Disney Dining Card: What Many People Don't Know

red345

Many people don't know this, but there is a way to save money at WDW restuarants. While down there we had gotten the Disney Dining Card and loved all the savings from it. Most times we saved at least $10 at every meal that we had in a restaurant in the parks and at the resort. This was great since we also had an annual pass and were pretty much able to cover all of the dining in WDW. Also the card allows you free parking in the theme park parking lots, but only if you are going to be eating at the park and you cannot use it for all day parking.

If you have any info, contact WDW reservations and they will be able to help you or if anyone on the site has the phone number please post it.

The card helped us out alot and should be taken more advantage of people who either are going to be there for extended trips or live down there. One more thing the card is 1/2 price for annual pass holders.

$50- one year membership to the club, but you normally get that back within 4-5 meals with three people
$25- for annual passholders, and can be gotten back within 3 meals.

We saved about $190 on meals alone by the way and used that for many number of things down there.

Lightyear

I ordered mine Tues 5/31, she asked when my trip is 7/1 she said if I did not receive the cards (she thought I would) a letter would suffice. We shall see.

Lisa

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Ok, JPVonDrake is ready to chime in...

:lol:

I agree with AEfx :wave:

Call 407-566-5858 and ask what is the current response time is for getting you your DDE card. The expiration will always be 12 months from the estimated time your membership card is schedule to arrive at your home, not from when you called.

Since the response time is about back to normal, don't expect to be able to pick up your card or a temporary letter of authorization on property any longer (exceptions are sometimes possible but now rare.)

You do need an Annual Pass in hand (activated or voucher) when you call.

Hope this helps :sohappy:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Current list of DDE participating locations:

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - World Premiere Food Court
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - Intermission Food Court
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - End Zone Food Court
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Victoria Falls
Disney's Beach Club Resort - Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge, Rip Tide Lounge
Disney's BoardWalk - ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Bellevue Lounge
Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club - Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort - California Grill, Chef Mickey's, Concourse Steakhouse, Outer Rim Lounge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - Maya Grill
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Restaurant
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table)
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort - Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Tambu Lounge, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Late show only)
Disney's Pop Century Resort - Everything Pop Shopping and Dining and Classic Concoctions
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - The Artist's Palette, The Turf Club
Disney's Wide World of Sports™ - Official All-Star Cafe
Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Yacht Club Galley, Ale and Compass Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crews Cup Lounge
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® - Marketplace - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® - West Side - Wolfgang Puck® Cafe, Planet Hollywood®
Epcot® - L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Restaurant, Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Bistro de Paris Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Biergarten Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Restaurant Akershus, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, The Garden Grill, Coral Reef Restaurant
Disney-MGM Studios - Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tune-In Lounge, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby
Magic Kingdom® Park - The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Tusker House Restaurant, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbeque, Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment & Dancing

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island
Half-price admission for each Club Member, except for specially priced events.

Atlantic Dance Hall - Disney's BoardWalk
Admission is free for members and guest.

Enjoy your meal :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

JPVonDrake said:
:lol:

I agree with AEfx :wave:

Call 407-566-5858 and ask what is the current response time is for getting you your DDE card. The expiration will always be 12 months from the estimated time your membership card is schedule to arrive at your home, not from when you called.

Since the response time is about back to normal, don't expect to be able to pick up your card or a temporary letter of authorization on property any longer (exceptions are sometimes possible but now rare.)

You do need an Annual Pass in hand (activated or voucher) when you call.

Hope this helps :sohappy:

Well this changes everything. We haven't gotten our AP vouchers yet and we probably won't get them until a week or two before we leave. So that will not give us enough time for the card to get to us in the mail before we head out to WDW. And since we can't get a letter of authorization any more, it looks like we won't be able to use the DDC card this trip. My dad is not going to be a happy camper :lol:

Thanks for the info anyways.

Upvote 0

Lightyear

As an update, I received my letter today that states the letter will serve as validation of membership. "Please extend the discount and all benefits..."

Hope it helps someone.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom