"Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland" Anyone know?

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Saw this on Disney's website just now. It is listed with everything else under MK dining. It does not let you click on it, but it is there. It is called Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland. Never heard anything about it. I am almost afraid to know the details lol :greedy:

Anyone know of it?? Wasn't sure if this should be in Restaurants & Dining or here. Please move if needed.

upload_2016-3-23_6-25-32.png

Lirael

Oh boy, here comes the next cash grab. I mean, uh, the next totally value experience disney will be kind enough to bestow on us!

Seriously, considering After Hours, this is Early Morning Magic probably yet another paid event. Maybe since it's under dining you won't get rides open, but pay an exhorbitant fixed price to eat on some restaurants.

PhotoDave219

Saw this on Disney's website just now. It is listed with everything else under MK dining. It does not let you click on it, but it is there. It is called Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland. Never heard anything about it. I am almost afraid to know the details lol :greedy:

Anyone know of it?? Wasn't sure if this should be in Restaurants & Dining or here. Please move if needed.

View attachment 134987

Great catch

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Nothing surprises me about Disney anymore.Spirit has been warning us for several years now about this seemingly endless stream of up-charges to cover Iger's behind. The Disney my kids grew up with and that I loved so much is gone.
I know exactly what you mean. I have been going to WDW since 1992 and I miss the good old days. They just keep thinking of things to make money on, and I get it, it is a business.. but when is enough, enough?

Lirael

I know exactly what you mean. I have been going to WDW since 1992 and I miss the good old days. They just keep thinking of things to make money on, and I get it, it is a business.. but when is enough, enough?

They'll stop when it starts hurting them. But as seen on the After Hours thread, people are still willing to defend and bleed money for them. This morning thing will be the same.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
"A new dining event for those who want to experience the best of the Magic Kingdom. A table in the Hub before the Park opens so you can eat with Walt and Mickey" and hundreds of your feathered friends......

Oh, and it will be an additional $79 on top of park admission and meal cost to get in....

danv3

EMH is toast

Yep.

So now in addition to paying a resort fee for things that were previously complementary, Disney is going to take away an expensive to provide benefit (EMH) and potentially replace it with a free to provide benefit (more FP+ entitlements), and then sell a slimmed down version of EMH to suckers.

Win win for the company...but what do you do to beat it in the next quarter and the one after that? That's the real concern.

djkidkaz

These events don't really bother me since they would have no effect on my vacation what so ever. I think the idea of being able to eat in the hub before open is actually kinda cool. These are those little things that can make for a nice surprise for a husband and wife celebrating an anniversary or whatever. Anyone coming to WDW is going to already have a park hopper so your basically paying for a fancy breakfast, probably with some characters and having the Hub to "yourself" for a little while.

mikeh

"A new dining event for those who want to experience the best of the Magic Kingdom. A table in the Hub before the Park opens so you can eat with Walt and Mickey" and hundreds of your feathered friends......

Oh, and it will be an additional $79 on top of park admission and meal cost to get in....

Is this from the Hub or speculation?

djkidkaz

Yep.

So now in addition to paying a resort fee for things that were previously complementary, Disney is going to take away an expensive to provide benefit (EMH) and potentially replace it with a free to provide benefit (more FP+ entitlements), and then sell a slimmed down version of EMH to suckers.

Win win for the company...but what do you do to beat it in the next quarter and the one after that? That's the real concern.

Personally I'd much rather have the extra entitlements. Everyone knows that the park with EMH is the park to avoid for the day since it creates a large increase in attendance for that park. Also I could never stay up that late anyways to make it worthwhile for me. But give me 2 extra fast passes a day and I'm golden. Imagine not waiting for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Mine train and Peter Pan. That basically covers all the huge lines, with everything else being relatively short lines or walk on. I think where you would see the effect is not being able to ride Space Mountain over and over like you can at 1am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom