News Disney Genie digital assistant app coming to Walt Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Waiting to see the fall out of announcements not including any free FastPasses.

I don’t want it that way. But today’s information really makes me feel like it’s all gonna be $$$ or nothing.
There is no reason to believe that any “customer diplomacy” will be involved.

just say “experience” over and over Again and get visa on standby alert

MurphyJoe

Whatever. Just tell me how to game the system.

I'm sure Touring Plans and their love of statistical analysis and crowd behavior will figure something out. Probably will involve buying a FP+ replacement or two (plus a subscription to their website) to save 90% of the time saved if one bought FP+'s replacement for every attraction.

UNCgolf

Waiting to see the fall out of announcements not including any free FastPasses.

I don’t want it that way. But today’s information really makes me feel like it’s all gonna be $$$ or nothing.

There's absolutely no reason to give any away for free.

If hotel bookings drop, they can always make changes later on to add a free FastPass for resort guests or some other similar program. It's unnecessary at the start, though, and from a business standpoint why in the world would they give anything away for free if they don't believe it will cause any attendance/booking issues?

ETA: That doesn't mean they definitely won't -- they could make a determination that giving away one or two to resort guests will do essentially nothing to overall profitability while heading off any serious complaints. I think it's more likely they will all be paid, though.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There's absolutely no reason to give away any for free.

If hotel bookings drop, they can always make changes later on to add a free FastPass for resort guests. It's unnecessary at the start, though, and from a business standpoint why in the world would they give anything away for free if they don't believe it will cause any attendance/booking issues?
…and bingo was his name-O! 🎼

cmwade77

There's absolutely no reason to give away any for free.

If hotel bookings drop, they can always make changes later on to add a free FastPass for resort guests or some other similar program. It's unnecessary at the start, though, and from a business standpoint why in the world would they give anything away for free if they don't believe it will cause any attendance/booking issues?

ETA: That doesn't mean they definitely won't -- they could make a determination that giving away one or two to resort guests will do essentially nothing to overall profitability while heading off any serious complaints. I think it's more likely they will all be paid, though.
He did say multi-tiered, so I think you will see things something along the lines of the following tiers with the least to best:

1. Day/Multi-Day Guest
  2. DVC/Annual Pass Holders
  3. Resort Guests
  4. Resort Guests with DVC/Annual Passes
Within each of those tiers, I would suspect there would be additional tiers, as follows:
  1. Free
  2. Silver - $
  3. Gold - $$
  4. Platinum - $$$
Obviously again, best to worst on the benefits. This is just a guess, an educated guess, but a guess none the less.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You all have too much faith in Disney’s ability to launch a well designed mass scale IT software package relying on a mix of upselling and queueing theory. It’s going to have gaping issues that can be exploited.
Granted…but I don’t think there will be ways to game around this one. This is looking like a MASSIVE real terms price increase…

…as always…hope i am SOOO wrong
Especially one with a total estimated hourly ride capacity of less than 40,000.
…oh THAT detail…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He did say multi-tiered, so I think you will see things something along the lines of the following tiers with the least to best:

1. Day/Multi-Day Guest
  2. DVC/Annual Pass Holders
  3. Resort Guests
  4. Resort Guests with DVC/Annual Passes
Within each of those tiers, I would suspect there would be additional tiers, as follows:
  1. Free
  2. Silver - $
  3. Gold - $$
  4. Platinum - $$$
Obviously again, best to worst on the benefits. This is just a guess, an educated guess, but a guess none the less.
You understand that half of #2 are #4…

which is why they can’t do it. DVC will not be rewarded…as it stands - there’s no reason/angle

G00fyDad

Every Disney fan forum right now...

End Of The World Mind Blown GIF by Daybreak

Waters Back Side

There's absolutely no reason to give any away for free.

You started by saying there is absolutely no reason why they would offer 1 or 2 for free...and then ended giving a reason.

UNCgolf

You started by saying there is absolutely no reason why they would offer 1 or 2 for free...and then ended giving a reason.

I can see why you'd read it that way -- I wasn't really clear -- but that's not what I meant. I meant that they have absolutely no need to offer a free one. They might choose to, but there's really no good reason to from a business standpoint because any backlash can be fixed in an instant with a small policy change.

The other issue is that they can't just offer any free FastPass to all resort guests. If they did, the majority of FastPasses for major attractions would be booked and they'd get very little (if any) extra revenue. They don't want to give a bunch of people free FastPasses to something like Flight of Passage; they need the busiest rides to have plenty available for sale.

That's another reason I don't expect to see a bunch of free ones offered. It would have to be some sort of tiered system where most resort guests just weren't able to use their free FastPass on one of the major, busy attractions.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There is no viable reason to do that as it stands
I can see why you'd read it that way -- I wasn't really clear -- but that's not what I meant. I meant that they have absolutely no need to offer a free one. They might choose to, but there's really no good reason to from a business standpoint because any backlash can be fixed in an instant with a small policy change.

The other issue is that they can't just offer any free FastPass to all resort guests. If they did, the majority of FastPasses for major attractions would be booked and they'd get very little (if any) extra revenue. They don't want to give a bunch of people free FastPasses to something like Flight of Passage; they need the busiest rides to have plenty available for sale.

That's another reason I don't expect to see a bunch of free ones offered. It would have to be some sort of tiered system where most guests just weren't able to use their free FastPass on one of the major, busy attractions.
This. 101%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom