News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Dubman

They could have knocked this subpar show out of the park if they had done a drone mock-up of N234MM flying over the castle at the end with Walt’s image projected on said castle all while the original non remixed version of into the unknown was playing. Niagara Falls baby.. 😭

They did the drone thing at Galaxy’s Edge with the tie fighters. LOL

jpinkc

I think Disney sometimes forgets how to me alot of Fans still love the old classics and still want to see and hear them. Think I will watch Peter Pan to cleanse my palate of current Disney, maybe The gy DA :)

Really I cant say the Movie title to the S@H@A@G@G@Y DA without it getting flitered

Castle Cake Apologist

I turned off the stream five minutes in because of the sync issues, and I'm trying to resist reading the thread past the amazing Bob roast so I can have my own impression, but I gotta know...

Is Tink's flight anywhere near as incredible as it was in HEA? I can't imagine how they could top the feels of that moment. It makes me tear up even in videos.

Brian

Is Tink's flight anywhere near as incredible as it was in HEA?
iu

TTA94

If both shows get meh feedback I have a feeling it will be MSEP. They'll likely try some nostalgia as a last attempt to win people over.

2022 is its 50th to so why not lol. WDWs needs it way more than DL does next year! Technically PTN would be a better guest pleaser than MSEP. PTN could definitely be the highlight for MK, which it needs especially now.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I haven't watched this or Harmonious because I don't really care much about the night time shows, with the exception of Illuminations which was tremendously good. I probably won't see them until I'm actually in the parks again, whenever that is. Happily Ever After was fine (my GF absolutely loved it and was very sad it was replaced), but it didn't really resonate with me. I've still never even seen Fantasmic or any of the other fireworks shows they've done at DHS.

I'm prefacing with that to show that I'm far from a connoisseur of night time fireworks shows, but I wonder if part of the problem people have with the new shows (at least for some people) is the heavy focus on recent IP. People tend to have stronger connections to music from movies they watched as a kid, so for older fans (really anyone older than 25-30, which is a lot of people here) these soundtracks are less likely to resonate than the exact same show full of songs from 25+ years ago. Just throwing that out there as something to consider.

I really don't get re-recording most of the songs, though. They almost invariably sound worse than the original versions. I also don't really understand doing a new show for the 50th Anniversary that's just about Disney movies instead of the theme parks it's supposed to be celebrating.

Harmonious is a completely separate thing because that kind of IP show has no business in EPCOT, especially with the awful infrastructure.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Rewatching - HEA is clearly better. I appreciate this show that it’s mostly shells in the sky, like fantasy in the sky… great for viewing around the park …

but

My biggest complaint for the new show is a lack of castle pyro. It seems extremely scaled back in that regard. It really needs way more, and if anything, they should have taken a page from Disneyland’s 50th and added pyro around the hub / down main street.

wtyy21

Rewatching - HEA is clearly better. I appreciate this show that it’s mostly shells in the sky, like fantasy in the sky… great for viewing around the park …

but

My biggest complaint for the new show is a lack of castle pyro. It seems extremely scaled back in that regard. It really needs way more, and if anything, they should have taken a page from Disneyland’s 50th and added pyro around the hub / down main street.
Scaled back castle pyro has been happened at the MK since this year, and in Disneyland since 2019.

scottb411

I’m on the opposite side with both shows. Harm looks great, unique, and different with a lot of nods to the host countries of the IP at the park from my perspective. I am bringing the kids to MK next month and thought this show would have the classic songs (ie. Bibbidi, you can fly, got no strings, heigh ho, Supercali…, step in time, Winnie the Pooh, wish upon a star, happy un-birthday) but none of that. I can stop having the kids watch the classics on Disney plus since these songs are disappearing from the parks. I think they definitely messed up on the song selections for this show.

Last edited:

wtyy21

I haven't watched this or Harmonious because I don't really care much about the night time shows, with the exception of Illuminations which was tremendously good. I probably won't see them until I'm actually in the parks again, whenever that is. Happily Ever After was fine (my GF absolutely loved it and was very sad it was replaced), but it didn't really resonate with me. I've still never even seen Fantasmic or any of the other fireworks shows they've done at DHS.

I'm prefacing with that to show that I'm far from a connoisseur of night time fireworks shows. With that said, I wonder if part of the problem people have with the new shows (at least for some people) is the heavy focus on recent IP. People tend to have stronger connections to music from movies they watched as a kid, so for older fans (really anyone older than 25-30, which is a lot of people here) these soundtracks are less likely to resonate than the exact same show full of songs from 25+ years ago. Just throwing that out there as something to consider.

I really don't get re-recording most of the songs, though. They almost invariably sound worse than the original versions. I also don't really understand doing a new show for the 50th Anniversary that's just about Disney movies instead of the theme parks it's supposed to be celebrating.

Harmonious is a completely separate thing because that kind of IP show has no business in EPCOT, especially with the awful infrastructure.
It was supposed to actually celebrate Walt Disney World as whole.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom