Disney has built last park in Central Florida

prberk

bjlc57 said:
However, Disney, needs to understand that they ARE PRICING THEMSELVES out of business. Yes this does act as a deterent to keep out the "vagrants and the camp followers, or drifters." But in a same respect, they are also pricing out lower middle class from further areas of this country who have done the Disney experience in the past. Disney is losing larger families just because of price. There has to be a balance and right now Disney is above it. and its costing them business. This is the second year in a row, where its just too much to return from the Upper Midwest.. and the way that Disney has priced themselves, it may be a few years more before we return. They must not need or want our money.. Especially with gas at 2.45 per gallon. and a 3000 plus mile trip. Last time we bought 3 day park hopper passes through ALAMO for $168. Now this ticket doesn't exist. Even Mousavers states that you can no longer do Disney for $1000. Minimum price is $1500. For some of you who don't have to pay the bills, its who cares.. But I do have to pay the bills, and its too much.. ..

I COMPLETELY AGREE with that.

It also should be easier to go back and forth to the resorts to spend money looking around and eating, without staying there. That should be easier, also.

Paul

Lynx04

thedisneyfan said:
I can see the American Park going in as the 5th park for WDW by 2020. A new park does draw bigger crowds to all of WDW and makes a big splash for promoting the whole thing. An American park will draw more Americans to WDW, seeing that they are the biggest population of guests to begin with. The foreign parks should be utilized more to draw them to WDW-the crown jewel in theme parks. I see the expansion of foreign parks as an advantage (if properly used) for WDW not a disadvantage.

I don't have a problem with expanding the existihng parks either to draw more crowds. I think that WDW needs a brand new resort, the Magic Kingdom could use some much needed expansion with attractions and restaurants to help with the ever increasing crowds. Animal Kingdom could still use some expansion such as a Southern and Northern American area. EPCOT could use two new countries and a new International Parade to spice up the park and World Showcase. India (missing out on a Billion people and a growing minority population in the US) and Spain would be great (to name two). The only problem that I will have is if they keep too narrow of a focus on only the four existing parks and let WDW lose its Crown Jewel status amongst their theme parks.

Seeing that how California Adventure was a big flop in California, I would think that an American Park would be just a big a flop. Majority of the guest that visit the Disneyland Park is from with in the state, so I think the same would hold true to have a park based on America.

wannab@dis

bjlc57 said:
However, Disney, needs to understand that they ARE PRICING THEMSELVES out of business. Yes this does act as a deterent to keep out the "vagrants and the camp followers, or drifters." But in a same respect, they are also pricing out lower middle class from further areas of this country who have done the Disney experience in the past. Disney is losing larger families just because of price. There has to be a balance and right now Disney is above it. and its costing them business. This is the second year in a row, where its just too much to return from the Upper Midwest.. and the way that Disney has priced themselves, it may be a few years more before we return. They must not need or want our money.. Especially with gas at 2.45 per gallon. and a 3000 plus mile trip. Last time we bought 3 day park hopper passes through ALAMO for $168. Now this ticket doesn't exist. Even Mousavers states that you can no longer do Disney for $1000. Minimum price is $1500. For some of you who don't have to pay the bills, its who cares.. But I do have to pay the bills, and its too much.. ..
prberk said:
I COMPLETELY AGREE with that.

Paul
With resort occupancy in the high 80% mark and the parks seeing good attendance, WHY should Disney lower their prices? They should only lower the price to entice people to come. The people are coming so their prices should remain the same or go up. Of course I want to go on a vacation for as little money as possible, but they have to make money to continue to offer the best experience possible.

They should price their product based on the demand. It's a simple economic decision. If they can get $1500 for a vacation and fill up the resorts & parks, why should they offer it at $1200? That doesn't make sense to me.

MAF

wannab@dis said:
They should price their product based on the demand. It's a simple economic decision. If they can get $1500 for a vacation and fill up the resorts & parks, why should they offer it at $1200? That doesn't make sense to me.
It amazes me how some people can't comprehend simple economic principles...

Ghostbuster626 said:
You know I heard awhile back, not sure if this came from TWDC's mouth, but isn't Disney allegedly using the budget they had been saving for a 5th. park to upgrade the existing 4 parks at WDW? I know I read that somewhere dunno if its a rumor or not.

Does anyone know more?

speck76

Original Poster
one thing you need to consider is that rumors get out......

I knew about Animal Kingdom in the early 90's.....most people did.....and it was not announced for 2 or more years later.

Disney considered building park #4 in Cape Canaveral for a add-on to the Disney Cruise line, before the ships were even under construction.

Even before DAK was considered, talk was "perhaps the market is tapped out"

DAK, and moreover IOA prove that point.

There are still too many theme parks in Orlando......how many other cities in the world have 7 theme parks? (8 if you include BGT, 9 if you include Cypress Gardens)

Future entertainment will become more diverse....because it has to......

no2apprentice

I think Disney is fine with what they have. Four theme parks, two water parks, and a shopping/eating/show complex. Oh, yeah, two miniature golf courses and big boys golf. Don't forget some of the activities available at the resorts (believe it or not, some people take a day or two to relax...I know it sounds strange, but I've seen it happen:lol: ).

A family arrives on Sunday. Typically stays the next five, maybe six days. If not less. I think they have plenty to do, plenty of places to spend money. Disney is far better off keeping interest in the existing parks with new attractions and decent refurbs. Look at how much attention E:E is drawing.

And I remember Mousesavers doing the story about doing Disney in under $1000. That didn't sound like any type of vacation I would want for my family.

jmicro59

no2apprentice said:
I think Disney is fine with what they have. Four theme parks, two water parks, and a shopping/eating/show complex. Oh, yeah, two miniature golf courses and big boys golf. Don't forget some of the activities available at the resorts (believe it or not, some people take a day or two to relax...I know it sounds strange, but I've seen it happen:lol: ).

A family arrives on Sunday. Typically stays the next five, maybe six days. If not less. I think they have plenty to do, plenty of places to spend money. Disney is far better off keeping interest in the existing parks with new attractions and decent refurbs. Look at how much attention E:E is drawing.

And I remember Mousesavers doing the story about doing Disney in under $1000. That didn't sound like any type of vacation I would want for my family.

I agree, 46.8 million people (2005 attendance for all 4 parks) can't be wrong. :lol:

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
With resort occupancy in the high 80% mark and the parks seeing good attendance, WHY should Disney lower their prices? They should only lower the price to entice people to come. The people are coming so their prices should remain the same or go up. Of course I want to go on a vacation for as little money as possible, but they have to make money to continue to offer the best experience possible.

I agree as well. I don't think they've priced themselves out yet. They might be slowly pricing themselves out of guests that might go for a day or two every few years because of the way the ticket prices are being structured. But that is not a huge concern to them right now by any stretch. And even with that, it's not like everything else isn't going up too. I think the Value resorts are one of the best ideas Disney has come up with. They are perfect for those that want to stay at Disney, want the Disney quality when it comes to the resort, and spend the majority of time at the parks. It's hard to go many places and get that kind of quality for that price, espcially if you are a AP holder.

If attendence goes down and the resort occupancy plummets, Disney won't stay put for long. They are thriving right now with their current prices and if those prices get out of hand, they'll either thrive at lower prices or they'll start shutting things down.

speck76

Original Poster
they will never price themselves out of the market.

the only need is to establish "base" from people that will not pay the full price.....

eventually, the base levels may need to go up....

the ideal situation is to get all visitors to pay the absolute most that they will pay.......50% may pay retail, 20% may pay wholesale, 20% may pay AAA, 10% may be AP.....but if each of those guests are paying the most that they would pay to visit the park.....the park is doing things right.

besides....lwoering the cost may not increase those that would pay full price.....but for those that would pay hte higher price, they are getting a cheaper ticket, and WDW is losing revenue.

Dragonrider1227

I'm not heartbroken that there won't be new parks in Orlando any time soon. I think four is plenty. Especially since all four of those parks could always use new stuff to make them better.
I'm not buisness man, but I've always felt they should focus on smaller admit prices and more stuff to buy inside the park. If they spend less to get in, then in theory, more people could come and spend more on crap that's IN the park.
NoNoNoNoNo said:
but i already spend 2 1/2 days at mk, 2 at ep, 2 at mgm and 1/2 at ak and will already have to add an extra 1/2 day to ak w/everest.. there isn't enough vacation time for more parks.. i already have to squeeze in an extra day for water parks.
no kidding. Last trip we were there for 4 days and we STILL havn't been to Downtown Disney or Animal Kingdom. Or do everything in EPCOT. IT'S JUST TOO MUCH!!

NoNoNoNoNo

I don't claim to know exactly what surrounds each of the parks, but i'm sure each could handle some kind of extended "wing" to add a total new depth to the park. anybody that has ever been to cedar point knows that guests arent afraid to walk to enjoy a park. the park is a huge straight line, not circular like a lot of parks... and as we have already seen with the rrc/tot/fantasmic section of mgm, expanding out the side can jumpstart a whole new part of the park. again, i don't claim to know about pre-existing logistics, but what if tomorrowland extended out beyond SM and the bathrooms that used to be the skyway entrance? it could open up a new land! Don't flame me for not researching existing buildings and swampland please, just saying it would be cool!

bjlc57

geeess.. I am sorry that my trip wasn't good enough for you....

Wow, a statement saying that my trip to WDW wasn't good enough for someone else.. what a statement.

Are you saying that because we cut costs and saved money, that our trip wasn't good? Wasn't excellent, because we didn't spend oooodles of money?

Do you actually Pay for your trips or does someone else?

We had an EXCELLENT TIME. We saw all the MAJOR RIDES AT ALL FOUR PARKS in three days.. the only ride that we didn't go on was test track at EPCOT. and we didn't do Canada, and this was before soaring..

What were we "supposed to do" to get MORE out of our Disney experience? Tell us all so that we know what exactly that we missed? We even had a night at Pleasure Island for this price..

So now tell us, how we screwed up by not giving Disney any more of our hard earnded money. Tell us how we didn't see something, when in fact we saw it all. Three nights Three different late night shows. .AK doesn't have a late night show.. Oh and by the way We DID MOST OF THE RIDES TWICE.. We did the rapids ride FIVE TIMES IN A ROW.. with no waiting.. Twice on the Safarii ride.. Mission SPace I got violently sick on, so we decided not to do test track.. Haunted Mansion four times.. You name it, that was big and WE DID IT. GMR twice, all the Mountains.. Tower, rockn roller coaster..

So because we didn't throw money away, we didn't meet your expectations. WHO are you to question anyones trip? We stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate east.. an excellent place to stay. .We had free breakfest..

We stayed at my friends house on the trip down to save money... Was this wrong in YOUR EYES.. should we have spent $300 for one nights stay when we instead stayed for free?

We brought our own drinks.. .wow.. we spent 40 cents on Poweraid for a 32 oz bottle in my town with the coupons.. Should we have spent $3 for 20 oz bottle instead? We went to the Chinese Buffet after the parks for supper.. should we have spent $50 per person or $50 on the four of us? Did this diminish our trip?

We brought our own film.. .Its $2.99 with the discount at our store for a four pack of fugi film.. 100 speed.. Should we instead have paid $5 for a single roll instead?

WHo ARE YOU TO QUESTION ANYONES TIME BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY SPENT? Sounds like someone WHO DOESN"T PAY THEIR OWN BILLS OR RUN THEIR OWN HOUSE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom