Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

dreday3

On a plane to WDW at this moment. Heading home on the 17th.

Very thankful to be missing this rollout. ☺️

I have October 19, 2021 @ 7:05am EDT for the first crash of the system due to traffic of people trying to buy G+ on day 1.

I feel like the unexpectedly low crowds will work in their favor for this. Not as many people will buy it, time work out the bugs before any holiday rush.

fgmnt

Frozen getting IAS only happens to the extent that the ride is low capacity compared it's typically high demand, and it's effectively a placeholder until Guardians.

I could only imagine buying this if I was on a 1 day ticket in MK or DHS on a high crowd day. I'll be missing it next week but we'll see how it rolls when I'm back in January.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sooooo the max of two a la carte per day is across all four parks? You can't do two in one park, park hop and do two others in park #2?
Yep. Disney is actually stopping you from buying more than two ILLs a day.

Also, Individual Lightning Lane nomenclature makes me ILL. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Here's everything that Disney has called this so far:
  • Lightning Lane Select Experiences
  • Individual Attraction Selections (IAS)
  • Individual Attractions
  • Individual Lightning Lanes (ILL) (!!)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yep. Disney is actually stopping you from buying more than two ILLs a day.

Here's everything that Disney has called this so far:
  • Lightning Lane Select Experiences
  • Individual Attraction Selections (IAS)
  • Individual Attractions
  • Individual Lightning Lanes (ILL) (!!)
Have they actually capitalized any of those, indicating that they're the Official Title?

I'm pretty sure we're the ones who made IAS a thing.

Rescue Ranger

I'm SO happy I'm there next week and head to Vero Beach the week this begins, as I assume wait times should be less and will rise once this is implemented to get guests to purchase.

Todd H

tumblr_m4uph2r4ft1qg78mpo1_500.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
if everyone has the 15 dollar lightning lane, does anyone have the 15 dollar lightning lane... this benefits no one.. it only hurts the people that didnt spend ANOTHER 15 dollars per person.
Your LLs for the day are limited by waiting until your LL scheduled time arrives, or by waiting 2 hours for the next one. And it's also limited that you can't buy more than two IA$s (ILLs) in one day. And it's limited that you can't get more than one LL for any one attraction in a day.

At the beginning of the day, everyone theoretically can start out with 4 LLs (one DG+ picked at 7 AM, one picked at 9 AM, and 2 purchased ILLs).

It used to be that everyone started out with 3 FP+s that they could have picked 30 or 60 days previously. And once people used their 3 FP+s, they can grab another. And when that was used, another.

So... not much different. Except having to pay for it. Which would should make LLs less common than FP+s.

James J

In the Parks
No
1633726037659.png

That's the update for UK Guests - I'm presuming despite it being available to purchase pre-arrival for us, the same will apply as domestic guests and we'll be able to just add it as and when we want whilst at WDW.

ppete1975

Your LLs for the day are limited by waiting until your LL scheduled time arrives, or by waiting 2 hours for the next one. And it's also limited that you can't buy more than two IA$s (ILLs) in one day. And it's limited that you can't get more than one LL for any one attraction in a day.

At the beginning of the day, everyone theoretically can start out with 4 LLs (one DG+ picked at 7 AM, one picked at 9 AM, and 2 purchased ILLs).

It used to be that everyone started out with 3 FP+s that they could have picked 30 or 60 days previously. And once people used their 3 FP+s, they can grab another. And when that was used, another.

So... not much different. Except having to pay for it. Which would should make LLs less common than FP+s.
true and something ive thought about, i guess my biggest issue is that they are basically forcing you to buy it, where before it was "free" (included in your ticket). So people that can afford it will, and the people that can barely get in the gate or that really saved up for years for this one trip for their kids are "punished". I just hate how slowly its becoming a class system. I am sure I am not the only person who the first time i came was as a little kid and my parents saved for a long time to give their kids that magical trip. I know im not the only person that feels they are pushing anyone that is middle class out. Upper middle class or bust!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom