Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

I don't think it's that they trained people to think they need FP -- it's that they quit building attractions and made it so visiting was not enjoyable without it. They've been trying to play catchup for a decade, but they're still well behind.
When they do build new attractions they seem to take a lot longer then they need to. There is a fix for it. They need to focus on more attractions on Dumbos level and less on the Guardians and Trons. Not every new attraction need to be about how much merch it sells.

kalel8145

When they do build new attractions they seem to take a lot longer then they need to. There is a fix for it. They need to focus on more attractions on Dumbos level and less on the Guardians and Trons. Not every new attraction need to be about how much merch it sells.
Very true. And if done right, it will sell merchandise anyway. Looking at you haunted mansion and momento mori

LittleBuford

It's how every other park does it with their skip the line system. Disney's biggest problem is they trained people to believe they need FP to enjoy the parks.
I would still enjoy the parks if I had to queue to experience the attractions. That used to be the only way, after all. But my enjoyment levels rise the less I have to wait, which is why I was a big fan of FP+. Disney hasn't trained me to think this way; my strong preference for skipping lines is based on what I, myself, have experienced over the years during my trips to WDW, which extend back to the pre-FP era.

Last edited:

Thepuma

. the times I'd let Genie figure that out for me each day.
That will be your biggest mistake. Disney will not send you to the attractions YOU want to go to, it will send you to the attractions THEY want you to go to ...a huge difference. I wouldn't trust Genie for anything.

It's every man for himself when it comes to Disney...a free for all that needs proper planning to get the best out of your day.

Last edited:

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Just make it $300 a day per person. That way they get their money from rich guests. Most people won’t buy it since it’s too expensive and everyone else goes standby. No giving it to deluxe resort guests either. Disney gets their money and we get a standby line that moves without at 6am wake up call. Boom problem solved.
Again. Do you think the standby line wait time really is going to be greatly reduced? Just because it”moves” doesnt mean respectable wait times. So now you have the average guest who cant afford which intheory is still a vip pass watch the people who can afford it walk pass them on every line. The parks simply dont have the capacity. So now you create lines for every guest that enters your park? FP+ was not a difficult system to learn and not a difficult system to use while in parks either.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Everyone seems to forget that the reason they created FastPass to begin with was because guest satisfaction was declining due to long lines. And attendance has only skyrocketed since then.
Fastpass was created to get people through attractions faster. They weren’t spending when in line. That was the start of the tipping of the finely designed and balanced formula of park capacity v queue

Last edited:

curry767

It won't be available to all. It will sell out.
Personally I think capping it is a good idea, but here is the crux - Supply and Demand. In this case, Demand and Time. If the product is limited, then people will learn that they need to purchase at midnight to guarantee getting it. Liken it to how many people queue 45+ mins before rope drop, make no bones about it, people will do it.

As to being allowed to purchase it the day before, doesn't sound likely based on the press release:

"This means that, moving forward, whether you have an Annual Pass, multi- or single-day ticket, you may only purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit via the app, one day at a time, subject to availability."

my bolding

kalel8145

Personally I think capping it is a good idea, but here is the crux - Supply and Demand. In this case, Demand and Time. If the product is limited, then people will learn that they need to purchase at midnight to guarantee getting it. Liken it to how many people queue 45+ mins before rope drop, make no bones about it, people will do it.

As to being allowed to purchase it the day before, doesn't sound likely based on the press release:

"This means that, moving forward, whether you have an Annual Pass, multi- or single-day ticket, you may only purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit via the app, one day at a time, subject to availability."

my bolding
So do you think this will truly be a midnight purchase? Or 7am and people are gonna have to decide weather to try and purchase genie + first or ILL first?

curry767

So do you think this will truly be a midnight purchase? Or 7am and people are gonna have to decide weather to try and purchase genie + first or ILL first?
There will be enough nervous people not wanting go to sleep before midnight with the worry of not being guaranteed Genie+.

Hopefully it all sorts itself out in the long run, but heaven help us if some people start sharing stories of not being able to get Genie+ around 7am!

mikejs78

Premium Member
was created to get people through attractions faster. They weren’t spending when in line. That was the start of the tipping of the finely designed and balanced formula of park capacity v queue
I know that was true of FP+. But everything I e read on the subject of the original FP from the time had more to do about declining guest satisfaction with long lines. You would know better than I though.

curry767

Trying to understand this statement a little more:

"If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit."

Yes I know I'll be able to use the service during my visit but does that mean I will have to purchase it each day? It would have been clearer if it stated something like your purchases will be honoured and there will be no need to purchase each day.

Also, does your booking have to be paid in full before June 8th, or is the $200 deposit enough to lock in Genie Plus on all your days?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom