News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Get over yourself, lady. It’s 15 18 minutes of garbage unnecessarily strewn all the way down Main Street, USA.

View attachment 701458

I’m no longer answering the call.
View attachment 701459

Yeah while I’m sympathetic to the work and effort that team put into it, it wasn’t a good show. Pandemic or not, MK deserved better for the 50th.

They should have put the effort into a 50th tag and just added it to HEA.

jrhwdw

I will never understand this thinking. My current rankings.

Wonderous > Enchantment > HEA.

I did see enchantment for the first time after they added the 50th tag so maybe that helped my opinion on it? But I’ve never thought HEA was that good.
Oh HEA was Brilliant! The Problem I'm having is I don't think DE is that bad and MK doesn't need HEA to clean up DE's Mess......
There are other things that need TDO's Attention....a Full FOF, Finally a Night Parade and a Good Show for everyone in WSL...

We all know Epcot needs help and hopefully EF is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I will never understand this thinking. My current rankings.

Wonderous > Enchantment > HEA.

I did see enchantment for the first time after they added the 50th tag so maybe that helped my opinion on it? But I’ve never thought HEA was that good.

I didn't think HEA was anything special either (although I don't care that much about fireworks shows at all -- Illuminations is the only one I've really loved), but Enchantment is HEA with worse projections and a worse soundtrack, so...

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Enchantment is HEA with worse projections and a worse soundtrack, so...
I have held the opinion that DE is the second-best castle show in Magic Kingdom history, behind Wishes. The 50th intro sets it over the top, and the story is one of the most beautiful ever told through this medium (although most guests don't follow it whatsoever due to the fact that it isn't told in an in-your-face manner like HEA.)

HEA single handedly gave us the cookie-cutter clip-show that has plagued the entire industry since its debut in 2017. DE and Wishes are prime examples of emotional storytelling, incredible artistry, simple visuals, and impactful music.

No Name

I think HEA is the best show they’ve ever made. But regardless of my own opinion, I think the last five nighttime shows they’ve made are: Rivers of Light (plus We are One), Happily Ever After, Epcot Forever, Harmonious, and Enchantment. Happily Ever After is not just a success, it’s their only recent success. They should’ve spent the money on better nighttime shows for the other three parks instead of replacing the one they got right.

TrainsOfDisney

What story?
“In Disney Enchantment, we join dreamers like Tiana, Miguel, Rapunzel, and Lightfoot brothers, Ian and Barley from Onward, and we set out on an incredible journey with adventurers such as Moana, Raya, and Judy Hopps. Joe Gardnerfrom Soul takes us into “the zone”, where we discover a whimsical world, inspired by the style of legendary Disney artist Mary Blair, and filled with beloved characters from classic stories, like Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderlandto contemporary tales including Luca and Wreck-It Ralph. Everything builds to a climactic moment, as Tinker Bell takes flight, spreading shimmering gold pixie dust and empowering us all to believe in ourselves and the magic all around us.”

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
What story?
There's a deeper story than most realize, which tells the audience of chasing our dreams and the adversity we will experience along the way.

Almost There is the beginning of the hero's journey, aiming for goals and pursuing dreams, but seeing failures right out of the gate (i.e. Hercules being crushed).

We Know the Way is when you become more certain of yourself and have created a path towards your goals, beginning the journey with those you trust.

Joe Gardner takes the story into the "zone", with the Mary Blair artwork and music representing the whimsy and joy we feel when genuinely pursuing our goals. We're on top of the world with success, and feeling the joy of those rewards. This segment also covers the friendships and relationships we create along the way, which help us "fly".

Our journey to our goals will sometimes take us "Into the Unknown", where fear and self-doubt take their tolls on our motivation.

Finally, we can spiral out of that unknown into full blown defeat, as our inner demons consume us (Night on Bald Mountain)

I Am Moana then represents the moment we find ourselves and snap out of that defeat, triumphantly realizing that we once again "know the way".

The show then ends as a reminder that we cannot sit back and wait for out Happily Ever After to magically bestow itself upon us. We have to get up and chase our goals, feeling success, failure, and every emotion in between. We are the magic in our own stories, and we control our destiny.

UNCgolf

I have held the opinion that DE is the second-best castle show in Magic Kingdom history, behind Wishes. The 50th intro sets it over the top, and the story is one of the most beautiful ever told through this medium (although most guests don't follow it whatsoever due to the fact that it isn't told in an in-your-face manner like HEA.)

HEA single handedly gave us the cookie-cutter clip-show that has plagued the entire industry since its debut in 2017. DE and Wishes are prime examples of emotional storytelling, incredible artistry, simple visuals, and impactful music.

Part of my problem with Enchantment is that I don't care about most of the characters or songs included in it, although I also dislike the song versions themselves. I don't think the projections are good. I didn't really like the projections in HEA either, because they often competed with the fireworks instead of complementing each other, but they seemed to be of a higher quality.

The characters/songs thing will probably be true of any future new Magic Kingdom shows, though, since they're likely going to continue focusing on the most recent movies, and I understand why they want to do that. Considering I don't care much about the Magic Kingdom fireworks show in general, my opinion is nowhere near one they should care about anyways.

Last edited:

MTBaymax

There's a deeper story than most realize, which tells the audience of chasing our dreams and the adversity we will experience along the way.

Almost There is the beginning of the hero's journey, aiming for goals and pursuing dreams, but seeing failures right out of the gate (i.e. Hercules being crushed).

We Know the Way is when you become more certain of yourself and have created a path towards your goals, beginning the journey with those you trust.

Joe Gardner takes the story into the "zone", with the Mary Blair artwork and music representing the whimsy and joy we feel when genuinely pursuing our goals. We're on top of the world with success, and feeling the joy of those rewards. This segment also covers the friendships and relationships we create along the way, which help us "fly".

Our journey to our goals will sometimes take us "Into the Unknown", where fear and self-doubt take their tolls on our motivation.

Finally, we can spiral out of that unknown into full blown defeat, as our inner demons consume us (Night on Bald Mountain)

I Am Moana then represents the moment we find ourselves and snap out of that defeat, triumphantly realizing that we once again "know the way".

The show then ends as a reminder that we cannot sit back and wait for out Happily Ever After to magically bestow itself upon us. We have to get up and chase our goals, feeling success, failure, and every emotion in between. We are the magic in our own stories, and we control our destiny.
OK, I’m going to give you that one. Even though the ending narration for HEA includes “You are the key to unlocking your own magic.

The execution is where most of us have our concerns. My opinion - part of the reason why HEA, Momentous, and Wondrous have been looked highly upon is familiarity. That is, hearing the actual characters’ voices featured. It’s less prevalent in Momentous, but certainly more so for HEA and Wondrous. Maybe I’m overselling this point, but I feel if we actually heard some of the original voices of some of these characters, it might’ve gone a long way.

SoFloMagic

"Grab ahold of your dreams and make them come true. For you are the key to unlocking your own magic. Now go. Let your dreams guide you. Reach out and find your Happily Ever After"

I'd argue HEA presents the same ideas in a better package.

WDWbuff2001

I was at the park last Saturday and this past Wednesday for the first time since 2017 and saw enchantment those two days. . I noticed the finale was heavily cut back and it was highly disappointing. Am I the only one that noticed this

ToTBellHop

I was at the park last Saturday and this past Wednesday for the first time since 2017 and saw enchantment those two days. . I noticed the finale was heavily cut back and it was highly disappointing. Am I the only one that noticed this
That’s just the suck we’ve been forced to tolerate for the last 17 months. Welcome to our long, national nightmare.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Amen.

jrhwdw

Hopefully someone knows NOT mess with HEA's Finale!!! Or Go The Distance for that matter..........

The final Low Pyro Shot is still gone from DE......Which is a little worrisome........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom