Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

ppete1975

The thing that you can buy and the thing that was "free" are not the same thing.

Genie+ is not FastPass+, because not everyone will have it. I've used the analogy before, but FastPass+ was a free public pool. Genie+ is a paid private pool. The paid private pool is going to be a better experience than the free public pool.
for the people that can afford going to the private pool, but if the private pool is inexpensive enough that 90 percent of the people go there (made up number of course for now) is it really a private pool, the only people not at the private pool are the people who cant/wont pay to go there.

Hawg G

So, I'm assuming Space Mountain is on the list because that will put all the hardware where it can easily be changed to Tron?

jpinkc

I thought Rat's VQ would go away when Genie + started? Rise has none already.
Rise I figure will be back on it just as soon as the attendance bumps up, Remy is because its new. I am surprised to see Mickey and Minnie RR on there I Figured it would be Slinky Dog. That one is kind of a head scratcher to me

mikejs78

Premium Member
Rise I figure will be back on it just as soon as the attendance bumps up, Remy is because its new. I am surprised to see Mickey and Minnie RR on there I Figured it would be Slinky Dog. That one is kind of a head scratcher to me

My prediction is that within 6 months one of two things happens:
* ILL is gone and rolled into Genie+, OR
* ILL is down to one attraction per park - Rise, FoP, 7DMT (to be replaced by Tron) and Guardians.

DisneyDreamerxyz

let's remember there is a whole list of rides that have never been on the Fastpass system and are there for you to enjoy as essentially walk-ons.

01. Astro Orbitor
02. Liberty Riverboat
03. Triceratop Spin
04. Carrousel of Progress
05. Peoplemover
06. Tom Sawyer Island
07. Animal Kingdom Express Train to Planet Watch
08. Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico
09. Magic Kingdom Carrousel

runnsally

for the people that can afford going to the private pool, but if the private pool is inexpensive enough that 90 percent of the people go there (made up number of course for now) is it really a private pool, the only people not at the private pool are the people who cant/wont pay to go there.
Pretty soon the Halcyon will have the only truly exclusive pool at WDW…

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If it's 90% uptake, sure. I highly doubt 90% of people will even have any idea what Genie+ is.

PolynesianPrincess

Not a fan of this. A bunch of rides on there don't even NEED LL!! Remember when HM and PotC always used to be walk ons (or short waits) before FP+? Why add attractions that don't NEED it?! Oh, right, to make more money!! $$$

PolynesianPrincess

For a family of 5 to ride RoTR it's $75! that's almost an entire full day park ticket! And that's just one ride. I hope as a whole it fails, but I REALLY hope the individual rides fail miserably. Unfortunately there is a sucker born every minute yelling "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!" I'm so happy we're headed to Disneyland in the spring and then hopefully turning away completely from the parks to Disney Cruise Line. DCL used be a ton more expensive than WDW or DL trips but now with all these upcharges, DCL is almost the same price but with MUCH better service!!

MickeyLuv'r

let's remember there is a whole list of rides that have never been on the Fastpass system and are there for you to enjoy as essentially walk-ons.

01. Astro Orbitor
02. Liberty Riverboat
03. Triceratop Spin
05. Peoplemover
06. Tom Sawyer Island
Point taken,

but Astro Orbiter and even the Peoplemover are not really walk-ons much of the time. I mean, sure the past couple of weeks almost everything in MK was walk-on, but back in July and even August they both had waits much of the day. (Again maybe not at rope drop or park close, but most of the day.) As I type at 6pm, Astro is posted at 45 while Peoplemover is posted at 20min, though both waits are probably a bit inflated.

PolynesianPrincess

01. Astro Orbitor
02. Liberty Riverboat
03. Triceratop Spin
05. Peoplemover
06. Tom Sawyer Island

I never see Astro Orbiter as a walk on and lately the PeopleMover isn't either.

PolynesianPrincess

Point taken,

but Astro Orbiter and even the Peoplemover are not really walk-ons much of the time. I mean, sure the past couple of weeks almost everything in MK was walk-on, but back in July and even August they both had waits much of the day. (Again maybe not at rope drop or park close, but most of the day.) As I type at 6pm, Astro is posted at 45 while Peoplemover is posted at 20min, though both waits are probably a bit inflated.

Just typed the same exact response as you about these 2 attractions. I never see them as walk ons.

PolynesianPrincess

My prediction is that within 6 months one of two things happens:
* ILL is gone and rolled into Genie+, OR
* ILL is down to one attraction per park - Rise, FoP, 7DMT (to be replaced by Tron) and Guardians.

I hope your prediction is right! People need to STAND FIRM and NOT buy into this. Get there at rope drop for one of the 2 pay per ride attractions and then hop in line for the second one at park closing. There you won't be wasting time waiting while the park is open. We do this every time we go to DCA for Radiator Springs Racers. Park closes at 9, hop in line at 8:55.

Casper Gutman

Just stand in the line if you don't like it.
You know that this will effect standby waits.

Please explain why you think 90% of guests won’t know about Genie+? Do you think Disney will refuse to advertise it? Cover the LL signs? Inform CMs not to push it? Why do you expect Disney to be so casual about the crowd management and monetization system they have spent over a decade and billions of dollars building?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom