Disney Dining Card: What Many People Don't Know

red345

Many people don't know this, but there is a way to save money at WDW restuarants. While down there we had gotten the Disney Dining Card and loved all the savings from it. Most times we saved at least $10 at every meal that we had in a restaurant in the parks and at the resort. This was great since we also had an annual pass and were pretty much able to cover all of the dining in WDW. Also the card allows you free parking in the theme park parking lots, but only if you are going to be eating at the park and you cannot use it for all day parking.

If you have any info, contact WDW reservations and they will be able to help you or if anyone on the site has the phone number please post it.

The card helped us out alot and should be taken more advantage of people who either are going to be there for extended trips or live down there. One more thing the card is 1/2 price for annual pass holders.

$50- one year membership to the club, but you normally get that back within 4-5 meals with three people
$25- for annual passholders, and can be gotten back within 3 meals.

We saved about $190 on meals alone by the way and used that for many number of things down there.

wannabeBelle

the $50.00 is the membership price for an annual passholder. The cost covers two cards per household so if two people living together each contribute $25.00 I can see how this mistake could be made. I believe the cost was $70-75 dollars for Forida residents who arent AP holders for the initial entry to the program. Plese check out this post: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=49086
That should give you all the information on this great program!!! Belle

Upvote 0

WDWKat26

Ours was like $70 or something, but it honestly has been the best investment my family has spent at Disney lately. At places where my Dad and I can't get CM discounts (Like at Beaches N' Cream...a family FAVORITE) and on Alcohol CM's get no discounts, the card covers all of that. It's awesome to have and definitely a good investment for the frequent Disney Dining family.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

red345 said:
Many people don't know this, but there is a way to save money at WDW restuarants.

Many people might not know this, but I'm guessing none of them are on THIS board! :lol:

But thanks for passing along the info, anyway. You may have gotten someone else who's new here hipped to the discount. But like wannabebelle said, the price is actually 50 dollars to join if you're an Annual Passholder, NOT 25. But the card is good for two people so if you know someone else who's an annual passholder but doesn't travel with you, it's easy to split the cost (if your whole group always eats together, it's not worth having two members of your family on the same membership). Or you can gift it. When I joined, I gave the other card to my sister who was leaving in a few weeks, and she and her family made out like thieves on it.

Upvote 0

ScrappyTam

Do you need to have your AP pass with you when you use the card?? Just wondering that if I *gift* the card to someone else, do they have to be an AP holder too??

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

ScrappyTam said:
Do you need to have your AP pass with you when you use the card?? Just wondering that if I *gift* the card to someone else, do they have to be an AP holder too??
As the card has the AP holder's name on it I have actually had to show not only my AP but my driver's license to show that the name of the DDE card and I were the same person!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

Best part about it is that the River Roost bar at POR is included in this. We are staying there in 11 days, and I will be throwing down a large amount of beer at 20% off. :slurp: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

KnK

I am a new AP holder. I will not be able to activate my AP until I am there in September. Can I purchass this without an activated AP? I would love to take advantage of this.

Upvote 0

speck76

K&K said:
I am a new AP holder. I will not be able to activate my AP until I am there in September. Can I purchass this without an activated AP? I would love to take advantage of this.

not sure.....you can NOT buy the card on property, only through a phone number, so plan on buying it prior to your visit

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
K&K said:
From my understanding the code on your AP voucher will suffice. However the date that your DDE starts is from date of purchase not date of first use like you AP. When I signed up for it a few months ago Disney tacked on an extra 6 weeks to the expiration date to cover processing time. Depending on how you plan to use you AP you might want to order you card about 1 to 2 weeks before you trip (to avoid having to renew you DDE before your AP expires) and have the conformation e-mail sent to an account that you can access from any internet connection. (ie, Gmail, Yahoo etc) That way if for some strange reason the conformation letter doesn't make it to you in time or you loose it you will be able to access and print it from any computer with an internet connection. Don't count on the card being delivered on time (Mine took nearly 8 weeks) the conformation e-mail will work fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom