News Disney Early Morning Magic comes to Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dave B

Maybe I'm just really dumb, but can someone please explain to me how anyone is worse as a result of this offering? This is not replacing anything. Standard park opening time is 9am, and there is no indication that this will replace EMH. So it's either TSL sits unused between 730 and 845 on these days, or this.

No, this does not solve all of Disney's problems. It doesn't fix the fact that DHS needs more offerings. But, again, this is not coming at anything else's expense. Had Disney announced that they would be canceling SWGE and offering this event in its stead, I could understand people being up in arms. But that's just not the case here. For those people who don't find this event to be worth the exorbitant price, myself included, they can continue to live their lives exactly as they would have had this event never existed. I am no Disney apologist, but Disney making money on something is not inherently bad.
This x 100000000 again

Dave B

Except for the fact that now, if you're a regular guest, getting to the park at opening no longer helps you avoid the enormous lines for TSL. It will already be crowded when you are allowed in. Yeah, it's a bit of a First World Problem, but it's still taking something away from the regular guest. Not that it hasn't been the case for a long time with Extra Magic Hours and off-site guests. It's just another sign that Disney will find a way to monetize everything it can, even if it means taking something away from those who are unable to pay the extra money.
2 days a week, its not everyday

erasure fan1

Maybe I'm just really dumb, but can someone please explain to me how anyone is worse as a result of this offering?
No one is worse off because of this, right now. I see the implications that this type of offering can have. This type of sub-par offering is getting people used to the idea of paying extra for areas in the park. I see this rearing its ugly head with galaxies edge next but in a much more intrusive way. So that is why I think a lot of people are upset with this. Disney built another land that can't meet demand, so hey lets capitalize off that by charging extra. And sure, they are a business, they can capitalize on what they want. It's just bad form in my opinion.

Unplugged

No one is worse off because of this, right now. I see the implications that this type of offering can have. This type of sub-par offering is getting people used to the idea of paying extra for areas in the park. I see this rearing its ugly head with galaxies edge next but in a much more intrusive way. So that is why I think a lot of people are upset with this. Disney built another land that can't meet demand, so hey lets capitalize off that by charging extra. And sure, they are a business, they can capitalize on what they want. It's just bad form in my opinion.

You've certainly touched on one of the concerns I've had, but didn't express in a prior post. Disney has been experimenting all over WDW with their intents for Galaxy, right under our noses. But much is masked in subtle ways so we don't realize what they're up to. I 100% agree with your thought as a likely possibility. Considering they have not yet broke ground on the SW Resort/Experience, I would venture to say they will offer the interactive experience within the land as an upcharge to those not staying in the SW Resort. (Can I even call that hotel a resort as it's supposed to be a self-contained space craft?!? ) The other possibility is to have a hard ticket event at night which would be easier to manage, allow for "private hours", a more interactive experince or special mini shows, and a cup cake or two.

21stamps

And btw.. “special” “unique” “upcharge” experiences aren’t a Disney thing. You can find them everywhere. From concerts, to planes, to resorts, to amusement parks, to $20 per day “premium parking” at a darn kid’s soccer tournament at fields in the middle of nowhere.

There is a huge market for convenience, whether you ever want to look at reality or not. It’s there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You've certainly touched on one of the concerns I've had, but didn't express in a prior post. Disney has been experimenting all over WDW with their intents for Galaxy, right under our noses. But much is masked in subtle ways so we don't realize what they're up to. I 100% agree with your thought as a likely possibility. Considering they have not yet broke ground on the SW Resort/Experience, I would venture to say they will offer the interactive experience within the land as an upcharge to those not staying in the SW Resort. (Can I even call that hotel a resort as it's supposed to be a self-contained space craft?!? ) The other possibility is to have a hard ticket event at night which would be easier to manage, allow for "private hours", a more interactive experince or special mini shows, and a cup cake or two.

I agree they’ve been doing “ghost recon” for quite awhile to put in place a system of systematic upsell. The consumers are doing nothing to stop it.

The problem with a straight upsell Star Wars land is that they can’t do it in Anaheim - unless they build the spaceship hotel on the ramp to the 5 - so the are a bit limited in how restrictive Orlando can be.

That is probably the only good thing about matching lands

erasure fan1

And btw.. “special” “unique” “upcharge” experiences aren’t a Disney thing. You can find them everywhere. From concerts, to planes, to resorts, to amusement parks, to $20 per day “premium parking” at a darn kid’s soccer tournament at fields in the middle of nowhere.

There is a huge market for convenience, whether you ever want to look at reality or not. It’s there.
You are correct, Disney isn't the only one with upcharge events. Value is one of the big issues, and that is a subjective thing. I just don't see the value in this offering. Maybe this was the plan all along, under build so they can charge extra and act like they are doing us a favor. I see this pointing towards things like paid fastpasses, priority land entry...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I actually agree with you here...no denying the demand.

It’s a direct result of increasing entitlement, overscheduling and a good bit of lazy habit.

...now what were we discussing again? Disney...was it?

Last edited:

kong1802

You are correct, Disney isn't the only one with upcharge events. Value is one of the big issues, and that is a subjective thing. I just don't see the value in this offering. Maybe this was the plan all along, under build so they can charge extra and act like they are doing us a favor. I see this pointing towards things like paid fastpasses, priority land entry...

This got me thinking about why the new lands are going in with just one headliner and one very subpar ride. If they built two or three "must do's" then, most likely, the 1 ride wouldn't see the crush that FOP, 7DMT, and SDD see.. If they don't have that crush, then the demand for CL Fp's aren't there, demand for 60 days isn't there, demand for paid "magic" isn't there.......

Just another "crazy Disney hater" theory.....Feel free to dismiss...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This got me thinking about why the new lands are going in with just one headliner and one very subpar ride. If they built two or three "must do's" then, most likely, the 1 ride wouldn't see the crush that FOP, 7DMT, and SDD see.. If they don't have that crush, then the demand for CL Fp's aren't there, demand for 60 days isn't there, demand for paid "magic" isn't there.......

Just another "crazy Disney hater" theory.....Feel free to dismiss...

It’s possible. They for sure aren’t “overbuilding”. But I think they just aren’t that smart...I think it’s about throwing around big cap ex numbers to book packages without spending that much.

Call me cynical 😎

21stamps

I actually agree with you here...no denying the demand.

It’s a direct result of increasing entitlement, overscheduling and a good bit of lazy habit.

...now what were we discussing again? Disney...was it?

You can’t look at Disney in a vacuum. People go to Disney. People who are offered up charges and convenience at all of their entertainment venues and vacation destinations.

Disney is providing a product that has been proven to be a “want” by consumers.

You continually get so angry at Disney, but you have to look at why they’re doing it, this is what you always refuse to consider. It’s offered because people want it.
I will pay for convenience, I will pay for something unique- if it’s a value to me.
MK Early Morning Magic is a value to me, the Star Wars upcharge at HS is a value me, a holiday desert party at HS- of value to me. MK dessert party- not so much. Early Morning Magic at HS Toy Story- not of value to me.
However, I realize that just because something Doesn’t hold value with me, it probably does hold value for someone else.

The beauty of the new-ish trend of customization of entertainment at any venue, is that people have so many choices. They can tailor those choices however they wish. Even refusing all of them. I don’t understand the anger or confusion in that.

21stamps

It’s ok that you don’t see value. But it might be another family’s best morning of their trip.

We’re all different, not everyone is going to find value in every offering.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can’t look at Disney in a vacuum. People go to Disney. People who are offered up charges and convenience at all of their entertainment venues and vacation destinations.

Disney is providing a product that has been proven to be a “want” by consumers.

You continually get so angry at Disney, but you have to look at why they’re doing it, this is what you always refuse to consider. It’s offered because people want it.
I will pay for convenience, I will pay for something unique- if it’s a value to me.
MK Early Morning Magic is a value to me, the Star Wars upcharge at HS is a value me, a holiday desert party at HS- of value to me. MK dessert party- not so much. Early Morning Magic at HS Toy Story- not of value to me.
However, I realize that just because something Doesn’t hold value with me, it probably does hold value for someone else.

The beauty of the new-ish trend of customization of entertainment at any venue, is that people have so many choices. They can tailor those choices however they wish. Even refusing all of them. I don’t understand the anger or confusion in that.

I don’t get angry at Disney. It would be like getting angry at the back of my hand.

No confusion either.

A slight sense of frustration towards the consumer at times, perhaps.

You have yet to show any concept of the reality that all that “free choice” of the little boys and girls and “custom tailoring” leads TWDC to formulate strategies and pricing that affect everyone. Everyone. Some results are obvious...others take time and build on each other.

I am personally worried about the affects of this pay raise though...$15 an hour for someone working a $60 a pop character buffet must be very unsettling/appalling to many. What if the price goes up $0.50? Some people have to have the Range Rover serviced AND pay for lacrosse camp!

Disney is so reckless here. I would hate for anyone’s alimony payments to go up to compensate.

21stamps

Please stop dragging this thread into yet another "Well, I see value in..." rabbit hole.

The thread is about an upcharge. Some people will see value and pay for it. Some people won’t see value and will not pay for it.

Value Perception is the key ingredient when looking at any purchase of a luxury (as in non essential) item.
I don’t get angry at Disney. It would be like getting angry at the back of my hand.

No confusion either.

A slight sense of frustration towards the consumer at times, perhaps.

You have yet to show any concept of the reality that all that “free choice” of the little boys and girls and “custom tailoring” leads TWDC to formulate strategies and pricing that affect everyone. Everyone. Some results are obvious...others take time and build on each other.

I am personally worried about the affects of this pay raise though...$15 an hour for someone working a $60 a pop character buffet must be very unsettling/appalling to many. What if the price goes up $0.50? Some people have to have the Range Rover serviced AND pay for lacrosse camp!

Disney is so reckless here. I would hate for anyone’s alimony payments to go up to compensate.

This is the entire entertainment/travel industry. Do you understand that? A LOT of people travel elsewhere besides WDW.. these people are accustomed to being offered choices. You’re disappointed in consumers/people in general.. it has nothing to do with pixie dust, apologist, or anything else.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is the entire entertainment/travel industry. Do you understand that? A LOT of people travel elsewhere besides WDW.. these people are accustomed to being offered choices. You’re disappointed in consumers/people in general.. it has nothing to do with pixie dust, apologist, or anything else.

A shift in operational strategy and acceptance is entirely dependable on “relative dust intoxication” (RDI). 110%. That is disney...much more than “other travel”

...now If you’ll excuse me...I have to go pack the car for a weekend travel soccer tournament.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom