Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

ConfettiCupcake

So no reason why it can happen for those in Canada but not the UK?

Pure guess, but I’d think it has something to do with the way Canadians already had I believe full app functionality at home. If not, close to it. I really think it was an oversight that they made the distinction between Canada and the US in the first place. Again just a guess, but I’m thinking it was already set up to work fine -or close to it- in Canada to begin with/there aren’t any legal barriers.

It still sucks for everybody else international though, I can’t imagine they don’t come up with a solution quickly it’s really frustrating.

Splash4eva

What i would like to know is this… insiders and everyone for that matter said the pre books kinda crippled Fastpass+ etc. yet for some reason this “new” system which all it is lets face it is paid FP is going to be okay?

Jrb1979

What i would like to know is this… insiders and everyone for that matter said the pre books kinda crippled Fastpass+ etc. yet for some reason this “new” system which all it is lets face it is paid FP is going to be okay?
It will most likely end up having the same result but til it goes into effect it's hard to say.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One answer I have seen is the update to the disability system. Supposedly a large percentage of the old FP return lanes and more recently the lightning lanes was being used by people using whatever disability system was in place at the time resulting in not enough capacity. Supposedly the new system will cut down on abuse and reduce the percent of capacity used freeing up more capacity for ride reservations. No clue if this will be the case.

Since FP+ days Disney has added some additional rides but most of those additions are offset by taking 5 rides out of the multiple lightning lane system and moving them to individual so not a significant increase in capacity. However, the other factor is not everyone will take part in this system. With FP+ it was free so even if nothing great was left when you went to book you still took your 3 free reservations. With this system it’s yet to be seen if people will opt out rather than pay for less desirable reservations. The point is the number of people using this system should be less than FP+ but most likely more than Genie+.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It will most likely end up having the same result but til it goes into effect it's hard to say.
One feature which is good, but that I’m a little surprised they included is that you can see what’s available before purchasing. If the “good” reservations are all taken by on-site guests 7 days in advance people may see that and not buy. If they made you buy first you would be stuck with less desirable reservations. What this may avoid is the issue of rides that never needed fast pass in the first place being clogged up with FP users creating longer standby lines.

Kingoglow

I think Disney could get away with giving LLMP away exclusively to Deluxe Resort guests while taking away their Deluxe Extended Evening hours perk and make more money than they do selling LLMP to X number of guests and keeping the park open 2 additional hours each night.

Fill up Deluxe rooms while reducing staffing needs. Move everyone else to standby and let's see how the queues move.

C33Mom

Based on current G+ use and the new park tiers, here's an initial guess as to the most valuable LLMPs you could book in advance:

Magic Kingdom
  • First Tier: Tiana's Bayou Adventure, Jungle Cruise, or Peter Pan's Flight
  • Second Tier: Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear
  • We'd recommend the LLSP for 7DMT. In 2023, it was down around 1 day per week at rope drop. Buying the LLSP means you don't have to risk your valuable rope-drop time there, and simplifies your touring strategy. It would also allow you to rope-drop another First Tier attraction.
EPCOT
  • First Tier: Remy or Frozen (and rope-drop the other)
  • Second Tier: Mission: Space (orange) and Spaceship Earth. If not riding M:S, Living with the Land or The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Hollywood Studios
  • First Tier: Slinky Dog Dash (decent rope-drop might be RnRC or Railway)
  • Second Tier: Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania!
Animal Kingdom (not tiered)
  • Na'Vi River Journey, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
@lentesta Do we know if you have to pick your advance LLMP or Single Pass for the same park as your reservation (if you’re an AP)? We like to do the Epcot VQ, but feel like their LLMP selection is underwhelming without TT. I believe it’s already been confirmed that you can purchase LLMP and LLSP in separate parks?

Kingoglow

OK...this is a SMALL STEP in the right direction, but there is still room for improvement that will make Disney and guests happy!
First, Disney should make the LLMP a price that is permanent. even at $25/person per day they are still making money. Secondly, they need to figure out a way to make it like FP and have to go to the attraction and get a paper ticket with a return window...this will eliminate the guests using their phones all day on vacation!
IDEA: LLMP is purchased in advanced and you add the 3 selections at the time of advanced purchase. Then, when you use your first LLMP selection, you go to the attraction and pick up a FP return time and go from there. This way there is no being on your cell phones all day long ONLY IF YOU NEED TO MODIFY something! Thirdly, LLMP should only be $25-$30 due to the fact you will be paying extra for SLLP!
I just wished they would post the prices now, so people can plan and see how much EXTRA money they will be spending! The GENIE+/LLMP is the reason why we are not planning a DAY in the parks! We will be going to the MNSSHP instead...more bang for your buck!

Being on a phone already is choice that society has made. They probably can't go back. Paper Fastpasses disadvantage disabled people because they can't run or navigate through the crowds like abled people can. It's better if Disney doesn't go back to the paper system.

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta Do we know if you have to pick your advance LLMP or Single Pass for the same park as your reservation (if you’re an AP)? We like to do the Epcot VQ, but feel like their LLMP selection is underwhelming without TT. I believe it’s already been confirmed that you can purchase LLMP and LLSP in separate parks?

Assuming you have a park hopper, I don’t think you do. I can ask.

osian

Being on a phone already is choice that society has made. They probably can't go back. Paper Fastpasses disadvantage disabled people because they can't run or navigate through the crowds like abled people can. It's better if Disney doesn't go back to the paper system.
MaxPass in Anaheim was the equivalent of the paper FP, for those with a smartphone, for a very reasonable nominal fee. In Orlando, there used to be FP+ terminals. A fastpass system doesn't have to be paper, nor have people tied to a phone, be expensive, nor exclude anyone. These are decisions that Disney has made, including discriminating against international visitors. it's not the fault of society in general.

jannerUK

The way it affects us in the UK, will see a mass change in how we plan our trip. I can see a lot of people who are planning on doing Universal/Disney doing it in the order listed above. 14 days. Arrive at Villa and kick start the trip with Universal and then do Disney in the second week. That will give you 3 days then to play around with your trip.

Its not great but seems to be the only way forward with the current set up

bwr827

The way it affects us in the UK, will see a mass change in how we plan our trip. I can see a lot of people who are planning on doing Universal/Disney doing it in the order listed above. 14 days. Arrive at Villa and kick start the trip with Universal and then do Disney in the second week. That will give you 3 days then to play around with your trip.

Its not great but seems to be the only way forward with the current set up
If you stayed at Universal first, but had a reservation for Disney resort for the second week, wouldn’t you get the 7-day advance for LL?

jannerUK

Also can any clarify this....
Guests staying at an on-site Walt Disney World Resort hotel and other select hotels will be able to plan Lightning Lane passes up to 7 days in advance, for their entire stay (up to 14 days). Off-site guests can plan up to 3 days in advance.

Can off site guests in the 3 day window plan for their entire stay (as in the start of their 14 day ticket)

jannerUK

A lot of UK Guests book a Villa in Orlando - independent. Or they stay on International Drive in a Motel. I am referencing those outside the Disney Bubble. They buy over here in UK a 14 day pass. UK residents tend to buy 14 days of both universal and Disney and do 7 in one and 7 in other. Its the best and cheapest combo. Also gives you freedom to overlap and go where you want in the 14 days.

I meant that would have to see structure: Universal first 7, Disney 2nd 7 days in order to get the 7 day advance for LLMP

DCBaker

Premium Member
Also can any clarify this....
Guests staying at an on-site Walt Disney World Resort hotel and other select hotels will be able to plan Lightning Lane passes up to 7 days in advance, for their entire stay (up to 14 days). Off-site guests can plan up to 3 days in advance.

Can off site guests in the 3 day window plan for their entire stay (as in the start of their 14 day ticket)

If you have date-based tickets and are not staying on property, you can make your selections for the total number of valid admission days on your ticket.

C33Mom

If you have date-based tickets and are not staying on property, you can make your selections for the total number of valid admission days on your ticket.
Are we certain about that? Letting offsite guests book 14 days out puts them ahead of on site guests only staying for a week or less for the entire trip.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Are we certain about that? Letting offsite guests book 14 days out puts them ahead of on site guests only staying for a week or less for the entire trip.

See below:

3 Days in Advance for All Other Guests

Not staying at a Disney Resort hotel or other select hotel? Then you can purchase Lightning Lane passes—and choose experiences and arrival windows—3 days in advance. See additional details below, which vary based on admission type:
  • Guests with date-based theme park tickets (which require the Guest to choose a start date at the time of purchase) can purchase 3 days before the first day of their ticket, for the total number of valid admission days on their ticket.
  • Guests with other ticket types can purchase 3 days before their park visit.
  • Annual Passholders can purchase 3 days before their park visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom