News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

TTA94

I heard crowd control last night was terrible. I spoke with multiple guests today that said it was so crowded that they felt unsafe. I wonder how they can improve upon this.

Not the least bit surprised people felt unsafe. DS is definitely questionable when it comes to safely IMO. Not really sure how they can improve on that to be honest.

trainplane3

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to why it's only scheduled to run for the summer. Why not make it a full-time offering?
It's to counter the slower crowds in the summer, give people a reason to go to DS. It was stated earlier in the threads the DS tenants aren't happy with their sales lately.

Grantwil93

Well after seeing the mass of humanity..... The main drag at Disney Springs was a sardine can of humans for a solid 30 minutes after the 9pm show AND so I loitered. Got to my car at 9:45ish and did not get out of the Orange Garage until 10:30. Phew!

I am sure they will get better at this and more then that this IS a holiday weekend.

But all that said I guess the temporary nature of this show is, due to this being more of a proof of concept then anything else.
If anything, I'm betting they do a Halloween show and then a Christmas show.

I think building this here is to do what you said, prove the concept, boost DS attendance by locals and tourists alike, and create a team and give them experience. That way, if they incorporate a drone show into the parks, all they have to do is move it over.

I'm predicting that after DAK finishes all it's construction, the Asia amphitheater will get a drone show and DAK will increase its hours to accommodate having a show. Only Africa(except Tusker House) and the trails would close early. Mufasa in the night sky is too perfect an application not to do.

Disone

If anything, I'm betting they do a Halloween show and then a Christmas show.

I think building this here is to do what you said, prove the concept, boost DS attendance by locals and tourists alike, and create a team and give them experience. That way, if they incorporate a drone show into the parks, all they have to do is move it over.

I'm predicting that after DAK finishes all it's construction, the Asia amphitheater will get a drone show and DAK will increase its hours to accommodate having a show. Only Africa(except Tusker House) and the trails would close early. Mufasa in the night sky is too perfect an application not to do.
A Halloween and Christmas drone show.... I'm all in. Let's start the writing campaign now!

I know they've done a Christmas drone show before and I saw it a couple of times . It was cute.

It's neat to see how the technology has advanced since then.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ok… who is it that appears at 8:59 in the wdwmagic video?

CntrlFlPete

I see a lot of people talking about how they wish certain characters were in the show.. while I would like to see them, it’s called “Dreams that Soar”, the whole show is characters that soar.

to me, it suggest that it is Dream 'that soar' -- should be about characters that have big dreams.

Serverfarm

Straight on the drone show looked awesome! The Side not so much, but that's the same for all of these types of shows. That's why it looks good next to Sleeping Beauty Castle and Tower of Terror in Paris.
Bingo. A lot of these drone shows are programmed with a 2D "front stage". Always told imagineers you need have the audience or live actors (think sorcerer mickey 😎) at center stage and surround them with drones for a storyline, super magical to guests. The tech today is 10x better than 2016 (and 10x the costs) and 10x more than 2012 that it's doable today. But 4 easy "wins" to put a show in DS: area show lighting from 2016 already in place, outside no-fly zone (also 1/4 DAK and the parking lot of DHS are outside too), stores happy/more foot traffic due to inflation woes, and the big win: its sponsored! (lirc AT&T foot the bill).
Looks like its 200ft further away from the 2016 show, likely to prevent the shenanigans that happened then (and Pandora opening night).

Last edited:

Brian

Here tonight after going to DAK. It is the busiest I have ever seen DS. Orange and Lime garages are full so I had to park in Grapefruit! I’ve never had to do that before. I plan on seeing the later show. The 9:00 show has not yet started.
Yeah, I've been hearing anecdotal reports that it's taking upwards of 45 minutes to get out of the Orange and Lime garages after the 9pm show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom