Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This seems like it will work great for people who go in the morning and can then use additional selections the rest of the day, but that's not how I go. I liked stacking Genie+ and going later in the day and evening. I would not have minded fewer selections if still free but charging and fewer opportunities? I don't like it.
I think you can select your times though... so when you enter the park you could have 3 + ILLs if you'd like

JD80

This seems like it will work great for people who go in the morning and can then use additional selections the rest of the day, but that's not how I go. I liked stacking Genie+ and going later in the day and evening. I would not have minded fewer selections if still free but charging and fewer opportunities? I don't like it.

You can prebook 3 at any time of your choosing assuming availability. So that's a pre-stack of 3. If you were to do it currently, with park open at 9AM, those bookings would be at 7AM, 11AM and 1PM. If you're not in the park by 3PM where your 4th booking would happen, you are technically losing out compared to today just on quantity.

However, with this version, assuming times work out for you, you can prebook 7 days out for each day, and not have to worry about waking up at 7AM and managing booking windows every 2 hours after.

It's an upgrade for everyone honestly.

Dranth

This. We didn't always ride a bunch of rides but we had the ones we wanted because I could stack and move times to fit how we were feeling each day. Good days we could roll in early and go nuts, rough days we could wait until late afternoon and still get a few good rides in. I really liked the overall flexibility.

This is a massive downgrade if that has been removed.

aladdin2007

what a racket...so what if you plan/buy all of this a couple days in advance or whenever but then need to change plans and cancel if you know you cant make it the day before or day of etc?

JD80

You can see what is available for your three picks … and then show up to find that the service is basically unusable beyond that, which is what could easily happen with FastPass+ in ye olden days, except that it wasn’t worth stressing about because it was free.

I mean you can be angry at it I guess, but this is a major improvement from what we have currently. Outside the cost, this is a massive improvement over FP+ from a functional level. FP+ always had the risk of being unusable after 3 anyway.

sWANNISAX

So if you select three for each day before you pay? How is the server going to be able to handle people holding times and then backing out? They can barely handle anything tech wise. This hold times with pre select then pay seems like a lot of computing power.

James Alucobond

I mean you can be angry at it I guess, but this is a major improvement from what we have currently. Outside the cost, this is a massive improvement over FP+ from a functional level. FP+ always had the risk of being unusable after 3 anyway.
I’m not angry as I never bought Genie+ anyway and managed without it. I’m just expressing that I don’t think it’ll be the improvement people imagined (and inexplicably begged for because they didn’t want to be roused at 7am or whatever).

Mr. Sullivan

I’m gonna get stoned to death for this but I hope this comes with a significant price increase.

The core issue with FastPass+ and Genie+ was too many people using it thus making its whole purpose rather pointless. Having been to multiple parks with a $80+ skip the line option, its evident that this all works better when less people are using it. A skip the line option should be a premium option, not something that every single person in the park can access for $25.

Universal’s version is far and away the best version. Priced appropriately with an experience that matches its $100+ price. My Universal Orlando trip was incredible with the Express.

The pricier it is, the less people in the park will be using it, making the LL line actually a true worthwhile skip the line.

But Disney will never do that. They want as many people as possible using the service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom