Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
You can prebook 3 at any time of your choosing assuming availability. So that's a pre-stack of 3. If you were to do it currently, with park open at 9AM, those bookings would be at 7AM, 11AM and 1PM. If you're not in the park by 3PM where your 4th booking would happen, you are technically losing out compared to today just on quantity.

However, with this version, assuming times work out for you, you can prebook 7 days out for each day, and not have to worry about waking up at 7AM and managing booking windows every 2 hours after.

It's an upgrade for everyone honestly.

I hear you but I'd rather get up at 7 and have more control than have fewer opportunities going into parks later. There's no great system that works for everyone. This will work better for some and worse for others, just like every system before.

aladdin2007

I'll get flamed for this but I'm glad they are doing this. It prevents the veteran visitors from taking over every boarding slot on popular attractions totally blocking others out from actually experiencing things by learning how to ride it multiple times a day. Since every attraction has finite capacity, limiting everyone to one ride per day gives far more people a chance to experience the popular attractions.
It shouldnt have to be that way and thats not right either,,,if you paid a ticket to get in you should have the right to ride something as much as you want, all Disney is doing is taking away freedom of the guest so they can be in control of every movement, enoying something there anymore is becoming near impossible, they are zapping the fun out of everything, but everyone keeps buying into this mess.

Splash4eva

You never paid extra for the first…and “may” on genie?
Agreed FP was free but lets fave reality Disney is far from free and its not like they are the only company to upcharge and raise prices on their customers…. I just came back Genie+ literally worked great again. I hate to admit that but those are pure facts. I can send you every ride i was able to get during the 5 days in the parks. Im spending a ton already so if it means spendinG more to make my trip better … people will complain (not you per say) about adding Genie yet will have no probably spending a ton extra on hotel rooms when Value & Moderate exist…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only “good” system would be to go to an express system like universal that’s prohibitively expensive and capped at a low threshold. Which is p much stand by for 90%+ of people, which would irritate a lot but I’d rather do that at this point than this constant charade
You’re right…but it wouldn’t play with the customer

He’s right…but it would never work

DomVF07

This is a fantastic change for power users.

You can book #1, #2, #3 at 7 days out. Pick all early return times if possible.

Then you essentially have three tracks of use/rebook. Assuming you can tinker with return times and refreshing.

Book SDD, ToT, Star Tours as early as possible (assuming you get there at park open). Rope drop something. Get into any attraction ASAP and attempt to book another Tier 1 attraction if available.
Alas…. The great “fiddle faddle” will return….

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom