Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JAB

Here’s something I learned today that might preclude this. I’m not sure if this is a change, or if I’ve just never read about this rule.

A friend of mine is there today. When selecting his LLs last week, he couldn’t find more than one tier 2 ride at DHS that his group wanted. So he chose Muppets at 9am, figuring it would expire while he was rope dropping other things, and then he could choose anything available. However, when it expired at 10am, he could only select other tier 2 rides. His group showed as ineligible for a tier 1. He even waited until 10:15, just to see if the grace period affected this. He was still unable to select another tier 1 at 10:15.

He asked at a blue tent and was told to unlock the tier limitations, he couldn’t simply cancel, modify, or *let expire* his first LL. He had to tap in to at least that first LL to be able select another Tier 1.

Again, not sure if this is new, or I’ve just missed it, but this would seemingly preclude getting an early LL at AK to save $ on MK LLs.
I saw a vlogger report the same thing. He was testing out all the potential ways to "unlock" LL selections, and the only one that worked was using the first LL. When he tried letting an early LL expire, he got the same result as your friend - it didn't count as "used" and didn't unlock more selections.

Seems like Disney might be on to us and has put rules in place to prevent the tier restriction loophole strategies that worked for FP+.

Saskdw

Some people said FP+ was awful. That's the thing - the people who hated that are a different group than the people who screamed bloody murder about G+ and the lack of pre-booking.

There's nothing that will satisfy everyone since different people prefer different systems. I think it is telling that they are using one system for WDW and a different one for DLR - because they know they have different crowds at each resort with different needs and preferences.
People don't book 2 week vacations to DLR. It's a completely different trip.

Saskdw

Here’s something I learned today that might preclude this. I’m not sure if this is a change, or if I’ve just never read about this rule.

A friend of mine is there today. When selecting his LLs last week, he couldn’t find more than one tier 2 ride at DHS that his group wanted. So he chose Muppets at 9am, figuring it would expire while he was rope dropping other things, and then he could choose anything available. However, when it expired at 10am, he could only select other tier 2 rides. His group showed as ineligible for a tier 1. He even waited until 10:15, just to see if the grace period affected this. He was still unable to select another tier 1 at 10:15.

He asked at a blue tent and was told to unlock the tier limitations, he couldn’t simply cancel, modify, or *let expire* his first LL. He had to tap in to at least that first LL to be able select another Tier 1.

Again, not sure if this is new, or I’ve just missed it, but this would seemingly preclude getting an early LL at AK to save $ on MK LLs.
That was always the wording Disney used.

This is good on the ground info for the group though. Thanks for posting that.

Saskdw

Why are you calling me a troll? Because I don't like the new system and point out its obvious flaws? Even you have to admit my points are accurate
Your points are based on speculation of the worst case scenario and are not backed by any real world experiences.

90% of the on the ground reviews so far have been positive. You are just forwarding your own agenda.

You hate it. It doesn't work for you. Your opinion has been noted about 100 times.

Dranth

People don't book 2 week vacations to DLR. It's a completely different trip.
Neither do most of WDW guests as US citizens (who make up the majority of visitors) don't normally get enough vacation time on average to do that.

ETA: I think this is a big reason why you see almost universal support for FP+ amongst fans from other countries while it is more mixed from US fans.

Dranth

Your points are based on speculation of the worst case scenario and are not backed by any real world experiences.

90% of the on the ground reviews so far have been positive. You are just forwarding your own agenda.

You hate it. It doesn't work for you. Your opinion has been noted about 100 times.
I get people are tired of seeing the same things but, to be fair, your entire opinion on G+ was based on worse case speculation if I am remembering correctly.

JIMMYEDDIE

Talk about not sincere. 90 % of the reports I have read are bigly negative.

You are the troll. Lying to the group to make ur point. Please prove me wrong. Give me anything to counter my points.

Saskdw

I get people are tired of seeing the same things but, to be fair, your entire opinion on G+ was based on worse case speculation if I am remembering correctly.
My hate for G+ was having to get up at 7am everyday of my vacation to start the process and not knowing for sure what the result would be. Also the constantly being on the phone all day refreshing.

The lack of the 3 prebooked FP was a no go for us.

We did do a single day ticket to WDW in Dec 2022 and had a chance to play around with G+. So I did experience it for myself. I actually had pretty good success, but spent the entire day on my phone to get that success.

LSLS

I honestly have no opinion other than all the pay for riding stuff is awful, but it's hilarious you call out his speculation (correctly so) and immediately follow up with your own made up statistic. I would be surprised if this got worse reviews than G+, but I'd also be surprised if 90% of people are happy with this system considering it's almost exactly what we got included with our tickets like 4 years ago.

Dranth

My hate for G+ was having to get up at 7am everyday of my vacation to start the process and not knowing for sure what the result would be. Also the constantly being on the phone all day refreshing.

The lack of the 3 prebooked FP was a no go for us.

We did do a single day ticket to WDW in Dec 2022 and had a chance to play around with G+. So I did experience it for myself. I actually had pretty good success, but spent the entire day on my phone to get that success.
Which is a fair reason to not like it but in the past you said you had not been back from 2016 and listed G+ as one of the reasons (unless I am thinking of someone else, if so apologies).

ETA: I found it, you said you had not been since 2017 until after the pandemic which is different than not going at all and not liking the system.

Also, I am really puzzled why people like the 3 prebooks so much? I would much rather get more quality selections 90% of the time and more selections overall than three prebooks which is what this is becoming for those that don't get there early.

G+ took being able to tell time to easily get 3+ no matter how you tour and they could have fixed the 7am thing easily. This gives you three you may or may not want with no option for more unless you tour a specific way. It is a major downgrade overall as it specifically rewards one type of park goer while actively making it worse for everyone else.

JIMMYEDDIE

They should allow the first pre book only, get rid of the tiers and put the 120 min rule and stacking back in place. Satifies almost everyone. Up charge deluxe resort only guests to book a second tier 1 or 2 tier 2

JIMMYEDDIE

I honestly have no opinion other than all the pay for riding stuff is awful, but it's hilarious you call out his speculation (correctly so) and immediately follow up with your own made up statistic. I would be surprised if this got worse reviews than G+, but I'd also be surprised if 90% of people are happy with this system considering it's almost exactly what we got included with our tickets like 4 years ago.
It's actually nothing like it. It's way worse.

1) No re rides
2) Fewer ride selections b of ILLs you have compare for separately
3) astronomical cost
4) MK never had tiers

Last edited:

Heelz2315

Oh yes. This is the problem. Let's say you have a week vacation with 5 park days.

You are going to HS on Wednesday, the 4th day of ur trip. At the 7 day mark, you go to book ur 3 selections and SDD is not even available. Then ur next selection is RNR and the earliest return time for that is 5pm.

Problem is, you have Topolinos reservation at 5pm and were planning on being in the parks from 10-4. Now you can't get either of ur top tier 1 selections and the relatively unspoken of part here is that tower of terror is consensus top tier 2 ride and that sells out before some of the tier 1 rides so now you cannot get on any of ur top 3 selections.

This system is awful. People that don't think so just don't understand the nuances of it yet. Theres not one way this is better than genie and that's not debatable

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that it cost you an additional $195 for your family of 5 for you to get on millennium falcon, star tours and alien swirling saucers.

So by this logic if I'm trying to book a weeks worth of times/attractions at once a week out the later in the week I try and book the worse the times will be? If any are left at all?

Has that been the case? Can anyone verify?

JIMMYEDDIE

Which is a fair reason to not like it but in the past you said you had not been back from 2016 and listed G+ as one of the reasons (unless I am thinking of someone else, if so apologies).

ETA: I found it, you said you had not been since 2017 until after the pandemic which is different than not going at all and not liking the system.

Also, I am really puzzled why people like the 3 prebooks so much? I would much rather get more quality selections 90% of the time and more selections overall than three prebooks which is what this is becoming for those that don't get there early.

G+ took being able to tell time to easily get 3+ no matter how you tour and they could have fixed the 7am thing easily. This gives you three you may or may not want with no option for more unless you tour a specific way. It is a major downgrade overall as it specifically rewards one type of park goer while actively making it worse for everyone else.
100% this. Thats factual. Genie was far superior and I challenge anyone to prove me otherwise

JIMMYEDDIE

So by this logic if I'm trying to book a weeks worth of times/attractions at once a week out the later in the week I try and book the worse the times will be? If any are left at all?

Has that been the case? Can anyone verify?
Correct. And this is with lower park attendance. Wait until it's busy.

Go look right now a week out. I'll guarantee you there are rides sold out completely

And this is with park crowd rankings 5/10. Wait until you get in the 8/10, 9/10 and 10/10. There will be nothing Avilable

LSLS

100% this. Thats factual. Genie was far superior and I challenge anyone to prove me otherwise
Again, I don't like this either, but I'm not sure how Genie+ would be better. The main complaints you provided in my post above still apply to G+. But, you paid and then hoped you could get things worth it with G+. At least here you see what you can get before you purchase, and are guaranteed to at least get your 3.

JIMMYEDDIE

Again, I don't like this either, but I'm not sure how Genie+ would be better. The main complaints you provided in my post above still apply to G+. But, you paid and then hoped you could get things worth it with G+. At least here you see what you can get before you purchase, and are guaranteed to at least get your 3.
Very simple. With genie, you got 3 tier 1 rides with ur first 3 selections. With this, you only get 1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom