Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

el_super

It is deceptively confusing and making something that is already complicated and a driver of guest dissatisfaction and making it worse.

People wanted this. They begged Disney for it.

So it's nothing more than Fastpass+, which you now have the privilege of paying for. :rolleyes:

My biggest issue with FP+ was having to wake up early, have everything planned out and hope you got the selections you wanted.. months before your trip.

If charging for LL service increases the ease in getting the best selections ahead of time, this makes it worth it.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Basically the same thing as fastpass + The only differences are:
1. You have to pay for this
2. Its 7 days for resort guests instead 60 and 3 instead of 30
3. And the most popular rides are behind an extra pay wall.
Disney really is adding so much value! (Not). I personally liked fastpass + because I could do it in advanced. This is better than now but that's not a very high bar. I'm not sure if I like 7 days in advanced more or less than 60 but I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that.

DCLcruiser

I'm still shocked at the absolute stupidity calling these Single Pass and Multi Pass after ridiculously naming them Lighting Lane and Individual Lighting Lanes before. This was their chance to fix something rather than make it worse.

I guess that's all those creative minds at work
We could still use Genie for the app Wizard.

You can select 3 Wishes….Oh, hey Genie here, you can make another Wish.

You can buy Magic Carpet rides.

I dunno. But, Aladdin could have been a great theme for all of it.

mmascari

Disney really don't want spontaneity in their parks do they, it really isn't a vacation anymore is it!.... Universal just keeps getting more of my time and more & more of my money.
Anyone have the link to the thread explaining all the reasons the Universal system would not work at Disney? (I am sure there must be one.)

Just got back from a Universal trip. Specifically because our last Disney trip felt like it required to much work to vacation and we had never been to Harry Potter at all. Express Pass Unlimited was wonderful. (Universal also felt, and I assume is, significantly smaller than Disney.)

I'm sure the Disney system will change again before we plan our next trip anyway.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
This seems like a good change to me I liked being able to pre-book. I need to dig further.

Side Note: I’m going to D23 in August do I get folded into this new system? I already pre-bought Genie.
These changes don't apply to Disneyland aside from the name change. So you don't have to worry. Unless you're going to wdw in August for d23 in which case I have news for ya.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
While I hate Disney turned Fast Pass into a money grab, I do like that I can now plan ahead at MK and HS with this. I think its a step in the right direction ESPECIALLY if the price doesnt change.

first time GIF

Prices will increase. For something that was free. But the Bob’s and Josh have conditioned you to think it’s a god thing to pay for it. Just say no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom