Disney+Foot Problems=What Shoes?

My choice is to wear whatever sneakers you have broken in well. (They should be light weight also so not to add additional weight to your feet/legs) I also bring flip flops and I got a new pair of croc snadles that I have broken in as well. Crocs are great if they get wet all is good....
Just make sure you wear anything that is already broken in nothing new....
Hope that helps some.... ~Tinkerchelli~

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
After I had feet surgery (on both) I was weiry as well about what to wear. Well, this forum recommended crocs.I think they are very ugly, sorry people, but found crocs that look like mary janes. I bought them in black from zappos (they are free shipping both ways so if you don't like them you can return them at no cost to you) and really like them. They were comfy and great to wear in the water parks, too. I also suggest getting a good pair of sneakers...walking shoes. It is good to switch shoes, too.

That is a great point to switch shoes... I'll keep that in mind on our trip!

Beccone

A warning about Crocs. I am a huge fan of any Crocs, in fact I wear them pretty much year round, I have the fuzzy ones for winter, the mary jane style and several pairs of the flip flops. That being said I wore my flip flops last summer on the first and second day and by the end of the second day I was ready to chop my feet off, they hurt so bad. And they were well worn in so it's not like I was wearing new shoes. I ended up wearing my sneakers for the rest of the trip but because of the blisters I got the first couples days walking was not fun. I just got new walking sneakers for our trip this summer, I plan on wearing them in before we go in August, I would love to wear my crocs because I still wear mine everyday and they are great but I don't want what happened last year to happen again. What's interesting though to me is that my 3 younger children wore their Crocs the whole trip last year with no problems. My 5 yr old walked pretty much the whole 6 days at the parks and never complained once about his feet. Good luck I hope you find something that works for you!

Uncle Lupe

51MQdWxeo9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Don't these things scream ultimate comfort of days in the parks.

julsie

i had crocs a couple of years ago, an i wore them with no socks but when my feet got sweaty i found the insides to get slippy what happened i fell on my butt outside minnies house lol so no more crocs for me i wear a well broken in pair of trainers.

KJM 72

Rob922

Keen sandals. You will NEVER wear any other brand of shoes after wearing them. I have not bought any other brand since 2001.

goodtimes5286

Hi all :wave:

I'm someone who has experienced foot/ankle issues, including a cracked bone and tendinitis, so I'm always faced with the 'what shoes do I wear to Disney' question.

So next trip, I'm planning on wearing running shoes.
Is this a good idea in your opinion?
Or should I go with something like crocs? (Heard good things about them, never tried them)

Thanks!
my dad had foot issues 2x going to disney (hes had sugury since, he stepped on a nail, etc). for him, nothing completly cured it.

What helped was gel insoles (in his tennis shoes), going during a time where the lines wernt that long, and rides like TTA and MILF. Also, if i were you, try getting going in the morning as quick as you can, walk around a bit and then go to sitdown dining for breakfast. do the same thing then lunch, same thing then sitdown dinner. adding in 3 manditory sit down breaks on top of TTA, milf, Ellens Energy adventure, should really help.

kapeman

Another BIG vote for Merrell!

I bought my first pair in 2001 and haven't worn anything else since.

You have to try these things on to believe how comfortable they are.

Atomicmickey

Someone asked how many miles you walk in an average day.

I've heard it stated in a few places that the average is around 7 miles!

I got some expensive walking shoes, and they didn't completely work
for me, unfortunately.

I just got some croc-knockoffs, and they're comfy to walk around in, but I don't know if I'd trust them for seven miles. I have to test this out.
Having "rolled" my ankle a few times, I'm suspicious of the fact that they're on so loosely. Not to mention the fact that they're just a hunk of foam.

So . . . I'm a "croc skeptic". But am willing to try them.

I think seven miles is about right, though.

To go all the way around World Showcase, for example, is 1.1 miles if you just go straight around.

You can measure distances on Google Earth! Fly over Disney World and check it out, it's fun to do.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Thanks all!
My crocs are supposed to be delivered today so we'll see how I like them initially...and I'll walk around in them a lot to see how I feel.

Pete C

I have been on several trips overseas, listening to advice much like you are getting here that a good walking or hiking shoe with good support is the best way to go. For me, this just isn't the case. In Japan after hiking up Mt Fuji in so called supportive hiking boots, I threw them away. My feet hurt so badly that i knew i could not wear them for the rest of the trip. I saw a Crocs kiosk at the Tokyo Disney station mall, and decided to give them a try. I cannot thank this company enough for literally saving my vacation. Crocs are THE most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, even for prolonged periods of time. In all my previous trips overseas with sneakers or shoes, no matter what brand or type, by day 3 my feet were killing me walking all day on them. With crocs, even after my feet were in serious pain from hiking, my feet felt wonderful all day. My buddy was also in pain, and after hearing me praising the crocs, he bought some despite his dislike of the looks (which I shared). He was immediately converted to a believer as well. Two things make crocs so comfortable: the footbed, which is amazing and feels like walking on a pillow, and also the open design, which allows your foot to expand while walking. No closed shoe will do that, and will lead to pain for many people over several days of walking or standing. Crocs are incredible, and I will always wear them if I plan to be on my feet for several days. Now they have several designs that are stylish, which is nice. Sneakers, walking shoes, hiking boots...never again. If you don't like the crocs, I would try another open type of sandal before going to restrictive, closed shoes.

Clare Voince

I have been on several trips overseas, listening to advice much like you are getting here that a good walking or hiking shoe with good support is the best way to go. For me, this just isn't the case. In Japan after hiking up Mt Fuji in so called supportive hiking boots, I threw them away. My feet hurt so badly that i knew i could not wear them for the rest of the trip. I saw a Crocs kiosk at the Tokyo Disney station mall, and decided to give them a try. I cannot thank this company enough for literally saving my vacation. Crocs are THE most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, even for prolonged periods of time. In all my previous trips overseas with sneakers or shoes, no matter what brand or type, by day 3 my feet were killing me walking all day on them. With crocs, even after my feet were in serious pain from hiking, my feet felt wonderful all day. My buddy was also in pain, and after hearing me praising the crocs, he bought some despite his dislike of the looks (which I shared). He was immediately converted to a believer as well. Two things make crocs so comfortable: the footbed, which is amazing and feels like walking on a pillow, and also the open design, which allows your foot to expand while walking. No closed shoe will do that, and will lead to pain for many people over several days of walking or standing. Crocs are incredible, and I will always wear them if I plan to be on my feet for several days. Now they have several designs that are stylish, which is nice. Sneakers, walking shoes, hiking boots...never again. If you don't like the crocs, I would try another open type of sandal before going to restrictive, closed shoes.

I never considered the whole foot swelling part. That must be one of the reasons I love my crocs so much. :>

wdwCC

Hi all :wave:

I'm someone who has experienced foot/ankle issues, including a cracked bone and tendinitis, so I'm always faced with the 'what shoes do I wear to Disney' question.

So next trip, I'm planning on wearing running shoes.
Is this a good idea in your opinion?
Or should I go with something like crocs? (Heard good things about them, never tried them)

Thanks!

I wear Z-Coil shoes on weekends and wore them on my last trip. Spent the better part of 5 days walking around the parks without a problem.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Ok, so I got my crocs in the mail today and so far, I love them!
They're not the most stylist but they are very comfortable.
I'll make sure to wear them a lot and we'll see if I can wear them to Disney!

Thanks again everyone!

EpcoTim

Even though crocs are a crime against all that is decent, everyone I know that owns them, loves them. As long as you away from the garbage wal-mart knock offs. I'm half tempted to buy a pair myself I just can't get myself to do it. Keep us updated on the comfort level and if its worth sacrificing all good taste for.

Me, I'm a birkenstock guy. Don't ask why, they just get me through the day with zero problems.

magicmaya

Nike 360's and Crocs are very comfortable.I wear crocs to MK,Nike 360's to Epcot,Crocs to DHS and Nike 360's to epcot!

I wear crocs to the smaller parks

jmenjes

I wear my Mickey Crocs everywhere I go when I'm at WDW. Much more comfortable to me than wearing shoes in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom