Disney Grad Nites at Typhoon Lagoon in 2017

YodaMan

Original Poster
"We’re always looking for ways to help Guests celebrate their special milestones, and we know our Guests like to celebrate their high school graduation at Walt Disney World Resort. With this in mind, we are reimagining a rite-of-passage event and introducing a new way for high school seniors to celebrate their achievements with friends and classmates.

Beginning with the class of 2017, Disney Grad Nite H2O will debut at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park on select Friday nights in April. Themed as a beach party, this special ticketed event will feature Disney characters, food and beverage, music, DJ entertainment and dance parties, along with the water park’s fun attractions.

We are reaching out to Florida high schools and select travel planners before summer break to make sure they are aware of this new springtime event. Interested schools may register at Disneygradnite.com to reserve space, and then seniors may purchase tickets through their high schools."

Next Big Thing

Right. They can't behave in a theme park, where they're mostly dressed. Water park....night time....nearly no clothes. Recipe for disaster.
Interesting thought... this could also be an attempt to do away with those trying to sneak in weed. Sure they'd come to the event clothed and will go through a security check as prior (I went in 2011, security was a joke). However, if you plan on lighting up at Typhoon, you better plan on being sent home awful fast. There won't really be a place to hide.

Castle Cake Apologist

Yeah, it's stating if the water park can handle one event, it can surely handle another of the same fashion. Get off your high horse.

That's not at all what was meant and you know it. The whole thread has been about how promiscuous, poorly behaved, and wild the teens are, so much so that this very event was cancelled starting five years ago.

Having worked both gay days and Grad Night / Night of Joy, I assure you that the gay community has nothing on a group of unsupervised teenagers. They're generally a pretty well behaved group of adults who just want to enjoy the parks like anybody else while connecting with other members of their community. The teens see it as an excuse to shut down rides, get high, and have sex in any place they can find.

Castle Cake Apologist

Have you ever gone to Gay Days at Typhoon? I have. I'm not saying it's wrong - I'm saying its a pretty wild event and it can continue yearly. Please don't make it political.

I'm not making it political, but the comment seemed to have pretty negative connotations. I've worked many Gay Days and have never seen it get "wild." Grad Nights, on the other hand... People have literally died at Grad Nights in Disneyland and it's a wonder it's never happened at WDW.

(Let's not even get into Night of Joy.)

Next Big Thing

Ok so I actually decided to search "Disney Grad Nite H2O". I found nothing but DL Grad Nite stuff and this thread. Then I clicked on the link in the OP... doesn't work.

Is this an internal thing that people can see on the hub and is just not released yet?

BuddyThomas

The accusations here are pretty rediculous.

Kids will have pool parties, disney should be better/safer than about anywhere else.
Emmmmm.....safer to whom? The year I went to Grad Night at the Magic Kingdom, a group of jerk graduates got kicked out of the park for picking Mickey Mouse up and throwing him in the moat of Cinderella's Castle. I think it was even in the newspaper. I think all people are saying here is that it seems a little crazy to put thousands of over-hyper-excited that they just graduated kids in a water park, in the dark, with many of them having probably imbibed in some graduating libations beforehand. Hey, I'm as liberal as they come and I'm the first one to advocate for having a cocktail, etc, but these are kids who are not even fully cooked yet, and setting them loose in a water park on Grad Night seriously seems insane. I remember on my Grad Night, half the bus was getting bombed all the way to Orlando from Miami.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom