Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Basically the same thing as fastpass + The only differences are:
1. You have to pay for this
2. Its 7 days for resort guests instead 60 and 3 instead of 30
3. And the most popular rides are behind an extra pay wall.
Disney really is adding so much value! (Not). I personally liked fastpass + because I could do it in advanced. This is better than now but that's not a very high bar. I'm not sure if I like 7 days in advanced more or less than 60 but I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that.
Eliminating the 7 dash is needed.

But this is gonna play just like plus…
It’s gonna be locked up before the gates open and essentially useless

3 and out like the 1986 Steelers offense.

I know…I know…queue the “I got 14 passes yesterday!” Nonsense

Save it, Hard-o 🙄

CaptainAmerica

Basically the same thing as fastpass + The only differences are:
1. You have to pay for this
2. Its 7 days for resort guests instead 60 and 3 instead of 30
3. And the most popular rides are behind an extra pay wall.
Disney really is adding so much value! (Not). I personally liked fastpass + because I could do it in advanced. This is better than now but that's not a very high bar. I'm not sure if I like 7 days in advanced more or less than 60 but I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that.
4. The tiering at Magic Kingdom makes this basically worthless. Absolutely garbage.

Of Standby Only, Paper FastPass, FastPass+, and Genie+, this is by far the worst option.

I will be doing most of my commentary on this topic at twitter dot com because the language I'll be using would get me banned from WDWMagic.

Disstevefan1

Anyone have the link to the thread explaining all the reasons the Universal system would not work at Disney? (I am sure there must be one.)

Just got back from a Universal trip. Specifically because our last Disney trip felt like it required to much work to vacation and we had never been to Harry Potter at all. Express Pass Unlimited was wonderful. (Universal also felt, and I assume is, significantly smaller than Disney.)

I'm sure the Disney system will change again before we plan our next trip anyway.
We love the express pass! It felt better it was included in the price to stay at the deluxe resort and we did one night and got express pass two days, check in day and check out day!

And the freedom to simply get in the express line of any attraction at any moment was great.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
first time GIF

Prices will increase. For something that was free. But the Bob’s and Josh have conditioned you to think it’s a god thing to pay for it. Just say no.

Here’s the way I see it playing:

They MAY hold the price for a bit…potential thought pattern:

1. There attendance is sinking an everyone knows it…not the time to take a PR hit
2. Pursuant to 1…the summer is dead and they may think they can entice some.
3. The “intro pricing” chapek caliber nonsense they think may get people integrated

But long game…this is why it will be jacked:

The Walt Disney company is NOT doing well financially. They stopped buying bobs snake oil. They need money badly and parks are the only thing they can exploit to do it. Nobody is fooled there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom