News 'Disney Dreams That Soar' Drone show coming to Walt Disney World this summer

spectromagic04

Disney probably shouldn’t invest too much into Drone only shows for the parks. Drones are unreliable with even the slightest wind the show gets canceled. It’s fine if the have a B mode or have it as a secondary show.

Squishy

Disney probably shouldn’t invest too much into Drone only shows for the parks. Drones are unreliable with even the slightest wind the show gets canceled. It’s fine if the have a B mode or have it as a secondary show.
Funny enough they can withstand more wind than Disneyland's fireworks. The ones in springs are modified parrot anifi drones which can resist winds up to 31 mph but with multiple drones being crammed next to each other it gets reduced to 18mph max wind.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Funny enough they can withstand more wind than Disneyland's fireworks. The ones in springs are modified parrot anifi drones which can resist winds up to 31 mph but with multiple drones being crammed next to each other it gets reduced to 18mph max wind.
Yep and they operated right on the limit last Friday night with 18mph gusts.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Do we know if there are speakers on the Saratoga Springs side of the lake?

The answer here is "no" but Congress Park is still a good spot to view if staying at Saratoga. Dependent on sound bleeding and then everything is backwards but this only effects anything written or anything designed to be three dimensional can be a little different. Disney Security was out there and a CM with a clicker was counting guests.

20240527_225457.jpg

Someone should make a better image of that on a Saratoga t-shirt.

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

Anecdotally told that it was a good spot if only wanting to view. The person said it was empty on the parking lot roof but there was no sound.
Thank you. I am trying to determine the best viewing range for it. I know occasionally disney can have sound up pretty loud so if you can't hear it from the parking area then the speakers are more towards the lagoon. This may also be useful for anyone who wants to watch the show but is too sensitive to the loud sound. Then again it may be that disney keeps the sound volume on a lower level during the less busier times of the year and come holiday season they may increase the volume. Regardless it is useful data to consider.

jeanericuser001

My wife got me a drone for my 35th birthday that I confidently took outside with the kids watching as I proceeded to watch it slowly fly away from me and crash into the woods.

We searched and never found it.

It was a high point for me.
Reminds me of my first boomerang. I threw it thinking it would fly back to me but instead it flew on to the roof of a hotel and I never saw that boomerang again nor did I ever get one again. Some things you are just not meant to have.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Reminder: Disney Dreams That Soar will not have a performance on Monday, June 10.

Here's the statement from Disney:

Disney Dreams That Soar presented by AT&T will not be performed on Monday night, June 10, 2024. Please enjoy the other nightly entertainment offered at Disney Springs.
The drones have become self-aware and joined SAG. They are dark on Mondays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom