disney decline sad to see

fractal

As someone who has been visiting disney regularly since i was 10 and am now 45 most recently being there in november have to say im so sad that disney is fast becoming the second choice for many kids behind universal and this is only going to be heightened when volcano bay has disney rested on its laurels for too long

This must be why there's no longer a slow season at WDW. o_O

Since1976

My story has not changed at all it is you and others who have misconstrued my original post and assumed i do not love disney but anyone who believes that the parks are perfect and say they would not change a thing is crazy and i am sorry but here in the uk if you told your kids you were going to orlando but could only do one disney or universal the majority would currently choose universal and i personally put that down to a lack of investment by disney from 2000 till 2010

Walt Disney World is stale debate: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-world-is-stale-debate.880190/

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
My story has not changed at all it is you and others who have misconstrued my original post and assumed i do not love disney but anyone who believes that the parks are perfect and say they would not change a thing is crazy and i am sorry but here in the uk if you told your kids you were going to orlando but could only do one disney or universal the majority would currently choose universal and i personally put that down to a lack of investment by disney from 2000 till 2010
I think you may well be wrong with that statement about the UK. It is a demographic thing. If you asked a bunch of mid-teens then they might well say Universal. If you asked younger kids they would probably choose Disney .

ppete1975

Can you read i did not say nothing had changed in 35yrs just no change since our previous visit in 2012

I'm done with this post. I will depart with some advice though. Take some time to clearly get your point across. Don't get ed and say things like "can you read" (btw you clearly wrote your message wrong, sorry we didn't decipher your messages). Then go into CAPS mode yelling at people.
Come in respectfully, with clear concise messages and the response you will get will be much better. If we keep misconstruing your messages, maybe take the extra 5 seconds to proofread and ensure your message came across as intended.

Have a magical day

The Empress Lilly

Wow people say my op was trolling but the replies have been unbelievable i never once said i had a bad vacation or that i or indeed my niece or nephew didnt enjoy disney just that it was sad it was no longer their favourite and if im honest i could see why this was the first time in 35yrs disney had absolutely nothing new
It still remains beyond me how anybody can read this as saying 'nothing new in 35 years', the virtual opposite of the clearly intended 'this time, for the first time in 35 years, there was nothing new'.

Reading, it is a courtesy.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
It still remains beyond me how anybody can read this as saying 'nothing new in 35 years', the virtual opposite of the clearly intended 'this time, for the first time in 35 years, there was nothing new'.

Reading, it is a courtesy.
True but it still doesn't add up that there is nothing new since the last time the OP went.

L.C. Clench

True but it still doesn't add up that there is nothing new since the last time the OP went.
Nothing is a bit of an exaggeration but most of what is new is bad stage shows and character meet and greets. If your big memories of Disney involve the Decade of Disney then seeing the stagnation of the Iger era is going to feel like nothingness. I'm sorry but when you're replacing attractions with movie commercials and lounges that is nothing.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Nothing is a bit of an exaggeration but most of what is new is bad stage shows and character meet and greets. If your big memories of Disney involve the Decade of Disney then seeing the stagnation of the Iger era is going to feel like nothingness. I'm sorry but when you're replacing attractions with movie commercials and lounges that is nothing.
"feels like" and "actual" nothing is different in my book but i do get where you are coming from.

L.C. Clench

Not five years. Less than three actually. 31 months. Still too long for many but not five.
It was announced in 1999 and opened in 2014 which is where the 5 years comes from. Of course at that time the centerpiece was to be a "lavish" Little Mermaid ride so I guess NFL could have been worse.

NormC

It was announced in 1999 and opened in 2014 which is where the 5 years comes from. Of course at that time the centerpiece was to be a "lavish" Little Mermaid ride so I guess NFL could have been worse.
The mine coaster was a late addition. It was originally going to be a meet and greet building and a Pixie hollow area.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I am not saying do away with any of the rides that are their for younger kids just add some for the teens aswell im sure you might feel differently when your kids are a bit older lol

There's plenty of rides for teens at Disney. It's just up to them on whether or not to ride them.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Well there was the all new indiana jones stunt spectacular no wait that was exactly the sam as the first time i saw it some 20yrs ago and then they had changed the tiki room , how, well by reverting to the original dreadful 1971 show
635807161109124288-167399039_was-that-sarcasm.jpg

L.C. Clench

That's, ummmm........15 years. :)
You're right. I was just looking at when they announced it and the 9 and 4 and though 5 years. I take back what I said about NFL possible being worse. 15 years of hype and we get two restaurants, two rides a gift shop and a bathroom. That almost makes Avatarland look like it was speed built.

L.C. Clench

Well there was the all new indiana jones stunt spectacular no wait that was exactly the sam as the first time i saw it some 20yrs ago and then they had changed the tiki room , how, well by reverting to the original dreadful 1971 show
In their defense the dreadful 1971 show is far better than the abysmal attempt at a retheme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom