Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

ashleyk

Hi! I asked this question last week but I think it might have gotten lost in the shuffle..

Do we know yet how the new system will work on party days (Halloween, Christmas, etc.)? If you have a party ticket (and not a "regular" park ticket) for a given day, will you be able to purchase LLMP and book attractions with return times starting at 4 p.m.? Not sure it would be worth it given the price, but just curious if having a party ticket would allow you to book times in the general 4 - 7 p.m. overlap window between party guests gaining entrance to the park and park closing time for non-party guests. Thank you!

Heelz2315

Has anyone had difficulty getting morning times for later in their trip when they book 7 days out? My fear is 7 days out as I'm picking rides/times most of them are picked over and alot of the AM times are gone due to so many people's trip overlapping?

IE can I get say a time for POTC at 9:30AM on 11/25 if I'm picking on 11/18 (7 days out)? OR when I log in to select times for that day are most or all of the morning times gone by then? I'm afraid of getting stuck with times late in the afternoon/night IF any are left when I log in to try and select.

Disstevefan1

I don't think it's doomsday or anything. I actually think LLMP is a step up from G+. However, vs FP+
FP+>LLMP
  • No re-rides
  • LLSP dilutes the tier 1 and tier 2
  • I don't think MK had tiers under FP+ (but AK did).
  • Meet and greets were on it (I think this may change)
  • Could be done in a browser or the app
LLMP>FP+
  • 7/3 days vs 60/30
  • Simpler booking rules (always have 3)
  • I don't think FP+ allowed for length of ticket booking for offsite guests. I think it was always 30 days
I don't remember the FP+ park hopping rule or if you could modify tier 2s into a tier 1 after using any of them.
You forget a bullet point for FP+.

FP+ was FREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Disstevefan1

Amazing how easy it was - in hindsight - to overlook flaws when it didn’t cost an extra $50+ a person to use.
THIS.gif

doctornick

Correct. Too bad they eliminated standby. Folks should have the choice to stand in line if they want to,

I think the virtual queue makes sense when a new ride opens to both avoid the massive 3+ hour waits and also to help protect against dumping the line when the ride breaks down as operations gets used to running it. But that needs to run its course and be done with by maybe 6-12 months at most after the ride opens.

It's insane that Cosmic Rewind is still on the VQ especially with Test Track being closed.

doctornick

The floor is also worse. With genie, because inventory was spread out, your first 3 selections were all tier 1. And that was for all people, as long as they had the extreme basic knowledge of knowing you could book every 2 hours.

It's a huge assumption that many or even most guests have "extreme basic knowledge" of how to best use G+ or LLMP. Most do not which is why they needed the small Guest Services support locations all over the parks to deal with complaints.

doctornick

Are we now saying FP+ was good when all we heard for years was how bad it was for almost all guests especially ones that stayed off site?

Nope. Some people disliked or hated it. Others preferred it. Like every system that Disney has used, it has its supporters and detractors.

When they started G+, a ton of people complained they wanted a system back that allowed for pre-books. And this didn't happen out of the blue - Disney announced many months ago (maybe even a year or so?) that they were going to change to a prebook system for WDW due to demand for that type of process and it just took a while to work out details before implementing.

Edit: it looks like they announced plans for pre-booking G+ way back in May 2023.

Last edited:

Splash4eva

We thought FP+ was fantastic.
I guess I didn't come to this part of the forum back in those days because I never heard a lot of complaints.
As far as offsite people....I don't care....I considered it an onsite perk.
Oh trust me it was a perk and one im glad they brought back and just like you i loved FP+ as well and had great success with it. As i did with Genie+. But yes people said FP wA awful…

Purduevian

11-11:15 check... what's the best LLs I can get at each park with 5 refreshes:
MK: 6:20 BTMRR, 3:50 Buzz, 8:00pm HM, 6:50 Jungle Cruise, 5:30 Pooh, 11:25 Pirates, 11:15 Space, Tiana (N/A)
EPCOT (Frozen and Remy both down right now): Frozen (N/A), MS (N/A), Remy (N/A), Soarin 1:15, SSE 4:15
DHS: MMRR (N/A), MFSR 1:55, RNRC 7:05, SDD (N/A), TSMM (N/A), ToT N/A)
AK: Dinosaur 11:50, EE 11:30, Kali 4:20, Safari 12:05, Navi 2:50

EPCOT and DHS are rough on 5 refreshes.

doctornick

Oh trust me it was a perk and one im glad they brought back and just like you i loved FP+ as well and had great success with it. As i did with Genie+. But yes people said FP wA awful…

Some people said FP+ was awful. That's the thing - the people who hated that are a different group than the people who screamed bloody murder about G+ and the lack of pre-booking.

There's nothing that will satisfy everyone since different people prefer different systems. I think it is telling that they are using one system for WDW and a different one for DLR - because they know they have different crowds at each resort with different needs and preferences.

Splash4eva

Some people said FP+ was awful. That's the thing - the people who hated that are a different group than the people who screamed bloody murder about G+ and the lack of pre-booking.

There's nothing that will satisfy everyone since different people prefer different systems. I think it is telling that they are using one system for WDW and a different one for DLR - because they know they have different crowds at each resort with different needs and preferences.
I totally agree there will never be a system that pleases everyone and until much needed capacity is added every one they try will be an issue.

Saskdw

I guess my question would be which people?

If it was the people staying at the Motel 6 up the street I don't care and most likely Disney doesn't care much either.

JIMMYEDDIE

Has anyone had difficulty getting morning times for later in their trip when they book 7 days out? My fear is 7 days out as I'm picking rides/times most of them are picked over and alot of the AM times are gone due to so many people's trip overlapping?

IE can I get say a time for POTC at 9:30AM on 11/25 if I'm picking on 11/18 (7 days out)? OR when I log in to select times for that day are most or all of the morning times gone by then? I'm afraid of getting stuck with times late in the afternoon/night IF any are left when I log in to try and select.
Oh yes. This is the problem. Let's say you have a week vacation with 5 park days.

You are going to HS on Wednesday, the 4th day of ur trip. At the 7 day mark, you go to book ur 3 selections and SDD is not even available. Then ur next selection is RNR and the earliest return time for that is 5pm.

Problem is, you have Topolinos reservation at 5pm and were planning on being in the parks from 10-4. Now you can't get either of ur top tier 1 selections and the relatively unspoken of part here is that tower of terror is consensus top tier 2 ride and that sells out before some of the tier 1 rides so now you cannot get on any of ur top 3 selections.

This system is awful. People that don't think so just don't understand the nuances of it yet. Theres not one way this is better than genie and that's not debatable

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that it cost you an additional $195 for your family of 5 for you to get on millennium falcon, star tours and alien swirling saucers.

Last edited:

brettf22

Premium Member
Trying this "hack" again from my house to see what I could get. AK $17 today, MK $27. If I had booked an 8am-9am ITTBAB and let it expire. I think at 9:01am I could go for 3 tier 1s at MK and save $10 per person...
Here’s something I learned today that might preclude this. I’m not sure if this is a change, or if I’ve just never read about this rule.

A friend of mine is there today. When selecting his LLs last week, he couldn’t find more than one tier 2 ride at DHS that his group wanted. So he chose Muppets at 9am, figuring it would expire while he was rope dropping other things, and then he could choose anything available. However, when it expired at 10am, he could only select other tier 2 rides. His group showed as ineligible for a tier 1. He even waited until 10:15, just to see if the grace period affected this. He was still unable to select another tier 1 at 10:15.

He asked at a blue tent and was told to unlock the tier limitations, he couldn’t simply cancel, modify, or *let expire* his first LL. He had to tap in to at least that first LL to be able select another Tier 1.

Again, not sure if this is new, or I’ve just missed it, but this would seemingly preclude getting an early LL at AK to save $ on MK LLs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom