News Disney domestic theme park attendance now at 2019 levels with per capita spending up 40 percent

CaptainAmerica

I'm... confused

I could've swore they said that park capacity would never be how it was pre-pandemic but if the park attendance numbers have already reached 2019 levels and it's august, how does that work out?
"Smoothing."

Busy times are less busy, but traditionally slower times are busier.

The parks were never hitting capacity pre-pandemic outside of Christmas week and maybe Easter.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm... confused

I could've swore they said that park capacity would never be how it was pre-pandemic but if the park attendance numbers have already reached 2019 levels and it's august, how does that work out?
What’s confusing? People assumed that things were closed because of limits/labor shortages…and they were wrong. This always happens…fans make cover stories for Disney and they just shrug their shoulders and let it play.
"Smoothing."

Busy times are less busy, but traditionally slower times are busier.

The parks were never hitting capacity pre-pandemic outside of Christmas week and maybe Easter.
They’re still not hitting anything close to “capacity”…it’s attendance. Unless now they are using Robin Williams to now mean “capacity” as a function of seats available…and not Mickey spins at the gate? 🤔

DavidS1234

I honestly think this is more of a reflection on people's state of mind than on anything new Disney has done. People are exhausted from death and sickness and political BS, and are willing to spend $$$ just to find a connection to better times.

Poly1974

I miss WDW less and less every time I visit this blog. NO desire to go back anytime in the next 5+ years. Big crowds to 40% more to have the same fun as 2019? No thanks. Evidently millions are willing to pay for this and enjoy the crowds. More power to you.
This is exactly how I feel after 45 years of being a regular visitor and 15 years as a DVC member. I don't see the value in it anymore with all of the changes by this greedy management group.

JusticeDisney

Paying 40% for the same product in 2 years?

I know who the “losers” are.
Value is subjective. If someone feels that they cannot afford a WDW vacation or that their enjoyment is not commensurate with what they are paying, that’s totally their right to feel that way and they are free to vacation somewhere else. What they shouldn’t do, however, is get so angry over the fact that there are millions of others who have no problem affording a WDW vacation and actually have a great time there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Those who see it as a large percentage of their discretionary spending?
No…not at all. Those that think they’ll get the things they want back (or more…which they provide zero incentive to provide with bad consumer behavior) when they reward by buying the things they condemn.

And that list is long, but distinguished.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Value is subjective. If someone feels that they cannot afford a WDW vacation or that their enjoyment is not commensurate with what they are paying, that’s totally their right to feel that way and they are free to vacation somewhere else. What they shouldn’t do, however, is get so angry over the fact that there are millions of others who have no problem affording a WDW vacation and actually have a great time there.
Again…and this will be probably be deleted too…
I’m wishing you the best 👍🏻🤞🏻

eliza61nyc

No…not at all. Those that think they’ll get the things they want back (or more…which they provide zero incentive to provide with bad consumer behavior) when they reward by buying the things they condemn.

And that list is long, but distinguished.
??? What are the things they want "back".
What do people who go to Disney expect?? Outside of a fantastic vacation??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom