Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

John park hopper

So a ticket for MK is now $169 (depending on the day) but if you want the same access you had in 2019 with FP+ you also need LLMP ($29), an ILL for Seven Dwarfs ($11), and an ILL for Tron ($20).

$229 just to get the same experience you got for $129 in 2019, they've nearly doubled the price in less than 5 years, this management team is absolute garbage.
And if you drive throw In another 36 bucks a day parking fee

Purduevian

Yep, assuming they didn't forgot to mention you need to be in the park, it looks like those of us who don't like to rope drop should now just book one T1 for when we want it (maybe a T2) and then one or two throw aways as early as possible. Let those expire and add better rides as they do.

Yet another reason this system is just dumb from a design standpoint. Now I am going to be eating up inventory I have no intention of every using just to give myself a chance to get other T1/2 rides that sell out quickly.
No reason to book that second tier 2 attraction for when you won't be there. It appears all the LLs "unlock" once the first one is used/missed.

ConfettiCupcake

Yep, assuming they didn't forgot to mention you need to be in the park, it looks like those of us who don't like to rope drop should now just book one T1 for when we want it (maybe a T2) and then one or two throw aways as early as possible. Let those expire and add better rides as they do.

Yet another reason this system is just dumb from a design standpoint. Now I am going to be eating up inventory I have no intention of every using just to give myself a chance to get other T1/2 rides that sell out quickly.

FP+ did this as well, but worse because you had to burn through/use all 3. I hope it being 1 out 1 in helps to prevent that kind of waste a bit more, although I suspect Disney doesn’t think the number of people who do this is unmanageably high.

Purduevian

FP+ did this as well, but worse because you had to burn through/use all 3. I hope it being 1 out 1 in helps to prevent that kind of waste a bit more, although I suspect Disney doesn’t think the number of people who do this is unmanageably high.
Also, if I was a late riser I would burn Mickey's pharmagic, Pixar short film fest, Muppets, and It's tough to be a bug... I really don't think those will ever sell out for the first hour of park opening.

I plan to rope drop my EPCOT day, but I still think it's worth putting a burner on that (even without park hopping) and my AK day (assuming you are going to park hop)

JIMMYEDDIE

It strongly resembles FP+, with the notable exceptions of the LLSP attractions. Beyond the addition of more options to book - like the meet and greets, I personally would be surprised to see major changes to it. JMO.
Remember, they changed FP+ not only so they could charge money, but also because FP+ had very bad guest satisfaction results

This system is worse because theres less inventory AND you also have to pay fo it

Guest satisfaction will TANK once this has been in place for a month or 2

JIMMYEDDIE

It strongly resembles FP+, with the notable exceptions of the LLSP attractions. Beyond the addition of more options to book - like the meet and greets, I personally would be surprised to see major changes to it. JMO.
Also dont forget Genie+ had 16 changes implemented in the 2 1/2 years it was in place, averaging once every 2 months something was either tweaked or wholesale changed because of poor guest satisfaction numbers

MickeyLuv'r

Well yeah, but it's just more mental bandwidth you have to deal with. It never "gets in the way" of anything where you have to stop doing something. But it takes up space in your brain as something else to keep track of.

I'm a project manager in real life, I want to go on vacation too. :D
Alarms.
When using G+ (and probably somewhat the new system) we set alarms to go off when it was time to use or book a pass. That made it a tiny bit easier to manage.
Though I agree with you that managing all the different times takes more effort than a vacation should require.

Vegas Disney Fan

This system is terrible and EXTREMELY inefficient........

I give it until year end MAX before they change it
I think the only way to fix LL is to make it free or make it very expensive.

Free takes away the complaint that you are paying extra and still can’t get what you want, expensive guarantees you actually get what you are paying for.

A midpriced LL is the worst possible scenario, having your guests pay extra and not receiving a perceived value is just a complaint generator.

Purduevian

Remember, they changed FP+ not only so they could charge money, but also because FP+ had very bad guest satisfaction results

This system is worse because theres less inventory AND you also have to pay fo it

Guest satisfaction will TANK once this has been in place for a month or 2
Did FP+ have low satisfaction results? This is honestly the first I'm hearing of this. I know there were some complains about the 60 day booking window.
Also dont forget Genie+ had 16 changes implemented in the 2 1/2 years it was in place, averaging once every 2 months something was either tweaked or wholesale changed because of poor guest satisfaction numbers
I think most of those changes were quite minor and had to do with park hopping rules, prices, pricing structure, pre buying, ect. The core functionality of G+ didn't really change from day one

ConfettiCupcake

Small tweaks, sure. The most major I can think of is the modify option.

I’ll just be surprised to see major changes come to this system that target the most negative aspects of it (availability, cost, restrictions - LLSP running separate and tiers). I don’t disagree that it doesn’t look good today. I just think they’ve backed themselves into a corner with a lack of desirable capacity that there’s only so many options to sell said capacity, none that appealing.

JD80

So a ticket for MK is now $169 (depending on the day) but if you want the same access you had in 2019 with FP+ you also need LLMP ($29), an ILL for Seven Dwarfs ($11), and an ILL for Tron ($20).

$229 just to get the same experience you got for $129 in 2019, they've nearly doubled the price in less than 5 years, this management team is absolute garbage.

This is a bad argument here. Why are using a single park ticket price for comparison? Why are you adding in all the addons for the park? Why not add in a VIP tour too?

Plus that $129 ticket in 2019 is around $150 today.

JD80

This system is terrible and EXTREMELY inefficient........

I give it until year end MAX before they change it

I wouldn't judge a system on day 1 metrics. If it's still this bad in a week, then fire away. I think it'll take some time for park ops to figure out the correct inventory numbers.

Disneydad1012

what I don't get for today no one pre-booked...why does it seem like less availability today vs genie+. Is it really because of the no meet and greets? Or 2 hour wait to book a new one?

easyrowrdw

This makes me appreciate the Disneyland system even more now. It was very easy on our trip last month, availability galore, getting lots of rides booked throughout the day.
One thing I disliked was not being able to book/stack in advance. That being said, we arrived one day in the afternoon and still got a lot of rides (through refreshing). DL doesn't have nearly as many rides eligible for Genie though so I have to imagine they just have fewer people using the system?
Did FP+ have low satisfaction results? This is honestly the first I'm hearing of this. I know there were some complains about the 60 day booking window.

I think most of those changes were quite minor and had to do with park hopping rules, prices, pricing structure, pre buying, ect. The core functionality of G+ didn't really change from day one
I remember reading lots of FP+ complaints here. Pretty much everyone I know thought it was just fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom