Disney faced with lawsuit in Mission: Space death

Status
Not open for further replies.

goofntink

sjnichol said:
In my opinion, this suit screams settlement only. Any reputable attorney knows they have no shot in winning this case at trial. It has been proven that this was caused by a pre-existing condition. Disney will weigh the cost to defend against a possible negative campaign, which, to the average person, would paint the disney parks as unsafe. We all know how much the media loves to jump on a negative disney point and a lawsuit regarding the death of a child at a park would be horrible negative press.
I have to totally agree due to the fact that they mentioned today on the news that the lawsuit does not specify any dollar amount whatsoever.:mad:

TAC

Dr Albert Falls said:
This, however, is in no way a frivilous lawsuit. A family goes to Disney World. Their child dies. The family has UNDERSTANDABLE questions about whether that death could have/should have been prevented. The family asks the courts to help answer those questions.

And yes, there ARE questions.

*Is 44 inches a proper height requirement?
*How in-depth was Disney's scientific study into Mission Space? (Guess what. Disney is not going to voluntarily turn that info over to the public unless they're dragged into court).
*Had Disney been warned by doctors or engineers that there was an increased chance of death on this ride?
*Is there someone working in the company right now that tried to put the brakes on this $100 million attraction with concerns about its safety, but was silenced by corporate and budget pressures? (And you don't think something like that is possible? Do some research on Space Shuttles Challenger and Columbia)
*With 130 people in two years formally complaining of illness after riding Mission Space, was it irresponsible for Disney not to provide better medical care at the attraction?
* Do those TV commercials and print ads showing children smiling while riding Mission Space--- which are technically "invitations" --- contradict and override the numerous warning signs. (In other words, are the warning signs the equivilent of "fine print" on a glossy magazine advertisement, where the main image grabs your attention, but not the disclaimer)

I guarantee that NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU can definitively answer ANY of those questions.

There is one way to obtain those answers, and that's by taking Disney to court.

Yes, the family is seeking money. That's the only remedy our justice system allows. And if a court finds that Disney was wrong, then yes, this family DESERVES that money.

Likewise, if Disney did nothing wrong, then the courts will clear them of any suspicion.

And perhaps Disney will settle this lawsuit. That's DISNEY'S choice. They make plenty of money by inviting millions of people with different health backgrounds onto their property. In order to take money from the majority of healthy people, they may sometimes be forced to pay for injuries to people who had unknown health problems. It's the cost of doing business.

But if there are serious, undisclosed problems with Mission Space --- problems that could harm YOU --- then a lawsuit is the only way to reveal those issues (Don't forget, there was a time when the tobacco companies said cigarettes wouldn't kill you. And Disney says Mission Space won't kill you. How are we supposed to know the difference?)

Questions? Since we as yet have not seen the actual lawsuit, how do we know they are only asking questions? Specificially (from the newpaper article on page on of this thread), the family is suing for wrongful death, and "unspecified damages." I don't see any specific questions here.

WRONG. That is not the only remedy that the justice system allows. There are many things you can sue for, and most of the time the plaintiffs sue for money.

Please show us all where in the commercial, or where on your entry ticket, or where on any theme park map, that your admission requires you to ride every attraction. There is no rule that says that. So no one, specifically the victim and the victim's family was forced to ride Mission: Space.

No. Disney should not have to pay for injuries if someone (and I am NOT referring to the victim here) is stupid. If you stand up on Space Mountain, and you lose your head, it is NOT Disney's fault. Disney should NOT have to pay for your stupidity, and it is NOT a "cost of doing business."

mouseman720

ballewclan said:
I have sympathy for their loss...

but they are sueing for the sake of sueing. This case is a no brainer. If the parent makes the judgement to put her child on a ride that HAD signs posted about health conditions and her child met the required height then how is it disney's fault?

Also, if the ride's height requirement should have been 48 inches...it would have been. The only hint of reasoning behind this lawsuit may be the fact that no defibrillators were on site, but if paramedics responded quick enough then thats all they could do!

It would be like blaming a balloon company if a balloon had popped and the kid had a stroke...
I feel deeply sorrowful for the lose of there child but, They had no case. First Wranings, okay any ride that you gone on at disney either has a HUGE sign that posts a requierment and warning for that ride, or they have the sign and audio and video warnings about the ride. I feel that the family know that the diney company is huge and wants money. When you go to a theme park you ride the rides at your own risk. if you don't follow the warnings it is your fault, not there. I have not yet gotten to go on mission to space, but I know when I go down there this summer I will be going on the ride. Also one thing that has popped into my mind reading this thread, ayear later you decided to sue disney? That is what I don't understand. I know that it takes time to get a lawsuit together but a year later? anyways, once again yes I do feel sorry for the family in the loss of there child but, it is NOT disneys fault. The child had a a preexsisting condition that the family either never new about or did and did think of it. as said ealier a difbulater is ment to start a normal heart beat, if the heart was surounded by scar tissue, I am sure thy did all they could do to help the boy.

Boardwalk Joe's

Greetings all, I'm new...:king:

Dr Albert Falls said:
I gotta say, some of you are the most heartless, ignorant people I've ever heard of.

This family lost a child, for God's sake. The worst imaginable thing that could happen. Now I'm sure alot of you are teenagers or 40-year-old-virgins, but please understand that there is nothing more heartwrenching than losing a child.

With that said, how DARE anyone criticize this family. Your comments are WAY more inflammatory than Ann Coulter's recent criticism of 9-11 widows. This family did NOTHING to you. And they did nothing wrong by filing a lawsuit.
Please explain to me how your insults are going to help you prove your point? I understand the family lost a child, and I'm sure its a terrible thing (I dont have experience) but it doesn't mean you bring down people for their opinions on a particular subject. Also, comparing peoples opinions on a messageboard and Ann Coutler's comments on a mass-published book is WAY off base. I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Just because people disagree with the family's lawsuit doesn't mean they're attacking them in any way.

I'm sure all of you consider yourselves patriotic Americans. Thanks to our Founding Fathers, this country has a system whereby, if you feel you were wronged, you can seek remedy. That is your RIGHT when you are a citizen of this country.

Yes, there are frivilous lawsuits. But even those people have the right to file them.

This, however, is in no way a frivilous lawsuit. A family goes to Disney World. Their child dies. The family has UNDERSTANDABLE questions about whether that death could have/should have been prevented. The family asks the courts to help answer those questions.

And yes, there ARE questions.

I have yet to see any evidence that a child's height has been the actual cause of death. If you can point me to any articles, I'd greatly appreciate it.

*How in-depth was Disney's scientific study into Mission Space? (Guess what. Disney is not going to voluntarily turn that info over to the public unless they're dragged into court).

Can you be more specific? What scientific studies do you wish to know about? How much pressure a body can handle? How much pressure a body can handle at a time? I'm sure all these things were taken into account when designing the ride and I'm sure Disney would have no problem voluntarily posting it to the public.

*Had Disney been warned by doctors or engineers that there was an increased chance of death on this ride?

Do you understand that the ride itself does not CAUSE the death of the person? But instead, it triggers the cause that kills them. Obviously the engineers have warned Disney that there is a chance of problems. You see them in every sign thats posted every 10 feet in the queue!!

*Is there someone working in the company right now that tried to put the brakes on this $100 million attraction with concerns about its safety, but was silenced by corporate and budget pressures? (And you don't think something like that is possible? Do some research on Space Shuttles Challenger and Columbia)

How is this relevant to the childs death?

*With 130 people in two years formally complaining of illness after riding Mission Space, was it irresponsible for Disney not to provide better medical care at the attraction?

I can't answer this, but I don't see its relevance. After the child's mother saw that he was not responding, the cast members called EMT who went out to the scene asap until they could take him to the hospital.

* Do those TV commercials and print ads showing children smiling while riding Mission Space--- which are technically "invitations" --- contradict and override the numerous warning signs. (In other words, are the warning signs the equivilent of "fine print" on a glossy magazine advertisement, where the main image grabs your attention, but not the disclaimer)

Are they showing the same commercials right before and during the queue to directly contradict the warning signs? I don't think so. Like someone mentioned, you dont HAVE to ride every single ride in the park. Soarin' is a big ride but there are some people who are afraid of heights. Can someone get on the ride, freak out, and then sue Disney because the commercial was so tempting?

I guarantee that NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU can definitively answer ANY of those questions.

There is one way to obtain those answers, and that's by taking Disney to court.
I disagree.

Yes, the family is seeking money. That's the only remedy our justice system allows. And if a court finds that Disney was wrong, then yes, this family DESERVES that money.

Likewise, if Disney did nothing wrong, then the courts will clear them of any suspicion.

And perhaps Disney will settle this lawsuit. That's DISNEY'S choice. They make plenty of money by inviting millions of people with different health backgrounds onto their property. In order to take money from the majority of healthy people, they may sometimes be forced to pay for injuries to people who had unknown health problems. It's the cost of doing business.
I strongly disagree.

But if there are serious, undisclosed problems with Mission Space --- problems that could harm YOU --- then a lawsuit is the only way to reveal those issues (Don't forget, there was a time when the tobacco companies said cigarettes wouldn't kill you. And Disney says Mission Space won't kill you. How are we supposed to know the difference?)
The fact that you somehow linked Mission:Space and tobacco seriously baffles me.

durangojim

I had sympathy for the family, but now I hope Disney makes an example of them and their lawyer with regards to frivelous lawssuits. If this family was concerned about the wellbeing of other children on the ride, they should be satisfied that Disney offers the nonspin version, but instead they're out for a payoff obviously instegated by their lawyer. Hopefully the ME report will show the jury that te suit is baseless. Where is personal or parental responsibility these days?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm sorry that this family lost a child. I can't imagine anything worse. My questions are:

1) Did the family contact the lawyer to file the lawsuit, or vice versa? (That fact will sway my opinion of it. A lot.)

2) (Devil's advocate, here) It's been said that the ride aggravated the child's heart condition and caused him to die, thus the lawsuit. Who's to say that his *pre-existing* heart condition wouldn't have killed him while playing on a playground 2 months after their trip?

My first instinct is to see what happens. The fact that there's no dollar amount given in the lawsuit leads me to think that this was filed in the interest of obtaining a settlement. However, that is simply my initial response. Disney wasn't negligent about warning signs, or the height requirement. The height requirement is mostly about proper fitting of the safety restraints, not necessarily the maturity of a child riding. There could be some basis of argument in the AED not being on-site, but quick paramedic response could render this baseless.

Interesting, to say the least.

Testtrack321

Is there someone working in the company right now that tried to put the brakes on this $100 million attraction with concerns about its safety, but was silenced by corporate and budget pressures? (And you don't think something like that is possible? Do some research on Space Shuttles Challenger and Columbia)

So, let me get this straight, you're comparing cost cutting to spending $100 million?

BUGET PRESSURES? This is as bad as saying Pressler pushed this through because he wanted to build more $100 milllion rides around the world.

To compare this to the Challenger and the Columbia is mindboggling.

I seriously don't have any smphathy for this family at all. The young child is dead and I'm sorry for the boy that he had such terrible parents, but that's it. The warnings are there but as a cast member at epcot, I've come to a conclusion that the gene pool of guest have gone to hell.

I work at Character Connections at Epcot and cue lines were put there for a reason people. TO GO AROUND THEM NOT UNDER THEM, DON'T OPEN THEM, DON'T CLIMB OVER THEM!! NO FOOD OR DRINKS!! And people still do it. They freaking do it.

Innoventions opens and closes illuminations at the plaza starting at 7:45pm. The ropes are not to be leaned on, climbed on, sat on but do people still do it? YES!! We yell at them, we tell them nicely but do they listen NO. They can give a rats ______!! if we tell them directions. Yesterday we had a convention of 2000 people at the epcot plaza, they were all leaning and standing on the towers and I had to remove them several times from standing on there. They obviously were like "we paid lots of money and you're telling me we can't stand there?"

As a cast member, we get the most idiotic guest that are just asking for it. But I love my job because a lot of guest aren't morons. =D And those people are nice and smart and not rude and follow directions.

As far as warnings.....whatever. The lawyer obviously hasn't gotten on M:S. THERE'S ONLY LIKE WHAT? 17 18??!!! WARNINGS! Plus on books, internet sites, map guides!! ?

this is seriously all a greed issue and they're going to lose....or at least I hope so.

Miss Bell

HauntedPirate said:
There could be some basis of argument in the AED not being on-site, but quick paramedic response could render this baseless.
I'm the first to say that there need to be more AED's around the parks, and in fact, I think there are tons more now than there were a year ago, but would that have even helped in this case? I'm not a doctor, and don't even play one on tv, but it seems like the condition that he had, while resulted in heart failure, might not have been helped by an AED.

I do remember when the first autopsy came out the parents said their only request of Disney was going to be to raise the height requirement to 48 inches.

At any rate, I don't think Disney is at fault. I don't think the parents are at fault. I think things like this just sometimes happen and no one and no thing is to blame. I wish we didn't live in a society where people jump to sue other people, but unfortunately we do. I am still very saddened by their loss--I can't even begin to imagine.

Captain Chaos

v_misses_epcot said:
I seriously don't have any smphathy for this family at all. The young child is dead and I'm sorry for the boy that he had such terrible parents, but that's it. The warnings are there but as a cast member at epcot, I've come to a conclusion that the gene pool of guest have gone to hell.
And I guess you come from the most elite gene pool in the world?? I would say NO because you sound like a bafoon saying you have no sympathy for this family.... Calling his parents terrible parents?? Why were they terrible parents???? I suggest the gene pool of the CMs (NOT ALL OF THEM JUST ONES LIKE YOU) have come from the far depths of retardism... And you wonder why people say Disney has lost the magic???

I work at Character Connections at Epcot and cue lines were put there for a reason people. TO GO AROUND THEM NOT UNDER THEM, DON'T OPEN THEM, DON'T CLIMB OVER THEM!! NO FOOD OR DRINKS!! And people still do it. They freaking do it.
HUH?

Innoventions opens and closes illuminations at the plaza starting at 7:45pm. The ropes are not to be leaned on, climbed on, sat on but do people still do it? YES!! We yell at them, we tell them nicely but do they listen NO. They can give a rats ______!! if we tell them directions. Yesterday we had a convention of 2000 people at the epcot plaza, they were all leaning and standing on the towers and I had to remove them several times from standing on there. They obviously were like "we paid lots of money and you're telling me we can't stand there?"

Fine, die moron. DIE! ~_~; IDIOTS!!
You really are a miserable person arent you???

As a cast member, we get the most idiotic guest that are just asking for it. But I love my job because a lot of guest aren't morons. =D And those people are nice and smart and not rude and follow directions.
You choose to work there so deal with the idiotic questions.. You don't like it, QUIT!!!

As far as warnings.....whatever. The lawyer obviously hasn't gotten on M:S. THERE'S ONLY LIKE WHAT? 17 18??!!! WARNINGS! Plus on books, internet sites, map guides!! ?

this is seriously all a greed issue and they're going to lose....or at least I hope so.
Sure there are plenty of warnings... That is all well and good... But, I hate to tell you and others on here.. they are not going to lose... Frivilous suit or not, no jury will deny this family money...

Now... go take a drink of water, take a deep breath, relax, and look at yourself in the mirror and determine how stupid your post sounds.. You dare say this kid's parents are terrible?? Your parents may have been even worse for raising someone as ignorant and unsensitive, and dare I say, idiotic as you...

Captain Chaos

Boardwalk Joe's said:
Greetings all, I'm new...:king:
Welcome to the boards...

Please explain to me how your insults are going to help you prove your point? I understand the family lost a child, and I'm sure its a terrible thing (I dont have experience) but it doesn't mean you bring down people for their opinions on a particular subject. Also, comparing peoples opinions on a messageboard and Ann Coutler's comments on a mass-published book is WAY off base. I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Just because people disagree with the family's lawsuit doesn't mean they're attacking them in any way.
I suggest you go back and read all these posts.. Several people here, not all, DO in fact attack this family.... So, in my opinion, yes, they are insensitive.. And There is nothing wrong with calling them out for what they are, insensitve M:S apologists...

I have yet to see any evidence that a child's height has been the actual cause of death. If you can point me to any articles, I'd greatly appreciate it.
The poster did not say anything about the child's height.... I think the understanding among everyone here is the height requirement in a nonissue....

Can you be more specific? What scientific studies do you wish to know about? How much pressure a body can handle? How much pressure a body can handle at a time? I'm sure all these things were taken into account when designing the ride and I'm sure Disney would have no problem voluntarily posting it to the public.
I am sure Disney did some sort of background research, but did they do enough?? Fact is, you don't know nor do I.. Only Disney knows.... And I challenge you to call Disney and gather this research data.. See if they are very forthcoming withit.. I would say they won't be... but, if this becomes part of the lawsuit, then Disney will be FORCED to release it so we would know once and for all if Disney did in fact do enough research.. if they didn't, they better have their checkbook open and a pen in hand.. if they did, then on to the next issue....

Do you understand that the ride itself does not CAUSE the death of the person? But instead, it triggers the cause that kills them. Obviously the engineers have warned Disney that there is a chance of problems. You see them in every sign thats posted every 10 feet in the queue!!
Just the fact that a ride can trigger 2 pre-existing conditions leading to death, IN 2 YEARS!!!!!! is enough to investigate it legally.... There is no denying M:S is the one attraction that gets the most complaints of sickness... And please don't say these are all people in bad health.. I have friends who are perfectly healthy and have come off there sick.... Could be Disney miscalculated the effects of SUSTAINED G's on the human body.... Again, this will come out in the trial.. let's wait and see... But something appears out of wack..

How is this relevant to the childs death?
How is it relevant?? If there was a scientist or doctor manager who raised concerns over the SUSTAINED G's and the effects it could have, leading to death, and they were silenced.. This is pertinent.. Hard to prove, obviously... But relevant if this actually was the case...

I can't answer this, but I don't see its relevance. After the child's mother saw that he was not responding, the cast members called EMT who went out to the scene asap until they could take him to the hospital.
Got to wait to see how the CMs did not respond in a timely manner, so I cannot comment.. but if they did not react quick enough, then disney has a problem on their hands there... if they acted in a reasonable amount of time, then Disney has nothing to worry about here...

Are they showing the same commercials right before and during the queue to directly contradict the warning signs? I don't think so. Like someone mentioned, you dont HAVE to ride every single ride in the park. Soarin' is a big ride but there are some people who are afraid of heights. Can someone get on the ride, freak out, and then sue Disney because the commercial was so tempting?
The commericals in fact so little kids laughing on the ride.. When, we all know, this is not the case.. This isn't Dumbo... This isn't a kiddie ride where you can turn your head and laugh, as the commercials suggest.. So, therefore the commericals are misleading... Your 4 year old son sees this commerical, as do you and he is excited about riding M:S.. You think because the commerical is geared toward children enjoying the ride that the ride is fine.. After all, Splash mountain has the same warnings and SM is very tame... Now, wouldn't you call those commercials misleading and enticing??? Please don't say LOOK THE INFO UP.. believe it or not, not everyone has the internet.. and not everyone has the time to spend on these sites to gain this information about the ride.. When do people normally find out how intense M:S is?? When it is too late.. When they alreayd paid Disney thousands of dollars to stay and visit the parks... all because their 4 year old child saw what appeared to be a kiddie ride into space in a Disney commercial, obviously geared toward CHILDREN

The fact that you somehow linked Mission:Space and tobacco seriously baffles me.
I think he was just using this as an example... Look deeper into his meaning... Tabacco companies said smoking doesn't cause cancer and doesn't kill... yet, years later, they were proven wrong... Not saying M:S is a death machine.. but everyone is jumping saying the ride is not a killer, but... you don't know if the way the ride works and the effects it has on the body are dangerous... This again will come out in trial....

But again, welcome to the boards :wave:

Again, I am not defending the lawsuit... But, a rush to judgemet and bashing of this family is unwarranted...

DDuck1974

HauntedPirate said:
The fact that there's no dollar amount given in the lawsuit leads me to think that this was filed in the interest of obtaining a settlement. However, that is simply my initial response.

Many times a lawyer will not include a specific amount of money in the complaint because they do not want to limit themselves or they do not want that amount be publicized. They would rather leave it open-ended until trial and then argue a number based off of discovery. My guess is that the omission of the dollar amount has nothing to do with whether they want a settlement or want to go to court. Just strategy.

In a wrongful death case, the plaintiffs can seek a few different kinds of damages: medical and funeral expenses (which will probably not amount to a large number in this case given the child's short time period before he died); lost support and services provided by the deceased (which will probably be small to nothing given he was 4), lost wages and lost earning capacity (again, likely small or nothing given his age) and mental pain and suffering of the parents from the time of injury. This last item is obviously where the focus will be for the plaintiffs.

Neptune

MrNonacho said:
I always felt great sympathy for that family, but my respect for them just took a big hit.

I concur. If they hadn't seen the signs and videos being heard all through the queue and even OUTSIDE in mutliple places, and they're going to argue that in case, the judge will do nothing but throw the case out or It'll just end in a settlement.

And why is it disney's fault that he was let on the ride? The PARENTS let him on! I guarantee if Disney didn't allow him because of his age but not his height, the parents would have had a fit.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Am I insensitive? Oh more than likely. Im a parent, im married to a paedeatric nurse so child mortality is not a taboo subject. But in this instance I cant help but think this is a tad over the top purely based on the location of the incident rather than a death of a child or the type of activity.

But then lawyers have to pay for that Merc somehow

Pabgo

dig8x said:
<O:p
Also, in my previous post I noted the ride “was toned down”, and someone claimed it was not. They turned off two of the centrifuges, which takes out the G Force that you experience during the ride. So it was in fact toned down. Disney claims, and I believe them, that they did it because it would allow more people to ride. The reason they did that is people were not riding the ride because they knew it was too intense. Disney knew this as well, and that is why there are now two versions. Disney has to take

I understand, and agree with everything you wrote, but you said that they turned off the two centrifuges, but they only turned off one for the Green Team. Probably just a simple mistake! :)

ilovepluto23

Even though this family has had a great loss, and their child's life can never be replaced...it is the responsibility of the parents to figure out that a 4-year-old child's body may not be able to withstand G-FORCES.

Disney has made PLENTY of warnings before getting on the ride. CM's that worked the ride probably figured the parents decided their child was fine to ride. If the child was tall enough to go on that ride...how could a CM guess the child was 4? I don't know, it's just apparent to me that there is a greater danger for small children and elderly on M:S than anyone else.

Also, it's not Disney's fault if anyone has an unknown medical condition that should keep them from M:S, or any ride. It really sucks and is AWFUL when something does happen to someone on a ride...but how is an unknown medical condition Disney's fault? Is Disney supposed to provide MRI's and CT's for every single guest before they ride M:S? I'd say for the MILLIONS of people who go on that ride every year...two deaths and a few injuries is not enough to close down a great ride.

I didn't feel well on M:S so I stopped riding. It's common sense people !

Pabgo

I also think that M:S is a greater danger for younger ones, then elderly folks. For example: Last time I went to WDW in January, I rode M:S for the first time ever. My sister had already ridden it, but me, my dad, and my 75 year old grandfather have never been on it before. I asked my grandpa, "Do you really want to ride it?", and he just said "Sure, why not!". I was 11 at the time (and still am), and I was really scared to go on it! I made a bet with my dad, that if I threw up, he would give me 10 dollars! Anyway, my grandpa actually went on it, and he said he just had a few problems with breathing, but other then that he was okay. He got more injured on RnRc, than on M:S (he probably hit some on RnRc, and he started bleeding fairly bad. My main point is that I think younger children have a greater risk, than older or elderly types of people.

Captain Chaos

ilovepluto23 said:
Even though this family has had a great loss, and their child's life can never be replaced...it is the responsibility of the parents to figure out that a 4-year-old child's body may not be able to withstand G-FORCES.
Please tell me this is a joke..... You want parents to take their kids to scientists to have them put through tests to see How much G's their child can take??? Are you going to take your child to get tested to see how many G's your kid can take??? Come on, be reasonable here...

Disney has made PLENTY of warnings before getting on the ride. CM's that worked the ride probably figured the parents decided their child was fine to ride. If the child was tall enough to go on that ride...how could a CM guess the child was 4? I don't know, it's just apparent to me that there is a greater danger for small children and elderly on M:S than anyone else.
I agree with this...

Also, it's not Disney's fault if anyone has an unknown medical condition that should keep them from M:S, or any ride. It really sucks and is AWFUL when something does happen to someone on a ride...but how is an unknown medical condition Disney's fault? Is Disney supposed to provide MRI's and CT's for every single guest before they ride M:S? I'd say for the MILLIONS of people who go on that ride every year...two deaths and a few injuries is not enough to close down a great ride.
Again, agreed it isn't Disney fault or responsibility to know their guests health status.. However, I find it unfair that others on this board are bashing this family.. when they didn't even know the kid had the condition... 2 deaths is a lot for any ride that TRIGGERS a health condition... Well, 2 deaths in less that 2 years... and countless injuries, calls for medical assistance, etc... Sorry, but M:S has had way more than other rides have had in 20 years..

I didn't feel well on M:S so I stopped riding. It's common sense people !
It is common sense that if you rode it once and got sick, yes, don't ride it again... It is common sense that if you have a medical condition and KNOW about it, es don't ride.. But if you are undiagnosed, and you and your doctor say you are in perfect health, and something happens to you after this ride, how can anyone say this person should have used common sense?? These arguments just don't make sense anymore...

dig8x

biggbird5182 said:
I understand, and agree with everything you wrote, but you said that they turned off the two centrifuges, but they only turned off one for the Green Team. Probably just a simple mistake! :)

It was my understanding that there were four centrifuges, and two were disabled. Forgive me if my math was off. If there were two, than they turned one off. I am fairly sure i read that they basicly cut the amount of running centrifuges in half, and essentially turned it into the full intense version, and the not so intense version.

Again, if it was in fact only one they turned off i am sorry, but the result is still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom