News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Disney Glimpses

It would be replaced with a similar chapter. Just different villains and music. And no Klaus Badelt.
The villains section is quite long in HEA - they can do a lot. I do agree that that main Friend Like Me scene will likely stay untouched. Hopefully the Olaf scene stays as well. I do think Go The Distance will stay as well but if they are looking to make a splash they could change it up.

gerarar

Premium Member
The villains section is quite long in HEA - they can do a lot. I do agree that that main Friend Like Me scene will likely stay untouched. Hopefully the Olaf scene stays as well. I do think Go The Distance will stay as well but if they are looking to make a splash they could change it up.
RIP Moana Heart of Te Fiti shells then. Those were some of the best custom shells made for HEA (and then continuing in DE)

CaptainAmerica

HEA was a IP show, too.
Yeah people pine for HEA like it was Wishes. It wasn't.

Spoiler alert: HEA and DE are both incoherent clip-show mashups without any semblance of narrative momentum or cohesive story. One of them just has a synthesized pop-rock theme song that people like better than the other one's synthesized pop-rock theme song. I'm sick of pretending like HEA was some kind of triumph of creativity and imagination.

ToTBellHop

Spoiler alert: HEA and DE are both incoherent clip-show mashups without any semblance of narrative momentum or cohesive story. One of them just has a synthesized pop-rock theme song that people like better than the other one's synthesized pop-rock theme song. I'm sick of pretending like HEA was some kind of triumph of creativity and imagination.
I’m not afraid to punch a national hero, Cap. Them’s fightin’ words.

jrhwdw

Make a wish!
Dream a dream!
Cross your heart!
And your wish...will...come...true!

🎆🎆🎆PffffpfpfppfffpfffpfpfpfpfpfpfpbadabadababpfpfBOOMBOOMBA-BOOMBOOMBOOMcracklecracklecrackle🎆🎆🎆
You forgot Wishes in between that.......LOL!!!!!!!

As much as I like DE's Theme, I think we can agree that Wishes & HEA had more powerful endings than DE!

I think what made HEA better than Wishes was the addition of Projections, Lights , Lights in the Hub trees. The Pirates segment from Summer Nighttastic in 2010 which is just perfection!! Plus MK picked the pefect Theme, and the Best IP Songs in the right order!

Disney Glimpses

Wonder if there will be a new theme song along with the Happily Ever After song?
The little I have heard about this show is that it will by and large feel very much like the original HEA. Disney PR is just completely overthinking the messaging to avoid any negative association regarding DE.

You should also know that the decision to return HEA was actually quite difficult for them. The fact that they did it means the DE numbers were probably even worse than you imagine.

Do you really still think HEA was an incoherent mash up that had no narrative or story? I think that's a bit dramatic, and really what I think most if not all here including my self would call what DE is.

I think that's simply the biggest issue people have with DE ... it's entire runtime is a mashup of loud, poorly produced music over a very messy at best story/timeline where as HEA at least had strong and defined sections throughout the entire show that were clear what "story" within the full story was being told ... Nevermind the 10x better music and soundtrack that went along with it.

I am sick of people trying to compare everything about Wishes to HEA or DE. The 2 shows are just so different from the moment they start. Sure, Wishes has a fantastic nostalgia factor that I too love, but completely objectively looking at both shows, HEA's soundtrack, story, pryo and narrative ... even without the projections AT LEAST equal what Wishes was. Just the build up to the Tink flight in HEA vs Wishes is a joke to compare.

DE? not a chance.

I think to solve the HEA vs Wishes issue is if WDW did HEA during the week and Wishes on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:
The little I have heard about this show is that it will by and large feel very much like the original HEA. Disney PR is just completely overthinking the messaging to avoid any negative association regarding DE.

You should also know that the decision to return HEA was actually quite difficult for them. The fact that they did it means the DE numbers were probably even worse than you imagine.

Really makes me laugh out loud with how much Josh stood up there and completely bungle and confuse the hell out of everyone adding way too many words in saying HEA is coming back. He was confused himself!

With everything I've heard and seen from yesterday, I was pretty sure we will get 80-90% of the original HEA show back. After this reporting from you, this definitely makes me happy.

wtyy21

Spoiler alert: However, none of these shows can surpass how the nostalgia exists at Remember Dreams Come True (contained Wishes part; and also inspiring Celebrate TDL and EPCOT Forever) and masterpiece of Reflections of Earth. They are tributes to the park itself in addition to IP that showed. For RoE, they are really tributes to humanity of earth.

jrhwdw

Spoiler alert: However, none of these shows can surpass how the nostalgia exists at Remember Dreams Come True (contained Wishes part; and also inspiring Celebrate TDL and EPCOT Forever) and masterpiece of Reflections of Earth. They are tributes to the park itself in addition to IP that showed. For RoE, they are really tributes to humanity of earth.
That new DE Intro looks a little like RDCT as well.....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fight me IRL.
1663018257423.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom