteria would be for you to agree to a raise in ticket prices? As a consumer I never agree to any increase in ticket prices. (Hopefully everyone gets the gentle sarcasm in my statement). :D

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I am wondering what the criteria would be for you to agree to a raise in ticket prices? As a consumer I never agree to any increase in ticket prices. (Hopefully everyone gets the gentle sarcasm in my statement). :D

I think you raise ticket prices until profit isn't maximized any more. So, the only way for us to "lower" prices would be if a bunch of us quit going. Even so, you may have to let Disney know that ticket prices are the reason. Some are going to quit going due to the PI decision and some are not going due to the outside prices like gas.

I'm not at the point where I'll quit going, but I do think Disney would gain a lot of positive PR if they went a year or two without price bumps.

firemandisney

Business has been booming for Disney before 9-11 and started up again SHORTLY after.
When business is doing well prices ALWAYS go up. Thats just the way it is.
If folks expected anything but a price increase then they need an economics class.
Disney is an incredible value. I LOVE Vegas also but to go for 1-2 weeks you would be paying a whole heck of alot more that you'll pay at Disneyworld.
Instead of complaining (as i stated in another thread) I'll just save a bit better or work more to acheive my family vacations.
Honestly, It is costing us LESS this year (in 2 weeks!) than it did last time in 05. We got great room only rates and took advantage of good airfare.
Prices go up. I just choose to not let it affect us.
The best advise i ever got in life was this.." there are 2 kinds of folks, whiners and do'ers,
dont be a whiner". I really really try to keep that in mind no matter what im dealing with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom