"Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland" Anyone know?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
These events don't really bother me since they would have no effect on my vacation what so ever.
Seriously, what the heck is wrong with people? Disney can't FORCE anyone to buy an upcharge product. If this doesn't appeal to you, then don't do it. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape, or form. Especially considering this is listed under Dining, of course it's "upcharge." Otherwise it would be what, free food?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Seriously, what the heck is wrong with people? Disney can't FORCE anyone to buy an upcharge product. If this doesn't appeal to you, then don't do it. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape, or form. Especially considering this is listed under Dining, of course it's "upcharge." Otherwise it would be what, free food?

However, that Disney is cutting costs via things that will impact a visitor, like fewer M&Gs, front-line CMs, etc., all while adding new fees and the proliferation of hard ticketed and upcharged events is starting to raise a few eyebrows.....

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
However, that Disney is cutting costs via things that will impact a visitor, like fewer M&Gs, front-line CMs, etc., all while adding new fees and the proliferation of hard ticketed and upcharged events is starting to raise a few eyebrows.....
How long ago was it when one of the more frequent complaints around here was "too many meet and greets"? I'd wager maybe three months ago. Now it's too few? Got it.

djkidkaz

I think the posters on this board just look at it as the evil corporation nickel and diming people to make money any way they can. But I don't really see the difference between something like eat breakfast in the hub compared to say going fishing early morning in bay lake and throw the fish back which they've been doing for years! People fishing has no bearing on my vacation and are usually done before I even get up for the day. This is the same thing as by the time you enter MK it will seem as if no one had been there.

HRHPrincessAriel

These events don't really bother me since they would have no effect on my vacation what so ever. I think the idea of being able to eat in the hub before open is actually kinda cool. These are those little things that can make for a nice surprise for a husband and wife celebrating an anniversary or whatever. Anyone coming to WDW is going to already have a park hopper so your basically paying for a fancy breakfast, probably with some characters and having the Hub to "yourself" for a little while.
Same. So far it doesn't seem like they are closing park down early to accommodate the after hours thing. We also don't have details on this either. If they start closing the park midday of hours early regularly I'll be upset. Right now these don't mess with me anymore than a corporate event.

If people want to spend their $ on it Hous for them. I won't be.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
How long ago was it when one of the more frequent complaints around here was "too many meet and greets"? I'd wager maybe three months ago. Now it's too few? Got it.

Over on the thread discussing the new After Hours event in MK, one poster was hoping that the $150 ticket would include some rare character M&Gs, so yes, for some visitors, M&Gs are important. Me? I'm not a big fan. Just pointing out those cost cutting changes that may impact guests' experiences.

lebeau

Personally I'd much rather have the extra entitlements. Everyone knows that the park with EMH is the park to avoid for the day since it creates a large increase in attendance for that park. Also I could never stay up that late anyways to make it worthwhile for me. But give me 2 extra fast passes a day and I'm golden. Imagine not waiting for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Mine train and Peter Pan. That basically covers all the huge lines, with everything else being relatively short lines or walk on. I think where you would see the effect is not being able to ride Space Mountain over and over like you can at 1am.

Seconded. We avoid EMH like the plague. But I'd be pretty happy with extra FPs. I'd make that trade-off with a smile.

lebeau

You understand that people are concerned about Disney reducing park hours or EMH for this sort of thing. And before you say that is unfounded, it was documented in another thread that Disney has reduced evening hours from April of 2015 to accommodate the After Hours upcharge event. So it's not an unreasonable concern in light or recent events.

lebeau

Again, you're being disingenuous. You know good and well that the "too many meet and greets" complaint was really a complaint about Disney investing in meet and greets over rides. I'm not picking a side in that argument, but it didn't stem from a desire to have fewer meet and greets offered. It came from a desire for more rides.

NYwdwfan

Saw this on Disney's website just now. It is listed with everything else under MK dining. It does not let you click on it, but it is there. It is called Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland. Never heard anything about it. I am almost afraid to know the details lol :greedy:

Anyone know of it?? Wasn't sure if this should be in Restaurants & Dining or here. Please move if needed.

View attachment 134987

I get the feeling this is not supposed to be showing up yet...the photo has a watermark that says "content entry placeholder fpo".

asianway

"A new dining event for those who want to experience the best of the Magic Kingdom. A table in the Hub before the Park opens so you can eat with Walt and Mickey" and hundreds of your feathered friends......

Oh, and it will be an additional $79 on top of park admission and meal cost to get in....
That actually sounds delightful. I'm hearing this is nothing so elaborate. Wait for it

danv3

Not sure how people are concluding that these events don't affect them. Evening park hours in this April and May are reduced as compared to 2015. That is an impact on every guest whether you pay to go to the evening event or not. Morning hours aren't impacted yet, but if EMH do go away (which would hardly be surprising) then all on-property guests are negatively impacted.

ToTBellHop

Not sure how people are concluding that these events don't affect them. Evening park hours in this April and May are reduced as compared to 2015. That is an impact on every guest whether you pay to go to the evening event or not. Morning hours aren't impacted yet, but if EMH do go away (which would hardly be surprising) then all on-property guests are negatively impacted.
They won't go away but they have already been reduced, which affects us. Even in busy times, one morning EMH per week at MK?

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Yes, I just looked and last year the entire months of April and May, MK closed between 11pm (the earliest) and 1am. On these select after hours nights, the park closes at 10 or 11pm.

JohnByers

I wonder if the small percentage of those who are such big fans and come on here to complain even make a blip on Disney's radar?

Nope, I actually don't think so. The only way anyone who is tired of what they perceive as a loss of value/dollar at Disney will ever make noise is to stop spending their money with Disney. But with record attendances I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Donfan

How is this different from the Donald's Breakfast that they had in the Animal Kingdom for years? We ate there several times and really enjoyed it. Sure, it cost money, but breakfast anywhere costs money. This way, we got to have a little Disney entertainment with breakfast as well as some pretty good food.

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
How is this different from the Donald's Breakfast that they had in the Animal Kingdom for years? We ate there several times and really enjoyed it. Sure, it cost money, but breakfast anywhere costs money. This way, we got to have a little Disney entertainment with breakfast as well as some pretty good food.
The only thing we know is the name so far. I honestly was just wondering if anyone did know anything else. If it is some kind of breakfast (which it must be since it is under dining), I wonder how different it will be to the already pre-park opening breakfasts in MK. It says Fantasyland, so that's what makes me curious about the what and where of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom