Disney has built last park in Central Florida

NautOneFL said:
I also agree - but there are two concepts that could be here - Florida Adventure and Disney Sea. Where I can see these integrated into existing parks, I also know that there is precious little room left around MK, Epcot, and MGM. I am a big fan of putting in a central parking facility and building a new park on MK parking lot and/ or Epcot's parking lot similar to what was done at Disneyland. From a planning standpoint, this makes the most sense to me - concentrate the parks together and keep some open wooded areas to keep the differentials.

Just my $0.02

/Flame on!

No parks infront of other parks leave the parking spaces alone because they got space else where.Thats why the florida land is so big so that everythign coudl have its space. As for Disney Sea in Florida don't think so i think were gona see mulitple rides ffrom that park come into disney world but not the park.Florida adventure probaly won't happen either california adventure hasn't shown anythign outstanding so why would they risk it again.Infact we will not see a park this decade or the next because they know they got to work on the parks .I think they'l bring the 5th gate once the other 4 parks are at a point where there just replacing crappy rides and got good solid rides at the 4 parks (Magic Kingdom is that point basicly Epcot is close and Mgm is not so far behind epcot) .So to get to that point will be a good while.Remebr disney has room for like 2 more parks so we will see them someday.And besides the fact that wdw doesnt realy need a fifth gate right now.

speck76

Original Poster
One thing to consider is up until the late 90's, WDW was still in its growing phase........

WDW is now an "adult"......adults don't grow much (except their waistlines).....

The Orlando market is saturated with parks.....until these parks are "overflowing" on a regular basis (instead of the current 4 or 5 days each year) an additional park would not do great, or would hurt the other parks.

Perhaps the next park to be built will not be what we, in today's world, consider a theme park.....

You know I heard awhile back, not sure if this came from TWDC's mouth, but isn't Disney allegedly using the budget they had been saving for a 5th. park to upgrade the existing 4 parks at WDW? I know I read that somewhere dunno if its a rumor or not.

Shaman

speck76 said:
Perhaps the next park to be built will not be what we, in today's world, consider a theme park.....

Looking at the changes taking place in society as they relate to entertainment and technology, I suppose that would be the smartest route Disney can take...however, I wonder if a new form, breed of park or invention won't damage and/or kill the current parks or Disney's current "theme park" concept....Iger has said many times that the company has to address the growing competition (affected by technological advancements) in the entertainment sector...with all that land, I'm sure they have some sort of concept(s) in the works to put all that real estate to good use....but I think you're right...AK may very well have been the last "Walt style" theme park...

gli213

i didnt read this whole thing but i know disney just called for a substation to be built on there property which is call for a huge amount of power so what else could disney want with that much power

CaptainMichael

gli213 said:
i didnt read this whole thing but i know disney just called for a substation to be built on there property which is call for a huge amount of power so what else could disney want with that much power
Monorail Expansion....:lookaroun

kiawahman

Account Suspended
I wouldn't take this article tooo seriously. I don't think anything is really set in stone. The market conditions could change, but for now I am pleased.

goofyfan13

THECARISMINE said:
Geez, This thing is like the never ending and oldest Thread that I have ever seen still being posted in lol

sorry for stating the obvious

This is nothing, people like to dig up threads from 2001. Yea...that old.

goofyfan13

ILLmaticS0ldier said:
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :p :sohappy: :lol:

Yea, for future reference here....don't.

Since your new I'll let you know a little secret with these boards, you get flamed for not using the search, and get flamed for bumping. My suggestion is, if you don't have any new information or overwhelming contribution to the thread let it die in peace. :wave:

bjlc57

if you are not improving.....

The problem with the idea of not needing new "grass or New equipment" is that when you continue to take money OUT of a business, to the corporation, and don't continue to improve or expand, you detererate. If you are not going FORWARD you are going backward. EVEN if in SMALL steps.. Its like a hotel that is new, the money is flowing in. BUT if you don't keep upgrading it, the hotel will start to diminish.. to the point where you now don't have the income to refurbish the hotel..

Disney, understands that there are 6 theme parks in Orlando. However, instead of giving two days to SOMEONE ELSE, Disney would prefer you to give ALL YOUR MONEY TO THEM. Consequently THERE WILL BE A FIFTH GATE. It will come sooner then 10 years from now.. OR Disney will try to purchase Universial.. any thing to keep ALL THE MONEY.

However, Disney, needs to understand that they ARE PRICING THEMSELVES out of business. Yes this does act as a deterent to keep out the "vagrants and the camp followers, or drifters." But in a same respect, they are also pricing out lower middle class from further areas of this country who have done the Disney experience in the past. Disney is losing larger families just because of price. There has to be a balance and right now Disney is above it. and its costing them business. This is the second year in a row, where its just too much to return from the Upper Midwest.. and the way that Disney has priced themselves, it may be a few years more before we return. They must not need or want our money.. Especially with gas at 2.45 per gallon. and a 3000 plus mile trip. Last time we bought 3 day park hopper passes through ALAMO for $168. Now this ticket doesn't exist. Even Mousavers states that you can no longer do Disney for $1000. Minimum price is $1500. For some of you who don't have to pay the bills, its who cares.. But I do have to pay the bills, and its too much.. And in this article they even admit to doing so. How can you determine that you no longer NEED or want this portion of your business by outpricing yourselves and saying as much.. Its a dangerous precedent..

goofyfan13

bjlc57 said:
Disney, understands that there are 6 theme parks in Orlando. However, instead of giving two days to SOMEONE ELSE, Disney would prefer you to give ALL YOUR MONEY TO THEM. Consequently THERE WILL BE A FIFTH GATE. It will come sooner then 10 years from now.. OR Disney will try to purchase Universial.. any thing to keep ALL THE MONEY.

Yes, and no. The only way Disney will be able to take guests away from Universal entirely is by buying it. Which most likely will not happen, since they had the opportunity and basically expressed no interest a year or so back. Yes, by building another park Disney will pull some guests away from Universal, but it won't be a really significant number. Most of the people they pull away will be people staying on Disney property, and instead of taking a day at Universal, they'll try out the 5th park. People will continue to stay at Universal and locals will continue to go. Remember, not everyone likes Disney more than Universal, there are plenty out there who think Universal is far better than Disney. The only effect that building a 5th park will have on the Orlando theme park market is lowering attendance at all the current ones, as others have said. Tourisim is increasing, but it isn't at levels yet where at 5th park is feasible.

NoNoNoNoNo

but i already spend 2 1/2 days at mk, 2 at ep, 2 at mgm and 1/2 at ak and will already have to add an extra 1/2 day to ak w/everest.. there isn't enough vacation time for more parks.. i already have to squeeze in an extra day for water parks.

CaptainMichael

NoNoNoNoNo said:
but i already spend 2 1/2 days at mk, 2 at ep, 2 at mgm and 1/2 at ak and will already have to add an extra 1/2 day to ak w/everest.. there isn't enough vacation time for more parks.. i already have to squeeze in an extra day for water parks.
Exactly, I think we are fine with 4. Invest in what we already have and expand on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom