News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

CaptainAmerica

They are bringing it back because guests love it but they have already set a Main Street projection precedence with Enchantment.
At some point they need to grow a spine against the social media generation. Everything is somebody's favorite, and they can't cave every time they build something new because some vocal contingent is mad because they liked the old thing better.

Happily Ever After was not uniquely beloved. There are just way more crybabies on Twitter in 2023 than there were when they closed Wishes.

If they had given Enchantment a 10 year run, the people who saw it and loved it would have been complaining about it being replaced when it came time for it to close, too.

Disney Glimpses

At some point they need to grow a spine against the social media generation. Everything is somebody's favorite, and they can't cave every time they build something new because some vocal contingent is mad because they liked the old thing better.

Happily Ever After was not uniquely beloved. There are just way more crybabies on Twitter in 2023 than there were when they closed Wishes.

If they had given Enchantment a 10 year run, the people who saw it and loved it would have been complaining about it being replaced when it came time for it to close, too.
Eh, agree and disagree. For one, the GSATs for HEA after it replaced Wishes was much better than those for DE when it replaced HEA; not even close. IIRC, 50% of guests preferred HEA over Wishes (or visa versa) at that time and with Enchantment, more than 90% of those who had seen both shows preferred HEA.

I agree with the larger sentiment you are offering here but Enchantment just isn’t a very good show 🤷

I know you’re not a fan of HEA but this isn’t an ordinary case of “we hate the new thing, bring back the old thing!” of which I agree happens a lot.

CaptainAmerica

Eh, agree and disagree. For one, the GSATs for HEA after it replaced Wishes was much better than those for DE when it replaced HEA; not even close. IIRC, 50% of guests preferred HEA over Wishes (or visa versa) at that time and with Enchantment, more than 90% of those who had seen both shows preferred HEA.

I agree with the larger sentiment you are offering here but Enchantment just isn’t a very good show 🤷
*whispers*

Enchantment and Happily Ever After are exactly the same show.

wtyy21

All of you who love Wishes are wearing significant nostalgia goggles. Wishes is a 25 year old show that was half the length, had far less pyro, no projections, Homer the genie, and for much of its life was the inferior version of Remember Dreams Comes True. It needed to go.
Wishes was not 25-year-old show. Wishes was debuted in October 2003 and it's 13,5-year-old show (if you count the show running until 2017). In my assumption, Wishes was not the inferior version of RDCT, given that the development of RDCT was happen in 2004 and debuted in May 2005 as part of DL 50th. Wishes and RDCT had widely different themings despite sharing the same score. While Wishes tells about Disney movie's characters wishes come true, RDCT tells about all aspects of Disney theme parks, whether its lands, its attractions (past and present), and guests and cast member experiences for the past 50 years at DL as Disney's first theme park, like EPCOT Forever, but more superior than EF.

Touchdown

Wishes was not 25-year-old show. Wishes was debuted in October 2003 and it's 13,5-year-old show (if you count the show running until 2017). In my assumption, Wishes was not the inferior version of RDCT, given that the development of RDCT was happen in 2004 and debuted in May 2005 as part of DL 50th. Wishes and RDCT had widely different themings despite sharing the same score. While Wishes tells about Disney movie's characters wishes come true, RDCT tells about all aspects of Disney theme parks, whether its lands, its attractions (past and present), and guests and cast member experiences for the past 50 years at DL as Disney's first theme park, like EPCOT Forever, but more superior than EF.
Except RDCT had all the best parts of Wishes score. Did you see both? RDCT was amazing, Wishes not so much.

jrhwdw

I know you’re not a fan of HEA but this isn’t an ordinary case of “we hate the new thing, bring back the old thing!” of which I agree happens a lot.
Esp on Here............

I'm not afraid to admit that DE is not HEA, BUT I do think it deserves more love/respect! IDK if MK is hearing from this site or People are in City Hall every night after DE, But MK got The Message...... I fully support HEA 2023, don't get me wrong but I'm a little irritated that People still won't warm up to DE!

If there was outcry like when MSEP retuned to DL, We would have had a Night Parade by Now!

Disney Glimpses

Esp on Here............

I'm not afraid to admit that DE is not HEA, BUT I do think it deserves more love/respect! IDK if MK is hearing from this site or People are in City Hall every night after DE, But MK got The Message...... I fully support HEA 2023, don't get me wrong but I'm a little irritated that People still won't warm up to DE!

If there was outcry like when MSEP retuned to DL, We would have had a Night Parade by Now!
If Enchantment had the Walt intro from the beginning and was noted as temporary for the 50th, I think it would've been received better.

But HEA had only roughly 3 years of runtime when you consider they had no fireworks from March 2020 through June 2021. It was not the appropriate time to replace the show permanently; regardless of whether or not HEA was designed as a "bridge" show.

jrhwdw

If Enchantment had the Walt intro from the beginning and was noted as temporary for the 50th, I think it would've been received better.

But HEA had only roughly 3 years of runtime when you consider they had no fireworks from March 2020 through June 2021. It was not the appropriate time to replace the show permanently; regardless of whether or not HEA was designed as a "bridge" show.
We can all agree on DE should have had Walt and it's 2023 Finale on Oct 1, 2021!

As for Temporay, IDK if that would have swayed Guests. We know WDW doesn't stick to that much: ROE was only for 2000, MSEP for Nighttastic 2010.........

wtyy21

I have a question, does the addition of Walt and Roy at DE but 10 months late than the actual 50th celebration on October 1, 2021 improve GSAT/Guest reception of the show overall? or still same when Enchantment debuted on October 1, 2021?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom