Disney decorations in your HOME

hoppypooh

Originally posted by MagicalMonorail
Hey HoppyPooh can I rent you for a few days?:lol:

Hey MagicalMonorail - I play with the Royal Canadian Air Force
Band and we usually head to Barksdale for a week in the fall.

hoppypooh

Originally posted by KevinPage
The house is probably the msot tackiest thing I've seen. Granted he has alot of 'stuff" but just slapping it into a room is the equivalent of Six Flags throwing up a zillion rides and calling it "well themed".

It has to have a sense of purpose and central theme for it to work. Then again, I'm the picky sort :)

Oh I agree. That guy has a lot of cool stuff - but it's so cluttered!

hoppypooh

Slightly off topic...

TTA Traveller, I remember talking to you about ideas for your parents anniversary... I just noticed you're an Ontario art student too... whereabouts? (if you don't mind me asking)

bigfatdonna

OH YEAH, one more thing. It's house cleaning day and as I was going into my son's "All Things Disney" room to tidy up I realized ................... his room is the only room in the house that I don't mind cleaning one bit!!!! Now if that's not inspiring ladies, I don't know what is!!

SpectroMan

When it comes to Disney decorating with Disney, it is not over the top. Suddle hints are all that is needed, a Mickey Mouse figurine here are there.

I am re-designing my room, and it's going to be EPCOT/Future World themed. I found a really cool poster that will be the center piece, and I am going to take black-and-white photos of the Future World pavilions and place them around my room.

Crzy4Dzny

:sohappy: This is a great question. Helped me get some new Disney decorating ideas. One year I painted a bunch of Disney cartoon characters on our downstairs bathroom walls. My son-in-law just put in a new floor and I want to paint the room to match it, but my husband doesn't want me to get rid of the cartoon characters. :) I'd love to do a mural on the wall going upstairs, but we're moving to Florida in about 6 years, so would only have to repaint it before selling the house. :( Not sure what to do there.

micmse2003

Disney kitchen

We remodeled our kitchen 5 years ago, and did it complete in black and white early Mickey of course. Once I figure out how to post pictures. I also cut a 5 foot diameter Mickey Icon in the front lawn of my house, that my wife plants flowers every summer. We have 3 foot high statues of Donald, Minnie, and Mickey. We met the Disneytatoo guy 2 years age at a Disneyanna convention. Most of the stuff in his house he made. We have been to Disneyworld 30 times in the last 36 years, we have always been Disney nuts. We go way back to when the mouseketeers first came on T.V. Nice to see other people as crazy as us.

micmse73

:wave:

I have two rooms soley decorated with Disney from items I have been collecting over the years. My spare bedroom is literally Mickey Mouse (and a little of the other characters blended in) from ceiling to floor. I also have a guest bathroom with the Mickey theme that is black, red, white and yellow.

In addition I just got married in January and we had the toasting goblets, the knife set, the cake topper and of course we had the bride/groom mouse ears...So I'm definitely a little bit of a fanatic.

Great to see, there are many others out there like me!

p.s. I met the Disney Tattoo guy at a Disneyana convention a few years back and he is definitely a little over the edge of sanity.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by edwardtc

At Work: Since I work in Construction Management, I got the poster of the Blueprint of the front elevation of the WDW castle, framed it and hung it on my office wall.

OMG ME TOO! :lol:

(Let's see...I have snowglobes on the shelves in my walk-in...but that's about it...other than the Partners Statue and a few plushes)

1disneydood

Originally posted by alice
i was wondering the same thing! i would like those too! i know he had alot of stuff custom made, but i dunno where those are from!

eBay has ONE right now "Dynamite". It's like $70 unframed, too rich for my blood. I'd buy two or more if they were that much total, but that's too much for one when I want the whole set.

agdbeanie

Originally posted by micmse73
p.s. I met the Disney Tattoo guy at a Disneyana convention a few years back and he is definitely a little over the edge of sanity.

We saw him last year. We were waiting (forever btw) for a bus from the Boardwalk Resort to DTD and he was waiting at the stop too.

1disneydood

Originally posted by Irrawaddy Erik
I have the set of 4 ... The Disney Gallery in Disneyland were selling them a few years back. A friend of mine picked them up for me and gave them to me as a gift.

Do you know if the Disney Gallery still sells'em? I want the set, and don't want to pay $70 on eBay just to have one.

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by 1disneydood
Do you know if the Disney Gallery still sells'em? I want the set, and don't want to pay $70 on eBay just to have one.
Na the were a Special Edition and were only on sale for a limited time.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Man, that Disney Tattoo Guy's house is crazy. Looks awesome, but I don't think I could take THAT much Disney every single day! :D

As for Disney decorations....I recently had my bedroom and bathroom re-done, and had it painted entirely in the Disney at Home by Behr colors. I don't have many Disney items up in my room, except for a framed Splash Mountain on-ride photo, a framed picture of me and my sister with Lilo and Stitch, a Goofy lamp, Sir and Skippy figures and the Alien figure (all still in original boxes), Disneyland Autopia car model, and a DVD tower holding every Disney film I've got. Inside my walk-in closet, I have around 10 park maps from various years and times hanging up, and also have a framed James and the Giant Peach movie poster on the wall (used to be my favorite movie as a kid for some reason, so decided to keep it up in the closet).

When I do own my own home though, I think it would be nice to have one "Disney room", filled with Disney memorabilia. :)

dmagickingdom

I met the disney tattoo guy as well and have heard him on howard stern too in regards to his passion for disney. he applied for disney but was denied a position because he does not meet their standards(i wonder what would prompt that) but the cast members seem to love him. they treat him as a celebrity when he enters and he is known to most of the cast members especially at the magic kingdom.

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by dmagickingdom
I met the disney tattoo guy as well and have heard him on howard stern too in regards to his passion for disney. he applied for disney but was denied a position because he does not meet their standards(i wonder what would prompt that) but the cast members seem to love him. they treat him as a celebrity when he enters and he is known to most of the cast members especially at the magic kingdom.
Yep I've talked to him many times. He is a wonderful guy.

Lee

Adventurer
Met him at the Adv. Club a while back. Interesting guy, he and my wife compared Disney Tattoos...his 1500 or so to her 2.

Yeah he has a lot of them...but many don't look all that great. He went for quanity over quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom