News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

aladdin2007

I will believe it when I see it. People here have said that Disney is concerned about guest satisfaction in regards to Genie+. Last I heard they decided the money coming in is more important.

IMO if they really cared about what the unfavorable wanted D23 wouldn't have been so lackluster.
until a new and better leadership/management come in I don't see things improving too much, but I dont see that happening at all, unfortunately. Yes its good they are doing something about enchantment and the mistake on the lake, my hope is they are waking up and smelling some coffee again, but the epic fail of the 50th is just unforgivable. The arrogance of leadership after D23, and the messed up blunders with Epcot does not make my hope anywhere near golden.

Disney Glimpses

AFAIK, MS projections was one of the handful of reasons bringing back HEA was difficult. Guests now expect MS projections (as they do castle projections). It's why Wishes will never return outside of a potential one off for CMs or some other special event.

gerarar

Premium Member
AFAIK, MS projections was one of the handful of reasons bringing back HEA was difficult. Guests now expect MS projections (as they do castle projections). It's why Wishes will never return outside of a potential one off for CMs or some other special event.
It's not like they added projections to MNSSS and MWCTF (so far). But for a nightly show, it is an expectation now, probably.

Jrb1979

While it's great to see these things coming back, it does nothing for me. The bonus it makes riding more rides easier as lines are shorter.

TTA94

Meh I mean if the MS projections looked like Disneylands then I’d say 100% yes there’s no going back now lol. If anything I’d say the fans are expecting improvements to the MS projections for HEA.

ToTBellHop

Meh I mean if the MS projections looked like Disneylands then I’d say 100% yes there’s no going back now lol. If anything I’d say the fans are expecting improvements to the MS projections for HEA.
No worries, the 4th graders at Apple Pie Elementary School who made the DE projections are now 6th graders at East Cupcake Middle School and bring a lot of additional knowledge to the table as they get to work on the new HEA projections.

1663958460040.jpeg

You got this, Timothy! This is your year!

Starship824

In the Parks
No
No worries, the 4th graders at Apple Pie Elementary School who made the DE projections are now 6th graders at East Cupcake Middle School and bring a lot of additional knowledge to the table as they get to work on the new HEA projections.

View attachment 668689

You got this, Timothy! This is your year!
Although all jokes aside the reason the projections for enchantment are is bad is cause they clearly didn’t have enough time to work on them

yensidtlaw1969

It’s not logic. They are hyper-sensitive to guest reviews right now due to the 50th. They are listening to us far more than I’ve seen in the past. We shall see what the long term impact is.
I'm glad to hear they're listening, but I can't help but worry a little - as I've said before, Disney has a bad habit of learning the wrong lesson from feedback.

Wasn't it floated somewhere that after the poor response to the 50th they were considering that the answer might be to just not celebrate anniversaries anymore? When the obvious answer would of course be to celebrate them, but just do them well??

RSoxNo1

It’s not logic. They are hyper-sensitive to guest reviews right now due to the 50th. They are listening to us far more than I’ve seen in the past. We shall see what the long term impact is.
Then how do you explain the Parks and Resorts presentation?

How do you explain multiple iterations of setting fans up for a bigger announcement only to be let down with a meet and greet? They literally did that 4 times in that presentation. They're not listening, they're opting for entertainment changes because they're the easiest and cheapest thing to do. They are doing less than the bare minimum.

JoeCamel

How do you explain multiple iterations of setting fans up for a bigger announcement only to be let down with a meet and greet? They literally did that 4 times in that presentation. They're not listening, they're opting for entertainment changes because they're the easiest and cheapest thing to do. They are doing less than the bare minimum.
They probably are listening but doing is a different thing

ToTBellHop

D’Amaro can only adjust things he’s empowered to adjust. Entertainment changes are easier (especially when Paycheck stuck his nose into Harm and it flopped) but new lands come from Chappie. But the reason they are even trying to sell him on MK additions and Dinoland changes is due to guest commentary.

It would be cheaper to do nothing like the 2005-2015 interval. Remember: the plan was to have us enjoy Harm and DE for a decade or more. They are spending money because we are unhappy. I don’t as easily discount that as some do. Chappie has serious hubris yet here we are.

Jrb1979

D’Amaro can only adjust things he’s empowered to adjust. Entertainment changes are easier (especially when Paycheck stuck his nose into Harm and it flopped) but new lands come from Chappie. But the reason they are even trying to sell him on MK additions and Dinoland changes is due to guest commentary.

It would be cheaper to do nothing like the 2005-2015 interval. Remember: the plan was to have us enjoy Harm and DE for a decade or more. They are spending money because we are unhappy. I don’t as easily discount that as some do. Chappie has serious hubris yet here we are.
The fact they have to sell Lex Luthor on additions says a lot. I don't doubt some new additions will come but I can guarantee it will be cut down from what they showed off

ToTBellHop

The fact they have to sell Lex Luthor on additions says a lot. I don't doubt some new additions will come but I can guarantee it will be cut down from what they showed off
Oh, of course. We all know what happens to phase 2. Pandora is immensely-popular yet its phase 2 gets canceled for a Moana log flume?

I wish Villain land were phase 1…

Jrb1979

Oh, of course. We all know what happens to phase 2. Pandora is immensely-popular yet its phase 2 gets canceled for a Moana log flume?

I wish Villain land were phase 1…
It's what I don't get. You have the people that work in the parks that know guest satisfaction is low and they need to do something about it. When it gets back to the top they don't care A good example is Genie+. It was mentioned many times that they know guest satisfaction is low for it yet they don't want to do much about cause they love to money that comes in from it.

There is such a disconnect between the top and those that work in the parks. Cause of that it's hard to get excited for any of these Blue sky announcements. They have become a very different company in the last few years and not in a good way.

gerarar

Premium Member
Pyro update:
Rejoice! Some major pyro changes finally happened to the finale about a week ago.

Those (cheap) horse tails have finally been replaced with some nice regular shells (3 exact replacements). This happens during the "Wherever you go, you have it" part. There were no other changes I noticed afaik.

Here's a short comparison video I made of the two showings on September 22 and 26 respectively.
The change occurred on the 24th since there was MNSSHP on the 23rd and 25th.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Pyro update:
Rejoice! Some major pyro changes finally happened to the finale about a week ago.

Those (cheap) horse tails have finally been replaced with some nice regular shells (3 exact replacements). This happens during the "Wherever you go, you have it" part. There were no other changes I noticed afaik.

Here's a short comparison video I made of the two showings on September 22 and 26 respectively.
The change occurred on the 24th since there was MNSSHP on the 23rd and 25th.

Honestly, I think it looked better before the Fireworks had a lot more sparkles to them

gerarar

Premium Member
Honestly, I think it looked better before the Fireworks had a lot more sparkles to them
The horse tails actually used to sparkle and had a crackle to them, and were also larger!, when they first switched to them. Eventually they got replaced with the ex-current ones where they don't sparkle. As for the rest, it looks like the same shells. Sparkles don't show up well on livestreams, especially the compressed video above.

Edit: I see what you're saying now. On the last "You Are The Magicccc", those 3 shells use to sparkle. I think they often swap those out depending on what they have.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom