Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JD80

I still think anyone believing this will actually be better than Genie+ is horribly mistaken. This was only acceptable when it was a free service. Pre-booking potentially wiping out the value of a day-of or non-resort purchase of the service is going to be a train wreck.

No it won't for two reasons. This is a resort guest perk, so that's big as @PREMiERdrum mentioned. The second is that when you go to purchase this, you see what is available before you purchase. So day of guests can see what they are spending cash on before they buy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still think anyone believing this will actually be better than Genie+ is horribly mistaken. This was only acceptable when it was a free service. Pre-booking potentially wiping out the value of a day-of or non-resort purchase of the service is going to be a train wreck.
…thank you…I’m sure the euphoria will dissipate for some soon.

Reminder: the parks are underequipped and terribly run with incessant price increases.

To suggest any “app magic wand” can change any of that is gonna be met with failure.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
This seems like it will work great for people who go in the morning and can then use additional selections the rest of the day, but that's not how I go. I liked stacking Genie+ and going later in the day and evening. I would not have minded fewer selections if still free but charging and fewer opportunities? I don't like it.

LSLS

Man they are playing a fun game. So you have to purchase this before you see what's available? So if staying off site, I could blow $100 and get Soarin instead of waiting 15 minutes, Spaceship Earth, and the Short Film Fest and then I'm done? I have a feeling this is not going to fix complaints.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Just an observation:

Since now you can conceivably book for up to 14 days of MPLL or SPLL in advance at one time, the true cost of this may be a major turn off for some.

A family of 4 booking for 7 days at $30 per person, plus throw in some SPLL reservations and you're already over $1000 that you have to pay for immediately.

No thank you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pre-booking will help the planners and I am understanding you can always carry a balance of three (i.e., get a new one as soon as you use one without a time restriction)?

I wonder if the bots will still be a problem with the single, day of pass.
I’m sure the mothballed third party fastpass selling sites all just got their servers fired back up and are open for business again

CaptainAmerica

1719342557159.png

James Alucobond

No it won't for two reasons. This is a resort guest perk, so that's big as @PREMiERdrum mentioned. The second is that when you go to purchase this, you see what is available before you purchase. So day of guests can see what they are spending cash on before they buy.
You can see what is available for your three picks … and then show up to find that the service is basically unusable beyond that, which is what could easily happen with FastPass+ in ye olden days, except that it wasn’t worth stressing about because it was free.

SarahWI

Any information on how annual pass holders staying on site will be treated? Our APs are coming up for renewal but if we aren’t given a 7 day advantage when we stay on site, we might go with date based tickets.

Splash4eva

People complain about $20-$35 per person each day, you think $120-$320 per person will fly at Disney? If you mean just including it with Deluxe, they have too many. Uni just has the three and hasn't added a deluxe that includes EP for over 20 years at this point. They might add one with the new park but even that is up in the air last I looked.

It isn't a great system, and just got worse today in my mind, but Disney decided to offer a lesser skip the line system so more people would have a chance to use it and it is priced more in line with that reality.
Have they announced what this will cost?

the_rich

Man they are playing a fun game. So you have to purchase this before you see what's available? So if staying off site, I could blow $100 and get Soarin instead of waiting 15 minutes, Spaceship Earth, and the Short Film Fest and then I'm done? I have a feeling this is not going to fix complaints.
No, it shows what's available before purchasing

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

I'm confident Disney will take your money same day as visit, assuming availability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom