News Disney domestic theme park attendance now at 2019 levels with per capita spending up 40 percent

Dr. Nigel Channing

Save your wishes for someone who needs them. 🤣

I’ll be the judge of that (I’m good at it)

Nah, you’re clearly pretty horrible at it. But that’s okay.

On a side note, did you ever mention which Six Flags is your favorite?
pntlcr.gif

Ldno

Paying 40% for the same product in 2 years?

I know who the “losers” are.
Dude seriously, a legacy lightsaber in 2019 started at 109.99 now each one I bought was 149.99 they keep rising prices and pretend we don’t notice but sky’s the limit on other news they don’t sell out as much anymore though lolol
It’s funny because we keep getting attacked by friends and family into thinking we are loaded and have money but uh no i just save 400 bucks a month for a year straight and call it spending allowance?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Calling people losers for wanting to have fun. You know unhappiness is optional, right?
It’s not binary…

Who said you have to pay “whatever” to have fun?

And the “losers”…and that’s a metaphor…is the consumers in the long run. I’ve watch former kings guard/praetorians rail for almost a year about how awful genie is…and longer about reservations…and annual pass availability

Did they win today?

And to be clear: I’m not one of those with major problems about those things…but I can see how it’s gonna lead to other annoyances.

hopemax

??? What are the things they want "back".
What do people who go to Disney expect?? Outside of a fantastic vacation??
I assume he’s talking about things like the other parking lot trams, entertainment, and all the remaining things that existed in March 2020, that don’t now. The people who sincerely expect those things to return while Disney is making bank without having them, because the same people have bought Genie+ and several ILLs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I assume he’s talking about things like the other parking lot trams, entertainment, and all the remaining things that existed in March 2020, that don’t now. The people who sincerely expect those things to return while Disney is making bank without having them, because the same people have bought Genie+ and several ILLs.
Amongst other things…now everyone get geared up for D23

Lilofan

…every little bit helps 👍🏻 💰
That's my aggressive reality in investing monthly for many many years in the markets. Even during the times of uncertainty , didn't back down even when listening to naysers. The saying of make sure your money works harder than you do is what keeps me going. One reward is taking some off the top and enjoying at WDW.

disneyfireman

Enjoy it Disney, it won't last.

The pent up demand from covid is mostly dried up and with your insane prices and the recession, this earnings report might be the last good one for a while.
Folks been saying this since like what 1999. “It won’t last” People can choose not to participate in any recession. Which I agree there is. Or headed to. But there are many ways to save money for whatever one wants. Disney will not see a drop off. It’s only getting started to get back to “ normal”

disneyfireman

At least 50% of this very post is whining lol... "freedom is back" c'mon, the parks have been open again for two full years at this point.
But only since April mask free and no nonsense about distancing. It’s refreshing to get in a crammed up bus. I actually enjoyed that. Or a packed stretching room. It was very very refreshing and wonderful. And not the insane sickness of people being afraid another person is too close to them. I just got back from a week in late July. Loved it.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Thank you, jeez it's like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics.
Or it's possible that most people are not expecting those things to come back.

eliza61nyc

Enjoy it Disney, it won't last.

The pent up demand from covid is mostly dried up and with your insane prices and the recession, this earnings report might be the last good one for a while.
And that might be a good thing, if Disney prices are really out if control (and remember people here have been predicting Disney's comeuppance for at least 10 years) then a correction is due and they will have to offer more to win back customers

Vegas Disney Fan

Folks been saying this since like what 1999. “It won’t last” People can choose not to participate in any recession. Which I agree there is. Or headed to. But there are many ways to save money for whatever one wants. Disney will not see a drop off. It’s only getting started to get back to “ normal”

I’ve said they’re at risk of reaching the breaking point for years, and every year I’m proven wrong… maybe a 40% yearly increase in per guest spending (along with unpopular changes like reservations and Genie+) is finally enough to reach that point, only time will tell.

We’ve never reached that point before but we did this year, we’ll be spending less in the parks and more elsewhere, fortunately for Disney a lot of that will be on DCL where we still find a lot of value.

Dan Deesnee

I’ve said they’re at risk of reaching the breaking point for years, and every year I’m proven wrong… maybe a 40% yearly increase in per guest spending (along with unpopular changes like reservations and Genie+) is finally enough to reach that point, only time will tell.

We’ve never reached that point before but we did this year, we’ll be spending less in the parks and more elsewhere, fortunately for Disney a lot of that will be on DCL where we still find a lot of value.

Everything thought or said about Disney pre-covid regarding Park performance is irrelevant. This is a situation we've never been in before. Trillions in debt, rates unsustainably low, global supply chains are broken (maybe irreparably).

Times have been bad before, but never like this. Things could get a lot worse. Guess we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom