News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

Disney Glimpses

Disney has clearly made significant changes to Disney Enchantment over the last few weeks. I hope that is a damage control effort and not an effort to permanently "fix" the show.

In all my years going to Disney, I have never seen guests so universally agree on something that would cost the company next to nothing to do. Even after Happily Ever After replaced Wishes, guests were immediately split. This is not even close and their surveys are reflective of that. They know it as well.

So with that, I would be really surprised if it didn't return. But I still have concerns their ego is going to guide them here.

jrhwdw

Disney has clearly made significant changes to Disney Enchantment over the last few weeks. I hope that is a damage control effort and not an effort to permanently "fix" the show.

In all my years going to Disney, I have never seen guests so universally agree on something that would cost the company next to nothing to do. Even after Happily Ever After replaced Wishes, guests were immediately split. This is not even close and their surveys are reflective of that. They know it as well.

So with that, I would be really surprised if it didn't return. But I still have concerns their ego is going to guide them here.
An easy and immediate fix could be a change in narration for the "Real" 50th Edititon of Enchantment that CMs got and show that nightly!

jrhwdw

If HEA 2023 really is MK's Plan.......Would be nice if HEA Makes May 12th or Before May 12th............Honestly!!!!!!

Sorry! One of those Days!!!! Sigh!!!!!! Sure ain't May 2017 anymore!

DCBaker

Premium Member
FWIW- Just an observation… There’s a difference between the content in this announcement and past announcements that pertained to testing. In the past, it appears there’s a trend where testing announcements provided a time range. This announcement for 5/18 has a very specific time. I believe blogmickey is making an assumption on this being “testing” when it very well may not be.

Also the Extended Evening Hours at Magic Kingdom happened last night instead of tonight (Wednesday) when they have typically been scheduled.

wtyy21

What actually happened last night?!?!
They testing Enchantment but with few firework changes, particularly the finale.

Don't surprise if they doesn't test 4th of July fireworks given that they expected to only conduct firework testing in late-June or early-July (some perimeter fireworks are likely be cut due to Enchantment, in similar situation to NYE fireworks).

ToTBellHop

They testing Enchantment but with few firework changes, particularly the finale.

Don't surprise if they doesn't test 4th of July fireworks given that they expected to only conduct firework testing in late-June or early-July (some perimeter fireworks are likely be cut due to Enchantment, in similar situation to NYE fireworks).

Finally getting there on the finale.

ToTBellHop

AFAIK these are just efforts to improve ratings but they still don’t intend to keep this show long term.

Interpret as you will, but “Happily Ever After” was added back to the mix on Disney Hits on SiriusXD. You won’t hear Wishes or SpectroMagic playing…

jrhwdw

AFAIK these are just efforts to improve ratings but they still don’t intend to keep this show long term.

Interpret as you will, but “Happily Ever After” was added back to the mix on Disney Hits on SiriusXD. You won’t hear Wishes or SpectroMagic playing…
That's a thing to go on????

Comped

All I know is that they aren't planning on keeping the show long-term, I've heard what they could possibly replace it with but I'm not sure if it's safe to mention possibilities at this point. Besides HEA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom