News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

jaxonp

How great would it have been for this to be a limited-time show actually dedicated to WDW's history with attraction music for the 18 months of the 50th celebration and then it would revert back to HEA right after the celebration.

Still don't think Enchantment is necessarily bad. Definitely better than whatever's going on at Epcot.

It would be greater if they just went back to HEA with a limited time 50 anniversary tag at the end.

gerarar

Premium Member
Just rewatched the whole thing and it’s okay. Will take time to get used to. I just wished Tink’s reveal was better; it was such a pinnacle moment in HEA that I hoped would carry over to DE. I really like the “I am Moana”, which takes place before the finale reprise. It’s comparable to “Go the Distance” in HEA and is just as good imo. The start of the show however starts off with a huge bang, rather a slow build up like we’ve seen in HEA and Wishes. You would think the show ended already since it seemed finale-like.

Here’s the full show that I replayed which was taken near the castle; it shows the projections and fireworks really well, unlike Disney’s stream.

Smooth

1633059584584.png

Notes from Neverland

I knew Enchantment wouldn't be about the 50th, but I'm still:
  • Bummed this show could play in any Disney theme park and it'd fit perfectly. There's nothing really unique for WDW.
  • Disappointed there isn't a nod to any attractions or any history. Even a touch of Haunted Mansion music. Or even the infamous "If any of you folks are wearing hats or glasses, best remove em" line from Big Thunder before some chaotic fireworks. Or honor some old Imagineers with a quote from Walt if you really want to get nuts.
There's just so much you could do creatively to make the show unique while still keeping within the obvious mandate that requires all animated movies all the time in modern fireworks shows.

jpinkc

Just got shown a text from my daughter who follows various Disney vloggers and the Trackers were kinda down on the show. Surprised he would say anything negative.

rct247

I overall liked Enchantment. It had a great beginning and end. The middle was very meh. The castle looked stunning and the theme song really gave me the feels. It is not as exciting at Harmonious, but I liked it better than Harmonious. There were still some rough transitions and it stuck to the recipe. The story was more pronounced here, but was lost in the middle. I initially felt like I was going on that journey to reach this enchanted place "Almost There", but then it lost me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom