News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Regarding Happily Ever After: they aren't going crazy on changes to the show. It's even possible they don't change it at all.

Edit: I should clarify, when I say "don't change it at all" I mean the storyboard/music. I do think there's a wildcard out there on projections, lights, etc. The show will be updated but don't expect this day and night difference.
There's no Encanto!

The power of top tier IP compels them!!

pdude81

There’s still time for the new Epcot show to be a celebration of all Disney music but mostly Lin-Manuel Miranda’s.

Real talk and just go with it: LMM music. But sang by Olivia Rodrigo. With fireworks.

Right?
i-approve-this-message.jpg

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Agreed.

I could see the only change to the show being swapping the Tangled scene with Encanto. No idea if that's actually the case.

I posted this earlier but frankly switching Moana’s “How Far I’ll Go” for Encanto’s “Waiting on a Miracle” makes the most sense to me. The songs are the same basic message and theme about enduring and waiting to find your destiny.

This is me being somewhat selfish because I think the Tangled section with the firework and target arrow and the “touch the sky” fireworks at the very end is probably one of my favorite sections of the whole show.

Disney Glimpses

I posted this earlier but frankly switching Moana’s “How Far I’ll Go” for Encanto’s “Waiting on a Miracle” makes the most sense to me. The songs are the same basic message and theme about enduring and waiting to find your destiny.

This is me being somewhat selfish because I think the Tangled section with the firework and target arrow and the “touch the sky” fireworks at the very end is probably one of my favorite sections of the whole show.
I think you're right about the bow and arrow effect. That's really important to them actually, so I can see it staying.

gerarar

Premium Member
Regarding Happily Ever After: they aren't going crazy on changes to the show. It's even possible they don't change it at all.

Edit: I should clarify, when I say "don't change it at all" I mean the storyboard/music. I do think there's a wildcard out there on projections, lights, etc. The show will be updated but don't expect this day and night difference.
What about the narration? I really hope there isn't any script changes, because if so, they would have to get a new narrator to do it since Tom Kane can no longer re-record his part..

The current HEA narration is golden. Pacing, tone, feel, etc., it's perfect!

Disney Glimpses

What about the narration? I really hope there isn't any script changes, because if so, they would have to get a new narrator to do it since Tom Kane can no longer re-record his part..

The current HEA narration is golden. Pacing, tone, feel, etc., it's perfect!
Since it's not a 100th Anniversary show, I see no reason they would change it. I really hope they are aware that it is the fine details of HEA that make it so beloved and don't start tearing away random pieces.

ToTBellHop

Since it's not a 100th Anniversary show, I see no reason they would change it. I really hope they are aware that it is the fine details of HEA that make it so beloved and don't start tearing away random pieces.
They should focus their efforts on making an acceptable Epcot show and bring back HEA unchanged (well, story and music unchanged; just incorporate the MSUSA projections). It’s an easy win. Don’t risk ending up with two poorly rated shows AGAIN by the end of 2023.

TTA94

They should focus their efforts on making an acceptable Epcot show and bring back HEA unchanged (well, story and music unchanged; just incorporate the MSUSA projections). It’s an easy win. Don’t risk ending up with two poorly rated shows AGAIN by the end of 2023.

I mean since their not spending money on a new MK show they should, eh never mind lol.

Epcot isn’t going to see this new nighttime show until, maybe, the end of 2023 it sounds like, So the majority of WDWs 100th is going to consist of HEA, EF and F! I guess?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I hope they restore a lot of the pyro this time around. I'm thinking there's a decent shot of getting a good chunk back?
I doubt it, most people didn’t even notice they cut anything in 2021, I do agree that it should go back to pre pandemic pyro though even though I don’t think it will

gerarar

Premium Member
I hope they restore a lot of the pyro this time around. I'm thinking there's a decent shot of getting a good chunk back?
I think the more interesting question is whether they will utilize the two new launch sites that came with DE.

They invested a lot of money into that new infrastructure that it would go to a waste if it's reduced to just party-exclusive fireworks.

#2 is new that came as part of Project Nugget upgrades.
20220912_120555.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom