Disney has built last park in Central Florida

Michael72688

I think this is a good thing. The Market really doesnt need a new park and wont need one for a very long time. Disney sees this, now maybe in about 10 years they will look this over again and change their minds. But do you remember what happened when AK opened, yea some more people came but it did pull some others from the other 3 parks, that wasnt the plan.

as mpaul32001 did say that walt said "disney will never be complete..." Disney i think will eventually fill in all the space in their property, If it be expanding parks, downtown disney, a new Water Park etc. Once all the land at disney is filled I can bet that they wont say crap what do we do now and run around like chickens with their heads cut off. They will walk around with the imagineers and talk on what they need to get rid of and put better things in! Think people disney isnt dumb!

MickeyMan101

askmike1

Looking it up, Walt said that BOTH Disneyland and Epcot will never be completed.

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

"EPCOT will be an experimental prototype community of tomorrow that will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems. And EPCOT will always be a showcase to the world for the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise."

-Michael

speck76

Original Poster
askmike1 said:
Looking it up, Walt said that BOTH Disneyland and Epcot will never be completed.

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

"EPCOT will be an experimental prototype community of tomorrow that will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems. And EPCOT will always be a showcase to the world for the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise."

-Michael

and neither of them have been completed........completed would mean nothing ever is going to be added or changes again......they are both very realized, but not completed.

Pirate665

Anyone else want to remark upon the sponsers thing?? I mean, I see it now......

"WELCOME TO WALT DISNEY WORLD, A PESPI-COLA ENDORSED RESORT! ENJOY YOUR STAY!"

I relize they pretty much do this now, but think of how bad it could get....

askmike1

speck76 said:
and neither of them have been completed........completed would mean nothing ever is going to be added or changes again......they are both very realized, but not completed.
Exactly. As long as there are ideas and imaginations, these resorts will never be completed. I can just imagine these forums 100 years from now... "Epcot the Wand WILL be coming down soon" thread will have reached 203 pages, Grizz's grandchild will be talking about how Animal Kingdom's newest ride has the vents showing (sorry, couldn't resist), and we'll be talking about how Disney's 8th park will be it's "last."

-Michael

CRO-Magnum

It's a solid strategy...

that will do well over the next 10, possibly 20 years. They always reserve the right to change tack and build another park. I do think, however, another water park would be successful.

I wonder what the impact will be on Imagineering.

s2jrston

Don't Panic! I think this is great news. The article might as well have been the official announcement for a new Indy at MGM. This strategy means more maintenance dollars for existing attractions. New seats in Mickey's PhilharMagic, remove or repurpose the base foundations of the old Skyway, new theme for the people mover, new robot characters interacting with guests. I see alot of backburner projects getting the green light.

icon7.gif

djronnieb

Pirate665 said:
Anyone else want to remark upon the sponsers thing?? I mean, I see it now......

"WELCOME TO WALT DISNEY WORLD, A PESPI-COLA ENDORSED RESORT! ENJOY YOUR STAY!"

I relize they pretty much do this now, but think of how bad it could get....

Pepsi?!?!?! First all it sucks!! and second Coke is Disney's Drink...

djronnieb

How much room does Sea World have to expand??? I find it interesting they won't comment on any projects??? Some one please help..

Pirate665

djronnieb said:
Pepsi?!?!?! First all it sucks!! and second Coke is Disney's Drink...

Hey, it was an example. Plus, this is not a Pepsi vs Coke thing. It's about Disney. And I agree that a lot of projects might get the green light. Plus... we all know Dr. Pepper rocks the house.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
four parks are plenty right now, I've wondered how WDW is going to attract younger guests in when the last animated popular character they've created was Stitch. Disney has gone the way of Hillary Duff. they need to get back to the animation tables and start telling stories again. I've heard kids ask their parents 'who's cinderella'? when they stood in front of the castle. I agree to refine and focus on the 4 parks. they also need to look to the future and start giving kids new characters and reasons love Disney and want to visit the parks. an animatronic Lizzie McGuire isn't going to do it. for a lot of families, a trip to WDW is a once or twice in a lifetime event because of the enormous cost. closing the perimeter and getting back to the basics might entice some to scrimp and save for a third.

Pirate665

Ralph Wiggum said:
four parks are plenty right now, I've wondered how WDW is going to attract younger guests in when the last animated popular character they've created was Stitch. Disney has gone the way of Hillary Duff. they need to get back to the animation tables and start telling stories again. I've heard kids ask their parents 'who's cinderella'? when they stood in front of the castle. I agree to refine and focus on the 4 parks. they also need to look to the future and start giving kids new characters and reasons love Disney and want to visit the parks. an animatronic Lizzie McGuire isn't going to do it. for a lot of families, a trip to WDW is a once or twice in a lifetime event because of the enormous cost. closing the perimeter and getting back to the basics might entice some to scrimp and save for a third.

I whole-heartedly agree. Bring back our animation studio. Give kids stories. Not plots. And for the sake of things, don't bring politics into kids movies.

speck76

Original Poster
SeaWorld owns a significant amount of land between Sea Harbor and Westwood north and south of Central FL parkway, but not nearly enough to build a park on.

In the long term, I could see parking moved across Sea Harbor to the current overflow lots, and park expansion into the current parking area (which would grow the park significantly.....but that is VERY long tem.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
I though that property was being held onto by AB as investmant opportunity Speck. you're right, the logistics of the whole idea would be incredibly long-term, and need a big help from FDOT.

speck76

Original Poster
Ralph Wiggum said:
I though that property was being held onto by AB as investmant opportunity Speck. you're right, the logistics of the whole idea would be incredibly long-term, and need a big help from FDOT.

Some of the land that is already built on (by other companies) is still owned by AB with a lend-lease type agreement

djronnieb

does anyone have an over head satalite of sea world? and if so can you point out the areas of sea world, as I havent been to it since 1987

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom