News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNCgolf

There's actually an argument that they will still be better off even if there is a strong backlash against no free FastPasses. Then they can just pivot and say, "We've heard you loud and clear, and we're making this change in response to your feedback!" and offer one free one (with restrictions to ensure all the popular rides aren't booked as I mentioned above). They'll look like the good guys to the general public for listening and responding to their guests.

TYOTimer

There's actually an argument that they will still be better off even if there is a strong backlash against no free FastPasses. Then they can just pivot and say, "We've heard you loud and clear, and we're making this change in response to your feedback!" and offer one free one. They'll look like the good guys to the general public for listening and responding to their guests.
But that doesn’t yield for the shareholders

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I tried to warn you all this was coming after Disneyland's announcement of Magic Key. But you laughed at me and thought WDW was not going to change its way of doing things.

1628821785702.png

arich35

By the end of the month, with it going live by October 1st
I have a hard time believing that. I would think they would want to give people a little more time before then and not have it started right when they expect to be busiest with the 50th. But I hope you are right

Lil Copter Cap

There's absolutely no reason to give any away for free.

If hotel bookings drop, they can always make changes later on to add a free FastPass for resort guests or some other similar program. It's unnecessary at the start, though, and from a business standpoint why in the world would they give anything away for free if they don't believe it will cause any attendance/booking issues?

ETA: That doesn't mean they definitely won't -- they could make a determination that giving away one or two to resort guests will do essentially nothing to overall profitability while heading off any serious complaints. I think it's more likely they will all be paid, though.
I wasn’t saying that there is a reason for them to stick around as free. The only reason I would ever claim would be precedent—but that doesn’t matter in 2021 for any company.

Casper Gutman

I just... They are working so hard to destroy anything escapist about the parks.

Money and schedules. I go on vacation not to think about money and schedules. Disney is bound and determined to make money and schedules overwhelm everything else.

You know, Universal is actually building another park. Just thought it worth reiterating that point.

DisneyDreamer08

You kinda already have been, no?

(sorry…I totally bumped that)
Me personally, no but yes you are right, Disney does require a lot (too much) phone use in their parks. I haven’t been since January 2020 so that was before mobile order was required. I’ve never used mobile order. Actually, we did for our QS lunch at BoG but when we got to the front of the line, they couldn’t find our order so we had to re-order anyway. I do take a TON of pictures and I do check wait times. And of course I used my phone to get more FPs after the initial 3. This was already way too much phone use for me and it sounds like Genie will require even more. Like you need to input your must do’s for the day and you will constantly be getting alerts with wait time updates and/or updates with how much a ready to use lightning pass is. It’s just not for me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Jeff4272

There was nothing said in that article that definitively means resort guests have to pay to skip lines on every ride. Still not going to rule out that guests will be able to do so at no charge even if it's less then 3. We will see when it goes live or more is shared. This is nothing we all have not already known or speculated for a while.
Denial isnt a river in Egypt

Jeff4272

I tried to warn you all this was coming after Disneyland's announcement of Magic Key. But you laughed at me and thought WDW was not going to change its way of doing things.

View attachment 579426
Nobody laughed, everyone knew this was coming (maybe one off clueless people didnt)

this has been telegraphed for years (not days or months)

Only question was if resort people would get some benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom