News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

gerarar

Premium Member
Soooooo......Where was this moment?
n13_disney_world_50th_disney_enchantment_rendering
That’s the scene where Tink flies.
The castle slowly turns to yellow as pixie dust slowly falls. This carries over to Main Street I assume. However the single arching pyro stream got cut it seems like.

4C02F610-0F13-497A-9025-EDFDD6D15B09.jpeg

Gif of Tink + pixie dust moment:
712C6F8B-DF5E-45D1-B919-1ADE86E81030.gif

mikejs78

Premium Member
I don't know how anyone can draw any kind of conclusion from watching the Livestream. It was horrible.

Now having said that I'll draw my own conclusion 🙂 - it seems good. I don't think it's better than HEA, but from what I've seen so far, it seems really good. As in if this came after Wishes I'd probably be very impressed.

I want to see a better stream that does service to the Main Street projections... And obviously see it in person before I decide completely on the quality of the show.

FigmentForever96

Twitter reaction is mixed but it appears to be better than Harmonious, which means it's at least got a shot at having people warm up to it.

On the other hand...

so dramatic 🙄 but I also remember people giving HEA crap when it debuted. I distinctly remember going at it with a poster with them saying it had less pyro and less of a punch than HEA. That’s back when I had enough care to respond back lol but the point being is it’s a cute show. It’s like a mix of Wishes musical scores with HEA tech. It’s no rehash of sound audio from rides to celebrate the 50th, but frankly not a fan of that method anyway.

wtyy21

I have a objective reason why Disney Enchantment is "celebrating" Disney movies instead of rides or shows past and present. For me, the reason is if Disney Enchantment is intended to celebrating WDW history past and present with showcasing attractions and shows as the original plan pre-pandemic, they need to utilize flamethrowers surround the Cinderella Castle because fire or flamethrower were so integral to some attraction scene. In Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland, they utilizing flamethrowers too heavily just for POTC ride scene, more so than HEA was for villain section despite having similar score of "He's a Pirate" (see scene from 6:04 to 7:28).

The similar scene were also happened in Remember... Dreams Come True, where fire were utilized too heavily in Sleeping Beauty Castle just for Indiana Jones scene.

Last edited:

waltography

I have a objective reason why Disney Enchantment is "celebrating" Disney movies instead of rides or shows past and present. For me, the reason is if Disney Enchantment is intended to celebrating WDW history past and present with showcasing attractions and shows as the original plan pre-pandemic, they need to utilize flamethrowers surround the Cinderella Castle because fire or flamethrower were so integral to some attraction scene. In Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland, they utilizing flamethrowers too heavily just for POTC ride scene, more so that HEA was for villain section despite having similar score of "He's a Pirate" (see scene from 6:04 to 7:28).

The similar scene were also happened in Remember... Dreams Come True, where fire were utilized too heavily in Sleeping Beauty Castle just for Indiana Jones scene.

Is there a problem with using fire in shows? I love these sections, especially in World of Color where you can feel the heat on your face as it dries up the mist from the water.

Flamethrowers are a crowdpleaser - I've yet to see a show where they come out and people don't ooh and ahh at them.

mickeysaver

WARNING: My truths are enclosed. If you don't want to know what I think, pass right on over. If you want the good, the bad, and the ugly, then feel free

Ok, so for reference, I am one of those people that still feels that Wishes! was probably the best day in and day out fireworks/nighttime entertainment production that has ever been put on at WDW. Last night, I watched Harmonious, fully expecting to hate it as much as I hated HEA. I was pleasantly surprised and found that it was not what I necessarily wanted to see at EPCOT, but it was a far better experience than what I felt that IllumiNations had become by the end of it's run. It had me in sentimental tears at points, so it did a fine job of making this almost 54 year old sap happy.

So, it was with high hopes that I came into this evening's show. I mean Kite Tails was the worst of the new stuff, right?! I am sad to say that Kite Tails made DE look bad in comparison if you were comparing Kite Tails as a show vs. just ambience.

Where was there ANYTHING for the kids in that show that I just watched? There was NOTHING authentic about any of it with the exception of the narration. The songs were not good either in the sounds of the music or in the whoever the heck it was murdering the lyrics. Who decided that any of that was entertaining? I think it was quite possibly the worst night time entertainment show that I have seen on Disney property. I think that DEA was better and I hated DEA. I think that Fantasmic was better and I saw Fantasmic only once, because I just was not impressed with it when I first stayed for the show back in 2003. I think that the Rivers of Light was better than DE was. Granted, I was watching RoL from a bridge and freezing my butt off with my now ex-wife being far less than magical about anything and EVEN she was more magical than DE.

This show is the absolute worst. If Disney is trying to convince people to go home now, or not to spend time waiting for fireworks and keep on riding the rides, they they did the right thing, but for me, it makes it even harder to talk myself into following through on my plans to move back to FL so that I can enjoy the parks, because, I am a fireworks junkie. I am a pixie dust junkie and speaking of pixie dust....what was up with the super uneventful and totally yawnable placement of Tink's flight?! They could have skipped it entirely and it would not have been missed. Seriously!

The magic is inside of you. No kidding, because the show is completely devoid of magic. It's bad when you have to tell the audience that they just paid for an entire day's worth of entertainment and at the end of the day, you changed the story, painfully so, to prove the magic is inside of them, but you got their cash so. so long suckers!

hpyhnt 1000

Ah, Disney live streams. They try and try and find yet new ways to screw it up. Bless them.

After seeing some other YouTuber videos, Enchantment is... fine, maybe a lateral to half step back from HEA. It was sort of like watching a cover band perform HEA's greatest hits. Everything is there but it's all just a bit different and doesn't quite live up to the original.

I suspect if you've seen and loved HEA, you'll be disappointed. If you're a first timer or average guest with no connection to HEA, you'll probably have a more favorable opinion. And even though we've known this for a while, it's still disappointing there's nothing WDW 50th specific about it. But that's been analyzed many times over so I won't belabor the point.

At least Enchantment is better than the mess that is Harmonious over at EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom