Disney has built last park in Central Florida

speck76

Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
I thought it was you that stated oversea tourist was better then US tourist. As they spend much longer and more money when visiting?

they are better.....but they are still a very small portion of the pie.

also, if someone is going to spend 2 weeks someplace, it will not be in a location that has 1 or 2 parks and nothing else.

speck76

Original Poster
BeachClubVillas said:
What I found most interesting in the article, though, was Sea World's refusal to comment on their future plans. Another Sea World park? Seems unlikely, but you never know....

No, I can confirm this will not happen.

Computer Magic

CTXRover said:
WDW is coming off its largest investment in the parks at one point since the opening of AK in 1998. Over the past three years they will have added MS, Philharmagic, Wishes, SGE, Soarin', LMA, Expedition Everest, Crush n' Gusher and some other smaller things. We're probably set to go into another dry spell for a little. But they'll build new stuff again.
Very good point. I would say 18-24 months before anything new.

bracho

To be honest, I don't have any problem with them NOT building another theme park down in Florida as long as they keep improving what they have, keeping things fresh, maybe adding on to what they have...

With the price structures as they are today I can understand why some folks can't afford to make the trip. The deal they had all over the TV a few months ago with a family of 4 staying at a value resort for $1500.00, it sounds nice because the tickets are included, but with the cost of the trip down, food at the parks is not cheap by any means and lets not forget all they cool stuff every kid wants from the gift stores drives those prices up well past affordable for alot of folks.

I still have friends that can't understand why I would spend so much money to go to DisneyWorld when all they have is the same things they had last year and the year before that and the year before that. I know people that will not go to WDW because of the price alone.. what a shame, they have no idea what they're missing.

So as long as they keep the place beautiful, knock off all the cost cutting that starts to show on the buildings and landscaping, adds something new from time to time and updates what's there already... I'm happy with what's there.

LSUxStitch

I'm actually sad to hear this news, but is this a rumor or a definite article that WILL happen?

I do believe the other parks should be worked on, but I also wouldnt mind seeing another park using the unbelievable ideas of the Imagineers 10 years or so down the road especially considering the room they have.

Another thing that I believe is that with the building of the parks all over the world, there will definitely be a downsize of the international visitors to FL and CA.

Computer Magic

bracho said:
I still have friends that can't understand why I would spend so much money to go to DisneyWorld when all they have is the same things they had last year and the year before that and the year before that. I know people that will not go to WDW because of the price alone.. what a shame, they have no idea what they're missing.
I think all Disney fans hear this all the time from people that don't understand. Maybe Disney should focus on marketing to those folks (non believers of repeated trips). I know I find something new to do everytime while enjoying the things that don't change.

Lynx04

At Disney World, Weiss won't reveal what Disney has planned for its 47-square-mile compound. But he says the company's future success will rely, in part, on "nontraditional growth vehicles," such as new marketing strategies and programs to get people to stay longer, spend more and keep coming back.

The main way to keep guest coming back is by adding new and desirable attractions. So I guess Disney will have to be active in updating, adding and replacing attractions.

CTXRover

LSUxStitch said:
I'm actually sad to hear this news, but is this a rumor or a definite article that WILL happen?

It is currently the strategy, and I believe the right one. A fifth park is unnecessary at this point and could actually hurt the resort financially more than it would help. Are they ruling out the possibility of a 5th park say 10 years down the road? No. If the resort reaches a point where it believes it can no longer support the crowds that want to come down within its four parks, you can bet they'll be considering a 5th park. Never say never ;)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thanks Speck.

great read. muy interesante'. too bad they didnt say in the article that there wasnt a chance in a million years a "H.P." attraction was to enter the MK or any other of the parks....... you gotta love that thread and rumor mill.
thanks again

Captain Hank

I'm not particularly thrilled with this plan of action, but I'm okay with it. The themes of the current parks are broad enough that just about anything the Imagineers come up with could be comfortably accomidated without a new park. Also, there's definately enough room within the existing parks to expand.

BRER STITCH

With all that cheap land in India, who can be bothered with building new parks in Florida???

"Sanjay to the entrance with a mop!"

:lookaroun

FutureCEO

Computer Magic said:
I thought I heard Disney Orlando receives alot of their revenue from oversee tourist. If there is a park nearby with the same attractions, why travel to Orlando?

Disney can grow the parks without adding a whole new park. I would like to see attractions like Disney Seas, but that could be added to AK.

Disney Orlando!!!!!!!!!!???????? Its WALT DISNEY WORLD. haha sorry pet peeve.

I hate Wall Street because they are in it for the money and so they curb creativity and happiness.

I would like a sea world type section added to animal kingdom. the whole park has a potential for greatness but Disney obviously did not go all out.

And finally, do not flame me, Disney is an American institution, they should focus on America first.

Lynx04

FutureCEO said:
And finally, do not flame me, Disney is an American institution, they should focus on America first.

They've been focusing on Disney's American parks for 50 years now. Building parks in Asia is a no brainer, with Asia (China particuliarly) rising as a economic power house.

I do agree that AK has excellent potiental to become a "Great Park"

cherrynegra

Well, I know this may seem like heresy, but I really don't think WDW needs another park. Four is quite fine. And I second the opinions of others who think Disney should focus on expanding the current parks and updating attractions to those parks.

I know others have voiced their disagreement with the opinion of the writer, but folks, I hate to break it to you, but Disney, unfortunately, thrives on cold hard cash, and not the love and enthusiasm of fans. If it were the latter, and I wish it were so, we'd have all the attractions our hearts could possibly desire and the parks would be run the way we all went them to. But all things considered, is it not better to have an imperfect WDW than no WDW at all?

erasure fan1

At this point we don’t need another Florida park. You first need to make the 4 that are there the pest they can possibly be. Adding better attractions to existing parks is the way to go. Will they ever add a 5<SUP>th</SUP> park? Of course they will, would that be anytime soon, I don’t think so. Never say never, the direction of a company can go 360 deg. over night.

dave2822

let's remember here this is a strategy. obviously Disney does not feel the need for a new park in a some-what long term future, and I don't believe most of us truly expected a fifth park anytime soon.
I mean, they have so many possibilities to add, replace, and renovate in the other parks, particularly AK, which is still relatively new. keep renovating old attractions and adding to AK for now though.
however they can always rethink the strategy if the crowd is calling for it

dxwwf3

A new park is definatley not needed anytime soon. Hopefully they will continue with IASW-style refurbishments across the parks and let us appreciate what we currently have for many years to come.

Thanks for the article speck.

askmike1

Someone explain this to me. Whenever there is a rumor thread that Disney is making a 5th gate, everyone complains. Now we have an article that says in the seeable future, there will be no 5th gate and the money will be going into the existing parks...yet most people still complain. Can anyone be pleased?

speck76 said:
Didn't he say that about DisneyLAND?
In his Florida Project video he said that about WDW in not so many words. "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Here in Florida we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland: the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we could possibly imagine."

-Michael
[/size][/font]

speck76

Original Poster
askmike1 said:
Someone explain this to me. Whenever there is a rumor thread that Disney is making a 5th gate, everyone complains. Now we have an article that says in the seeable future, there will be no 5th gate and the money will be going into the existing parks...yet most people still complain. Can anyone be pleased?

In his Florida Project video he said that about WDW in not so many words. "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-1]Here in Florida we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland: the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we could possibly imagine."

-Michael
[/size][/font]

Unless one were to create their own conclusion of what Walt meant by that comment, it does not say "It will never be completed".

And people just like to complain about anything and everything they can complain about........

On a cloudy day, people complain that there is no sun out

On a clear day, they complain the sun is too hot

Thrawn

Account Suspended
This isn't actually fact of any kind. Its just like saying "The NHL may have played its last season. There are no current plans for another." Which is completely true. However, it shows zero proof of anything, and can change at any time. This doesn't make anything different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom