Disney Diet Buddies...

KCheatle

Good for you!! Every time before I go I try to get in better shape. I guess it's sort of like a diet - I don't do it to lose weight necessarily (although that is an added bonus). I just don't want to be exhausted or hurting by the end of the day because then that makes the next day and the next day of the same marathon pace so hard. I figure I've got to train for 8 days of walking 10-15 miles a day ( average person walks 10 miles a day in Disney World - we tend to Park Hop a lot so, I assume we walk much more than the average person). And that's just walking! That's not taking into account fast-paced walking to get to a reservation on time, running to get to a ride quickly, or just standing in line for an hour in 95 degree heat! So, I always like to "condition" before I go so that my "old bones" don't keep my kids/family from having a good time :)

DisneyDebNJ

Has anyone gone on a diet before Disney (I mean, I get it's normal to do before vacation...haha). What are you doing to lose weight, if so?

I've lost 17 lbs so far and need about 10 more to get to my goal! ALLLLMOST there. Im soooooo flippin excited :D
WTG on your weight loss!!! I lost 36 lbs since January following Weight Watchers. Went off of it for a cpl weeks and starting back up Aug 1. Our trip is usually always October, so for a week, I don't deprive myself of ANYTHING. Then, the holidays creep up, then its back to losing weight come January!!

lebeau

I started on Atkins about this time last year. I dropped 50 lbs! I got a little lax during the summer and put on a could of the lbs I lost. But now, with just under 100 days to go, I am back to being strict with my diet. And I have started walking reguarily. I am less concerned with losing weight than I am with building up my stamina for all the walking WDW entails. But also, I hate pictures of myself from pretty much any trip since our 2003 honeymoon. This trip, I want to look okay in the pictures again!

Jessica618

I went on a pre-Disney diet too! #1...I don't want to look back at pictures and be anything less than thrilled about every second of my trip. #2...It's stinkin' HOT in Florida! I don't want to feel like a Seaworld-runaway if I choose to wear a tank top. #3...I feel that if I get in better shape I'll generally be in a better frame of health for the marathon 12 hour in park days. #4...Hello???? New vacay clothes! ;) #5...It's stinkin' HOT in Florida!

Congrats on everyone for their success in their weight loss. I am currently doing the South Beach Diet, which is similar to Atkins. I started May 1, with several cheat days, and have lost 20 pounds. My goal is to be another 20 down (and back to my pre-baby weight) when we go in October.

6laurac

Also you may want to try the running program for beginners on Runner's World. It helped me run from a minute to 30 minutes in ten weeks just running 30 minutes 3-4 times a week.

Good luck! Keep working at your goal and you're halfway there.

bgraham34

I just started one last week. I got on the scale yesterday and could not believe how much I weighed. 7 weeks until my trip in which i am hoping to lose 15 pounds by then. By the end of the year I am shooting for 40 pounds.

wiigirl

I walk, walk, walk. I also buy new Disney shoes 6 months out and walk them to death. I try to aim for 3 to 4 miles a day.
75.gif

Me too....when I go to Disney...I go all the way! :p

DisneyDebNJ

I started on Atkins about this time last year. I dropped 50 lbs! I got a little lax during the summer and put on a could of the lbs I lost. But now, with just under 100 days to go, I am back to being strict with my diet. And I have started walking reguarily. I am less concerned with losing weight than I am with building up my stamina for all the walking WDW entails. But also, I hate pictures of myself from pretty much any trip since our 2003 honeymoon. This trip, I want to look okay in the pictures again!
WTG on your weight loss and good for you!!!!

DisneyDebNJ

I just started one last week. I got on the scale yesterday and could not believe how much I weighed. 7 weeks until my trip in which i am hoping to lose 15 pounds by then. By the end of the year I am shooting for 40 pounds.
I did the same thing last January, and completely freaked when I stood on the scale. You can do it and you will :)

Blueskyze

Congrats on the weight loss - that's awesome! I've been working on getting into better shape, too - I've been running (doing the Couch to 5K program), doing a Biggest Loser workout routine, and some ab routines that I found on Pinterest. I lost almost 3 lbs last week - very encouraging! Of course, I plan on eating all of the cupcakes that I can get my hands on once I get to WDW, so all of the working out is much needed! :)

LuLaSue

Congrats to everyone on their Loss! I try and drop a few just so I don't gain while I am away.o_O As I get older, I find it harder to take off a fast 5. We leave in 30 days, I have turned up the heat in the Yoga studio hoping to melt off some pounds. DH and I have been walking 3 days a week, getting the legs warmed up and mabe drop a pound or 5.

Tiggerfanatic

Good going everyone! I, too, started watching my food intake recently. My daughter's getting married next summer and then there is the Girl's Cruise next September. Not doing anything special, just cut out sugar and white flour. Trying to walk every evening (at least on the days when the temperature isn't above 90!), and so far have lost 8 pounds. One thing I've found - the older I get the harder this process is!:rolleyes:

DisneyDebNJ

Thanks I am going to try my best, I kept putting it off and not realizing how bad things were.
But the hardest part is starting it, and you have already done that, so from here on out, its all uphill :) First week, be prepared to be tempted, but don't worry, your will is stronger than food, you will do great :)

westie

My wife is a tyrant at disney and won't allow me to stop often. That being said I usually come home 10lbs. lighter because we walk from morning till night. And yes, shoe shopping before the trip is a must.

71dsp

Has anyone gone on a diet before Disney (I mean, I get it's normal to do before vacation...haha). What are you doing to lose weight, if so?

I've lost 17 lbs so far and need about 10 more to get to my goal! ALLLLMOST there. Im soooooo flippin excited :D

That's awesome. I wish I could lose 27 lbs! I've been meaning to go on a diet and do more exercise for some time, but my current work schedule is a real bummer. Hopefully before our Dec trip, I can get some weight off.

bgraham34

But the hardest part is starting it, and you have already done that, so from here on out, its all uphill :) First week, be prepared to be tempted, but don't worry, your will is stronger than food, you will do great :)

The biggest this has been staying away from candy in my office. There is so much of it. Way too tempting, so i am just staying away from the kitchen area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom