Disney Grad Nites at Typhoon Lagoon in 2017

Castle Cake Apologist

I find the GayDays crowd to be waaaaaaaay better behaved than Night of Joy or Grad Nights.

It's not even a contest! Only somebody who has never witnessed both could even try to make that kind of comparison.

I just hope this doesn't end with something more serious than smoking a joint in the Swiss Family Treehouse. If they manage to sneak it in, (and they will, these are teenagers) alcohol, high schoolers, and bodies of water rarely mix very well.

Last edited:

TP2000

They have grad night every year at DL, do they have major problems with behavior?

Grad Nites have already started at Disneyland, and there was one just tonight. Aside from the death back in 1968 when a Grad who didn't have a ticket tried to sneak in by climbing along the monorail beam into the park and was met by an oncoming monorail, they have been rather uneventful.

And if things can be uneventful and under the radar in this Internet age, then it's easy to imagine that Grad Nites are still under control at Disneyland in the 2010's.

Isn't it interesting how WDW ditched Grad Nites years ago, but Disneyland Resort still does them? This year they have nineteen (19!) different Grad Nites from Mid May to Mid June in Anaheim.

evilzorac

IMO this is another short sighted money grab idea brought to you by your friendly Disney senior management. To take an event that was rife with behavioral/safety issues before and add water plus dark hidden hideaways? I know two teen girls who are going to be disappointed they can't go with their class mates, mine.

Katie G

I think the concern here is being blown out of proportion... these will be small events. The capacity in the water parks is significantly below the theme parks. If they can handle the crowds in peak summer, they can handle the grad nite kids for a couple hours on Friday nights.

Horizons1

I think the concern here is being blown out of proportion... these will be small events. The capacity in the water parks is significantly below the theme parks. If they can handle the crowds in peak summer, they can handle the grad nite kids for a couple hours on Friday nights.
The concern isn't about capacity. It's about having a party for barely dressed teenagers.

Next Big Thing

Right? Teens drink, smoke, and duck??! GOD, SOMEONE PLEASE ALERT THE ELDERS :hilarious: Hide the sinful behaviors because I'm so prim and proper :eek::eek: I just personally don't see a problem with any of this. Its 2016, get the hell over it.
Yes, but the whole reason Disney cancelled Grad Nites years ago was to stop the pot smoking and sexual scenes in the park. By taking off their clothes, you only make that problem worse.

DisneyFans4Life

Oh my...this is going to be a disaster! DJ party with the way kids dance these days...in skimpy swim suits...definitely going to be bad. Imagine all the personal protection items floating around...gross. Disney better triple their CMs for this night or add extra lighting lol.

Katie G

my grad nite party was at WonderWorks on I-Drive... plenty of dark spaces and nothing really went bad... and I did not go to a quality prim and proper school. Most kids want to have fun, and a couple ruin it for the rest. Let the kids celebrate their success.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You know they aren't going to come in in their bathing suits right? Nor will everyone swim. Pot is easy to sneak in and is a big problem for Disney historically at Grad Nite (although I admit it's harder to find a spot to do it in a water park).

I think it is going to be okay....

Next Big Thing

I think it is going to be okay....
I think it will be every bit the disaster for operations it was before they stopped the event. If so, that means the kids had a good time so I don't truly care as someone who formerly attended. Just pointing out how this is an obvious bad idea as a former cast member.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom